Flare Drop until 11.06.2021

Hello guys

I got a question and i cant find a tutorial online...

I have an xrp paper wallet and an activated leger eth wallet (adress and keys)

However when i go to xrptoolkit im not able so set tge messagekey it says none of your added accounts can sign this transaction and i do not get it im following the xrptoolkits explaination

I do not need to enter the secret key anywhere and i do not need to transact the funds so i thought nice thats a fine way to claim my sparks but im missing something and i do not know what im missing....

Please help im sure its just a litte thing im doing wrong...

Many thanks and greets 

Julian

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got it thanks  I will try it with xumm No problem i have a couple of other wallets with max 100xrp on it i was first trying it with them but it didnt worked but now i got it the whole time

No the Eth wallet is purely just to get an Eth compatible address.  The ETh network and the new Flare network are completely seperate.  Think of them as continents.  You now have an address 12 East St

Yes.  When flare starts up then you will select one of the flare wallets (I don’t know what they are yet) and enter that phrase (your key) into it.  It will then allow you to access the Spark at that

Hello together,

I got a question i wanted to claim my flare tokens but it doesnt work...

I have an activated paper wallet with all of my funds and i had this wallet long before the snapshot 

So on the 12th december i had a functionally paperwallet with x funds 

Plus since today i have a ledger nano s 

I activated the eth wallet and now i have an eth wallet + keys

Now as i understood as an selfcustodyholder with an paperwallet i just need to go to xrptoolkit paste my walletadress then go to properties enter the ethadress with the 02000... number in front and then i need to click update

But i doesnt work it only shows

"None of your added accounts can sign this transaction"

As i understood i do not need to enter my secret keys anywhere plus i do not need to do a transaction just entering the adress

Please help i cant find anyone online who has the same issue... 

Many thanks and greets

Julian

That was my question on another thread 

So where do i sign the transaction? Nowhere the xrptoolkit asks for it...

I tried to import the walletadress of my paperwallet because my funds where on this wallet on 12.12.2020

But it doesnt work

Where do i need to sign the transaction?

Posted (edited)

I've never used a Nano or any hardware wallet, but my understanding is that the hardware wallets are essentially key management tools.

So you would have to do something on the Nano to sign the TX before submitting the TX to the live XRPL network.

Do you actually have your wallet's key pair written down? If so you should be able to skip the Nano step, setup an offline computer to do & sign the account set message key TX. 

Edited by KarmaCoverage
42 minutes ago, Herbalist said:

As i understood i do not need to enter my secret keys anywhere plus i do not need to do a transaction just entering the adress

Set MessageKey is essentially a "transaction". You DO need to enter your secret key to add the address.

Posted (edited)

In order to use XRP Toolkit to sign transactions, you need to use it with your XRP stored in one of the wallets listed here: https://www.xrptoolkit.com/get-wallet

I don't think it's possible to use XRP Toolkit with a paper wallet. It doesn't matter what kind of wallet you use for ETH.

So you'll need to either create a new XRP wallet using one of the wallets listed in the URL above, or import the one you have. It's a simple process to import it into XUMM, though if I were you I'd just create a new one on your Ledger Nano.

Edit: I'm a dummy. Don't create a new wallet for this since that would negate the process of claiming FLR. Import using XUMM instead. You need the same XRP address that was part of the snapshot. I was too busy thinking about XRP Toolkit and forgot why you were asking in the first place.

Edited by efFofexX
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herbalist said:

So i need to enter my secret key ins message key and after that the eth walletadress? But on a offline pc?

That right?

No no no, please dont do that successfully, you will be giving away your wallet. Seriously dont put your secret key in the message field. 

You are supposed to put your public key for your augmented Ethereum type wallet in the message field. Because then the Flare team can know where to send how much FLR.

All TXs need to be signed using your secret key (offline) and submitted to the live network for completion. 

Edited by KarmaCoverage

I got it thanks 

I will try it with xumm

No problem i have a couple of other wallets with max 100xrp on it i was first trying it with them but it didnt worked but now i got it the whole time i thought that i can use xrptoolkit with a paperwallet but no

Im going to import my wallet into xumm and connect xrptoolkit via xumm and as i understood i clould right after it create a new paper wallet transfer my funds and then i have claimed my spark plus i have my xrp safe in a offline generated paperwallet

Thank you all for your help may all of you and your families be blessed with good health and wealth

Julian

3 hours ago, Herbalist said:

Im going to import my wallet into xumm and connect xrptoolkit via xumm

No I don’t think that is a good approach...   you’ve involved two seperate software teams when you only needed one.

The simplest and most straightforward way is import your paper wallet into xumm and follow the xumm guide at https://flare.wietse.com/

XRPToolkit is also good and can do it all for you but it’s sounding like in your case better with Xumm.

(Weitse is the well respected dev who’s team created Xumm)

19 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

23 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I've never used a Nano or any hardware wallet, but my understanding is that the hardware wallets are essentially key management tools.

So you would have to do something on the Nano to sign the TX before submitting the TX to the live XRPL network.

Do you actually have your wallet's key pair written down? If so you should be able to skip the Nano step, setup an offline computer to do & sign the account set message key TX. 

How did you set the message for your Flare address? I'm facing the same issue. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Euphorbia said:

How did you set the message for your Flare address? I'm facing the same issue. Thanks.

I use an offline RaspberryPi and Ripplerm's wallet https://ripplerm.github.io/ripple-wallet/

It's not exactly "user friendly" but as long as you know what your doing it is a good wallet / method for doing offline TXs.

Edited by KarmaCoverage