Jump to content

Elon Musk says Tesla will stop accepting bitcoin for car purchases, citing environmental concerns


xrp_sea
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What if the narrative was that Musk pulled this stunt to shine the light on what the media and BTC Maxi's have been paying mainstream media not to talk about.  If you seriously think he did not know the environmental factors behind BTC prior to Tesla's previous announcement I have a bridge I can sell you.  This game is played like Chess not Checkers, "Environmentally friendly crypto is about to trend like a SOB!!! and who is at the top of that list.  If you didn't see this type of shift coming from Elon his plan obviously worked.  Nothing about Tesla says BTC!! Absolutely nothing!! When he made this move my question was "What's his angle here because this is surely a fake out move??"  I'm not going to say it's XRP hell it could be XLM, ADA or even DOGE but XRP burns less than even those I have mentioned here.  "Stay Tuned!!!"The pump of DOGE was to show you the power behind speculation and how at this time that is the main driver in the market, the shill of BTC was to get everybody's attention to watch be focused and dialed in, now we get down to use case and BTC just doesn't cut the mustard so we pivot to what was really the focus and draw all the attention we garnered with us. As we all know Musk despises the SEC, what a slap in the face this would be if he starts using XRP.  Remember XRP has yet to be classified as a security(I don't think it will be) but there is nothing stopping Musk or anyone else in the states from using it. Man if he did that this would really put the SEC on their heels!! DOGE does not have the liquidity nor the enterprise support to boot.  Elon may shill crap but he is serious about the business side of things.

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

So how is it energy efficient?

Algorithm is not the same.

And block size different (for now)

Anyway PoW will always be less energy efficient than PoS.

 

"Here’s the breakdown in kilowatt-hours consumed per transaction

XRP — 0.0079

Dogecoin — 0.12

Cardano — 0.5479

Litecoin — 18.522

Bitcoin Cash — 18.957

Ethereum — 62.56

Bitcoin — 707"

 

 

Edited by Wolfaolyth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wolfaolyth said:

Algorithm is not the same.

And block size different (for now)

Anyway PoW will always be less energy efficient than PoS.

 

"Here’s the breakdown in kilowatt-hours consumed per transaction

XRP — 0.0079

Dogecoin — 0.12

Cardano — 0.5479

Litecoin — 18.522

Bitcoin Cash — 18.957

Ethereum — 62.56

Bitcoin — 707"

 

 

Ok, so if the DOGE algorithm is a lot easier computationally than Bitcoin, doesn't that mean DOGE is also making a commensurate sacrifice on network security?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

What if the narrative was that Musk pulled this stunt to shine the light on what the media and BTC Maxi's have been paying mainstream media not to talk about.  If you seriously think he did not know the environmental factors behind BTC prior to Tesla's previous announcement I have a bridge I can sell you.  This game is played like Chess not Checkers, "Environmentally friendly crypto is about to trend like a SOB!!! and who is at the top of that list.  If you didn't see this type of shift coming from Elon his plan obviously worked.  Nothing about Tesla says BTC!! Absolutely nothing!! When he made this move my question was "What's his angle here because this is surely a fake out move??"  I'm not going to say it's XRP hell it could be XLM, ADA or even DOGE but XRP burns less than even those I have mentioned here.  "Stay Tuned!!!"

I can t wait to listen Maxi explaining how bitcoin is good for environment because it uses mainly renewable energy :rolleyes:

Those idiots are making a terrible mistake by assuming renewable energy = good for environment.

Renewable energy just means close to infinite.

Example :

Wind energy is a renewable energy but the big fan itself have a terrible carbon footprint / energy produced

Water dam use a renewable energy but it modifies the environment and you can't build a infinity on the same river

Solar energy, well, what about the enviromental impact to build them ? 

Etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

What if the narrative was that Musk pulled this stunt to shine the light on what the media and BTC Maxi's have been paying mainstream media not to talk about.  If you seriously think he did not know the environmental factors behind BTC prior to Tesla's previous announcement I have a bridge I can sell you.  This game is played like Chess not Checkers, "Environmentally friendly crypto is about to trend like a SOB!!! and who is at the top of that list.  If you didn't see this type of shift coming from Elon his plan obviously worked.  Nothing about Tesla says BTC!! Absolutely nothing!! When he made this move my question was "What's his angle here because this is surely a fake out move??"  I'm not going to say it's XRP hell it could be XLM, ADA or even DOGE but XRP burns less than even those I have mentioned here.  "Stay Tuned!!!"The pump of DOGE was to show you the power behind speculation and how at this time that is the main driver in the market, the shill of BTC was to get everybody's attention to watch be focused and dialed in, now we get down to use case and BTC just doesn't cut the mustard so we pivot to what was really the focus and draw all the attention we garnered with us. As we all know Musk despises the SEC, what a slap in the face this would be if he starts using XRP.  Remember XRP has yet to be classified as a security(I don't think it will be) but there is nothing stopping Musk or anyone else in the states from using it. Man if he did that this would really put the SEC on their heels!!

My thoughts exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wolfaolyth said:

I can t wait to listen Maxi explaining how bitcoin is good for environment because it uses mainly renewable energy :rolleyes:

Those idiots are making a terrible mistake by assuming renewable energy = good for environment.

Renewable energy just means close to infinite.

Example :

Wind energy is a renewable energy but the big fan itself have a terrible carbon footprint / energy produced

Water dam use a renewable energy but it modifies the environment and you can't build a infinity on the same river

Solar energy, well, what about the enviromental impact to build them ? 

Etc.

Pomp and the rest of the Maxi's are already tweeting nonsense in reply to this.  Pomp is even saying most of the BTC energy sources now are renewable and we all know that is BS!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

Ok, so if the DOGE algorithm is a lot easier computationally than Bitcoin, doesn't that mean DOGE is also making a commensurate sacrifice on network security?

Totally :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't already 51% attacked DOGE. You could make a killing at these prices.

The Devil is in the detail, remember Elon said he purchased DOGE for his son!!!  He see's DOGE as a toy a game per say. I will say I seriously doubt DOGE will be the chosen one to use for Tesla but he will still use it as an entertainment piece!

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RikkiTikki_is_Back said:

The Devil is in the detail, remember Elon said he purchased DOGE for his son!!!  He see's DOGE as a toy a game per say.

I wonder if Tesla already controls more than 51% of DOGE's mining.

And let's not forget that Musk just tweeted he was looking into "other cryptocurrencies" (plural) that are energy efficient. So it doesn't have to be just DOGE or just XRP.

I love how Musk expects us to believe he doesn't already know which cryptos are the most energy efficient. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, gamblin310 said:

I wonder if Tesla already controls more than 51% of DOGE's mining.

And let's not forget that Musk just tweeted he was looking into "other cryptocurrencies" (plural) that are energy efficient. So it doesn't have to be just DOGE or just XRP.

I love how Musk expects us to believe he doesn't already know which cryptos are the most energy efficient. 😂 😂 😂 😂

His entire existence is based on knowing the ends and out of energy efficiencies.  This also shows us BTC really doesn't have much to hang it's hat on other than being the first through the door!! It's like a 386SX computer in the crypto space. Maybe just showed my age there :)

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.