ALMOST at 25,000 signatures - last day - "Gary Gensler: End the War on XRP"

NOW AT 23,934 and rising...

( See link below ) 

From the petition's status page...

MAY 13, 2021 — 

Many thanks to all the people in the cryptocurrency community and to all those concerned with the future of this revolutionary innovation. 

We are close to 25,000 signatures, which Change.org says is the milestone which will make it a "top petition" on their platform!

It will be submitted electronically to Gary Gensler tomorrow - Friday, May 14.  We are going to make it clear that the U.S. government must pay attention to the voices of crypto holders and developers, hear their concerns, build a new set of rules that make sense and move forward with this transformational technology and all the huge economic and social benefits it can offer.

It's the last round before the finish line on this petition.  Let's get there together!

https://www.change.org/p/gary-gensler-gary-gensler-end-the-war-on-xrp/u/29045223

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that is a bit harsh Billy.  The contribution of the XRP community has upset the SEC attack machine and turned this case around on to them.  They have refocussed this case away from being a fig

NOW AT 23,934 and rising... ( See link below )  From the petition's status page... https://www.change.org/p/gary-gensler-gary-gensler-end-the-war-on-xrp/u/29045223  

Can you imagine how many people would sign a petition thanking the SEC for filing this lawsuit?  Or how many people are even in favor of this SEC action against Ripple?  Basically ZERO.  The SEC is no

This is beautiful. Part of me still thinks Gensler wants to double down as this is the biggest hammer he could throw at crypto. But it is amazing the pressure that the XRP community has put right back onto the SEC. 

What a juicy story. Wish I could write it...wouldn't mind collaborating with others to write this epic story. 

2 hours ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

But it is amazing the pressure that the XRP community has put right back onto the SEC. 

As much as I am certain that the Clayton hand grenade was without merit and done to the big firms agenda,  I think it’s a mistake to be standing in the middle of the protestors hearing the cheers and thinking that because the noise around you is loud,  that means that you are making big waves.

I think the XRP ‘community’ is a bunch of wankers.  Full of themselves and self important in a ludicrous way thinking they have more effect than they actually do.

So nah, I disagree...  the XRP community have had an effect via the Deaton thing,  but thinking that amounts to significant pressure on the SEC is way overblowing it in my opinion.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

As much as I am certain that the Clayton hand grenade was without merit and done to the big firms agenda,  I think it’s a mistake to be standing in the middle of the protestors hearing the cheers and thinking that because the noise around you is loud,  that means that you are making big waves.

I think the XRP ‘community’ is a bunch of wankers.  Full of themselves and self important in a ludicrous way thinking they have more effect than they actually do.

So nah, I disagree...  the XRP community have had an effect via the Deaton thing,  but thinking that amounts to significant pressure on the SEC is way overblowing it in my opinion.

I think that is a bit harsh Billy.  The contribution of the XRP community has upset the SEC attack machine and turned this case around on to them.  They have refocussed this case away from being a fight between a big regulatory body against a company with two over greedy execs into something that is a very big human interest story that is now getting the attention of the MSM.  They have stopped this case going off on a jag of its own, and kept the issues at stake very much more grounded than if it had been left to a bunch of opposing lawyers parading their technical regulatory stuff in front of a bored judge.

Jon Deaton has forced SEC into unplanned errors about what they mean is and is not a security, showing up their inconsistencies of application of their own interpretations.  His presence has made a mockery of a lot of what SEC pretend to be, and forced the SEC to make statements that simply do not square up to their mission statement, or the case they are making against XRP

Also the combined forces of XRP users has unearthed evidence of corruption by Hinman in particular, and presented countless use cases of XRP by businesses and individuals that embarrass the SECs allegations that XRP has no function other than to make money to finance Ripple.   

Having said this I have to admit Ripple Lawyers have been pretty impressive and might have defeated SEC without the help of the XRP army.

Edited by Julian_Williams
41 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Perfectly fine to have that opinion..but yea Forbes and CNBC and New York Times and CBS News are running stories/airing interviews that lean heavily in favor of Ripple and XRP holders.

Weird to think that a nonexistent following - meaning no Deaton case, no petition sent to Gensler, no 4,000 attendees limits being hit during hearings, etc. etc. etc. - isn't having an effect. 

55 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Having said this I have to admit Ripple Lawyers have been pretty impressive and might have defeated SEC without the help of the XRP army.

See that’s my case right there.  First up defeating them is not guaranteed.  Merits of the case are one thing,  but the action of the courts is another.  Nothing is a lock-in at this point.  Yeah it looks bad for the SEC but it ain’t over.  Might settle next week or drag on for a year or more.  Might be a win or a loss.

But the idea that Ripple needed the XRP army is ludicrous in my opinion.  They “might” have won without?  That’s the self-important aspect I spoke about.  Half of the communities actions are a hindrance a lot of times.

I’m sorry but most of the posters I read on here are examples of the analogy I used.  Folks hearing a lot of noise and cheering as they march down the street in the middle of the protestors.  Thinking they are changing the world.  Most times they are just blocking traffic.

A big deal here,  is just a gnats fart in the corridors of power.  I’m just saying our self-congratulations are both premature and mis-directed.  I’ll leave it at that.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

See that’s my case right there.  First up defeating them is not guaranteed.  Merits of the case are one thing,  but the action of the courts is another.  Nothing is a lock-in at this point.  Yeah it looks bad for the SEC but it ain’t over.  Might settle next week or drag on for a year or more.  Might be a win or a loss.

But the idea that Ripple needed the XRP army is ludicrous in my opinion.  They “might” have won without?  That’s the self-important aspect I spoke about.  Half of the communities actions are a hindrance a lot of times.

I’m sorry but most of the posters I read on here are examples of the analogy I used.  Folks hearing a lot of noise and cheering as they march down the street in the middle of the protestors.  Thinking they are changing the world.  Most times they are just blocking traffic.

A big deal here,  is just a gnats fart in the corridors of power.  I’m just saying our self-congratulations are both premature and mis-directed.  I’ll leave it at that.

The point is that these cases are unpredictable, as are the judges.  If something pushes things another 15% towards Ripple's favour that is actually quite huge.   SEC have a record of winning, they are not a small adversary.  

Edited by Julian_Williams

There’s a massive difference between a proper petition via a medium such as change.org and throwing verbal feces via Twitter.  Properly organized and with a clear message such as this does have potential ramifications here as it discredits the SEC’s case.  Who exactly are they protecting?!? The reason why the SEC doesn’t have its own proponents applauding their efforts and every move is because they are protecting the top correspondent banks and legacy finance who haven’t yet maneuvered their way into strategic bets in blockchain and crypto.  In my opinion it’s rather clear the motivation behind all this.  

5 minutes ago, aavkk said:

There’s a massive difference between a proper petition via a medium such as change.org and throwing verbal feces via Twitter.  Properly organized and with a clear message such as this does have potential ramifications here as it discredits the SEC’s case.  Who exactly are they protecting?!? The reason why the SEC doesn’t have its own proponents applauding their efforts and every move is because they are protecting the top correspondent banks and legacy finance who haven’t yet maneuvered their way into strategic bets in blockchain and crypto.  In my opinion it’s rather clear the motivation behind all this.  

Arr you calling for Selkis & Co 🤣🤣🤣