ALMOST at 25,000 signatures - last day - "Gary Gensler: End the War on XRP"

8 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

But the idea that Ripple needed the XRP army is ludicrous in my opinion

...The irony of it is that by signing petitions and begging for the SEC to leave Ripple alone, we're really saying "XRP won't be worth anything if you destroy Ripple, we have an unofficial 'investment contract' with that company and our fate is determined by their success (at getting XRP into the banking sector)"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that is a bit harsh Billy.  The contribution of the XRP community has upset the SEC attack machine and turned this case around on to them.  They have refocussed this case away from being a fig

NOW AT 23,934 and rising... ( See link below )  From the petition's status page... https://www.change.org/p/gary-gensler-gary-gensler-end-the-war-on-xrp/u/29045223  

Can you imagine how many people would sign a petition thanking the SEC for filing this lawsuit?  Or how many people are even in favor of this SEC action against Ripple?  Basically ZERO.  The SEC is no

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

...The irony of it is that by signing petitions and begging for the SEC to leave Ripple alone, we're really saying "XRP won't be worth anything if you destroy Ripple, we have an unofficial 'investment contract' with that company and our fate is determined by their success (at getting XRP into the banking sector)"

I think it's more about being schitt on and sitting there taking it, or moving out of the way and doing something about it.... 

It's peculiar to me that so many of the twitter lawyers and long-time opponents of Ripple and XRP have been in a sense pre-parroting every single charge the SEC brought against Ripple.... and then for them to over-do it in the sense that they worded it as if it was a fraud case against the big wigs... 

... just as weird, indeed is Clayton leaving the way he did... 7 years... 7 years.... (insert Kanye West song)...

yeah, I wouldn't find the irony there.... there is irony way before the irony you reference... which is ironic in itself... 

no specific point here really... just letting out a little steam, maybe.... but on the back of my mind is also the aggressivley persistent lot that were poisoning not only crypto twitter (in the form of responses to Ripple, brad, etc), but also this forum expressing a life-long feeling that XRP was a security and Chris and Brad were "dumping" on us....95%  that is now gone... where did it go, and why did it arrive?  Something stinks... it's ****... and if I see that hurling down at me.... I move.... I don't watch it smack me in the face....

Something ******* stinks and I think we are possibly going to find out what it is!!!

(might be me, it's my second Friday)

Edited by FOOD
also, in my defense I wasn't cussing as much as it might appear.... one of the asterisked out words was p00p.

The court increased the phone line from 500 to 4000, which shows that WE are having some effect. If the community stayed silent, then it would certainly help reinforce the Self Enriching Criminals case. What Joker and Henchman did was CRIMINAL, they moved on to greener pastures and this whole deal has been about self enrichment and a personal beef between JC and Brad. I used to think it was all about the escrow, but I no longer think that is the main reason this all came about.

JC and Henchman + cohorts, did this for their own personal gain, with complete disregard for the effect it would have on crypto, Ripple or XRP investors, they simply abused their positions, whilst publicly endorsing the cryptos they knew would benefit them the most in the long run.

It never ceases to amaze me how people in positions of power can make such incredibly selfish decisions with such little regard for the people those decisions may have.

Posted (edited)

..... also, I admit I am more cynical than the average person and am biased towards xrp as I own exactly 589 of them.

Edited by FOOD
but yeah... in my opinion, ETH maximalists fingerprints are all over this........ BSC rules!