Why are so many news outlets anti XRP

It strikes me as odd that so many news outlets refuse to even mention Ripple or XRP, and even go out of their way to avoid it. I get there is a lawsuit, but how does talking about XRP generate any issues. It’s as of the media have banded together and decided not to discuss it, at all. 
For example, this article has the following comments -

“Adding a new cryptocurrency is tricky, though. It’s not as easy as adding a new stock to an exchange, for instance. Coinbase reviews the coin’s tech specifications, user base, and any potential legal issues, among other factors. It’s not clear if the company has any liability if it lists a coin that is later considered a security by the Securities and Exchange Commission for instance — a designation that has become a major issue in crypto. If people are selling securities without the disclosures that U.S. law demands, regulators could get involved. Coinbase has previously had to remove a coin from its platform after legal action against the coin creator.“

Apple is one of the worst. Almost every article on crypto actively avoids XRP. I use the Apple stocks app as a quick overview of stocks. Having XRP-USD as one of my saved pairs and there is no new news articles for months, not a single one, I mean come on, even mentioning the court case would of been something or it’s huge rise over the last few months  

It’s a conspiracy I tell you 😂 

https://apple.news/ASys6A-0GTPaTxN8O9s_PPg

9E0C76C2-865B-497C-AD84-2C918C93DF5B.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just my opinion, but I think the early BTC community was attracted by the idea of running some code (mining) and getting something for seemingly nothing. Ignoring electricity costs was easier back the

Thank @KarmaCoverage.  this broad perspective is very helpful. I wonder if when you rewrite this history in two years time you will remember April/May 2021 as the moment every thing pivoted from

It strikes me as odd that so many news outlets refuse to even mention Ripple or XRP, and even go out of their way to avoid it. I get there is a lawsuit, but how does talking about XRP generate any iss

It’s as if there is an agreement in the media to avoid XRP at all costs. 
I see this as positive as it can only mean that those in power really don’t want it to succeed and are trying their upmost to suppress all news as long as possible to keep prices low. 
I have no doubt that if the court case goes Ripples way, that will all change and XRP will be the best thing ever and all over the news, it’s almost like it’s a barometer of success, once it’s newsworthy again, it’ll be on the up 👌

Great insight @KarmaCoverage, thank you. I wasn’t aware of some of that history, so appreciate it. 
I think a lot of the news blackout is controlled as XRP is genuinely a threat to big money, this court case is more important than most think, if it goes Ripples way, the floodgates will open and there won’t be anyway of stopping XRP with all the behind the scenes work going on. If it doesn’t go Ripples way, I can genuinely see them moving outside of the US and this will only harm the USA’s effort in staying a financial superpower, change is happening and despite the efforts to limit and curtail innovation, this isn’t something they can stop. It’s going to happen, and sooner than they thought. It’s a crossroads and you either get on board or get left behind. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Just my opinion, but I think the early BTC community was attracted by the idea of running some code (mining) and getting something for seemingly nothing. Ignoring electricity costs was easier back then because mining was easier + less competition. 

When XRP came around, they tried to engage the crypto community in a way that would mirror what the community was attracted to, "mining". So Ripple teamed up with Computing For Good, and people could contribute their extra compute power to Science projects, and earn XRP. I used to run all my office computers overnight for them.

It didnt take too long for the hard core BTC folks to realize XRPL was better tech, and I think some saw that as threatening. Then when Ripple articulated the plan to work with Banks as Gateways on boarding value to the XRPL ledger.

Around then Jed quit and started dumping to fund his "secret bitcoin project", which ended up not being Bitcoind, instead it was a copy of XRPL/Rippled with inflation added... aka Stellar

Some time after that, the forum XTPtalk.com started having more inaccurate posts aka FUD. Then the owner started wanting Ripple to do something (I dont remember what), when Ripple didnt, he shut down the old forum.

After that crypto Twitter got hostile towards XRP and they somehow got a lot of XRP folks accounts suspended, mine and a few dozen others. I think @haydentiff was the only one to get her acct reestablished. That's when I checked out of Twitter.

Around 2017ish it seemed that the organization of the FUD improved, and multiple users would play off each other spreading the same inaccurate information.

All that preceded the 2017 run up, so when the herd showed up to learn about crypto, about 90% of the material to read was "centeralized sh!t coin" "premined bankers coin". From there it became "it's a security". For the record I didnt buy ETH at launch because it smelled like an IPO, in time we will see.

From there Wallstreet (I think) started buying crypto slowly till around 2020 when they are now gearing up to unload that crypto inventory to their Retail investors. So we hear BS like "you should have 1% of your portfolio in crypto".

I'm not sure why, probably lawyers and to keep the competition unaware, but many of Ripple's partners have chosen not to disclose what they are working on, like BoA. Plus the big money center Banks, like Citi dont like this new network competing with their old correspondent banking network. I assume they have some lobby in DC with regulators.

So in short, I think some folks are threatened by Ripple and their efforts to build an IoV, so... FUD everywhere, and no FAB unless you go to Ripple, know the code, or find this forum. It's been a wild ride. :spinlol:

Thank @KarmaCoverage.  this broad perspective is very helpful.

I wonder if when you rewrite this history in two years time you will remember April/May 2021 as the moment every thing pivoted from BTC dominance.  Elon Musk seems to have set the "Green Swan" swimming and SEC seem to be about to cave in and admit XRP is what needs to be preserved, and it is PoW that needs to be regulated out of the cryptosphere?

I sense the air has changed these last few weeks and BTC maxis are in for a very hard time.

Edited by Julian_Williams
38 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

the moment every thing pivoted from BTC dominance. 

Who the hell knows when? I'd have guessed a few years ago, but eventually the physics of energy consumption & speed; mixed with the economic reality of scaling, and liquidity cost per TX + additional meaningful functionality, with interconnectedness to financial institutions & central banks will prove out to have been a worth while pursuit... IoV

Not to mention smart contracts