Will 1.5-1.7 be the 0.25 of Dec 2017

The price has been in the region of 1.5-1.7 for some time. Everytime when it passes 1.7, it drops in a short time. It will also move up soon it break 1.5. At the same time, many ALTs start to their way to new ATH. ETH does and its MC is closer and closer to half of BTC. BNB and Doge are shining. Now even LTC which was regarded by many people as an outdated project break its past ATH. However, XRP still couldn't break the 1.5-1.7 region. This is really similar as the second 2017 bullrun. Just before the bullrun, all alts moved up while XRP stayed at 0.25 watching its rank in MC  threatened and overplaced by one and another cryptos. Then a 12-15X bullrun happens.

I know assuming history repeats itself may be naive but the market is still being manipulated obviously. The market pattern seems to be very similar with the market in 2017. Do you think this is a yesterday once more?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/ XRP is in fourth place. Oh you mean CMC and their change of calculating without any announcement (like removing Korean Exchanges in 2017 or moving XRP out of the t

The price has been in the region of 1.5-1.7 for some time. Everytime when it passes 1.7, it drops in a short time. It will also move up soon it break 1.5. At the same time, many ALTs start to their wa

In my mind, only late November and early December belong to the 0.25 zone. After May, XRP once droped to 0.15. Even in October and early November, it often fell below 0.2 and stayed there. If I rememb

Posted (edited)

We stuck at $0.25 from May 2017 to early Dec 2017. It is interesting that we are also in May right now.

If history repeat itself, we all need to ask ourselves if we can have true diamond hands. Reason being that:

- BTC went from $1700 to $16000 during the same period

- ETH went from $300 to $800 during the same period

It all happens before XRP start moving..

Edited by jockeyng
5 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

We stuck at $0.25 from May 2017 to early Dec 2017. It is interesting that we are also in May right now.

If history repeat itself, we all need to ask ourselves if we can have true diamond hands. Reason being that:

- BTC went from $1700 to $16000 during the same period

- ETH went from $300 to $800 during the same period

It all happens before XRP start moving..

In my mind, only late November and early December belong to the 0.25 zone. After May, XRP once droped to 0.15. Even in October and early November, it often fell below 0.2 and stayed there. If I remembered correctly, it even fell to 0.18 and stayed there for several days in late October. That was a 28% drop from 0.25. In recent price, that is the price is staying in the 1.1x level for several days and often drop to 1.28-1.32 range and stayed there. The 1.5-1.7 will only be seen very occasionly.

Thus, it seems we are not in June, July, August, September, October. We are in November or early December. But I may be too optimistic.

Just now, lizshadehdg said:

What is different is that XRP has never dropped out of TOP 5 in MC in 2017. It’s very different this time.

There is no such a big usdt at that time. You do not need to consider USDT. And CMC played with the circulation. If we had the right circulation, we are still top5.

35 minutes ago, lizshadehdg said:

What is different is that XRP has never dropped out of TOP 5 in MC in 2017. It’s very different this time.

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/

XRP is in fourth place.

Oh you mean CMC and their change of calculating without any announcement (like removing Korean Exchanges in 2017 or moving XRP out of the top100 as an april 1st joke). They are very aware that people base their metrics on what CMC displays, and 'changing/manipulating' those metrics is not by mistake or joke. It is very intentional, hence why they will not respond to it.

They took out XRP in the hands of Ripple employees as if those don't exist and can not be sold on the market. They do however leave in 1 million BTC in Satoshi's untouched wallet or the ETH Vitalik has. Now why would that be? Could it be they like BTC and ETH more, or they just happen to profit from that more by undisclosed incentives?

I need to know why and how Ripple has made so many enemies in this space. It's just one thing after another thrown at them. So part of me believes they bring some of that on themselves, while the other part believes that competitors are in fact trying to slow them down.  

52 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

They took out XRP in the hands of Ripple employees as if those don't exist and can not be sold on the market. They do however leave in 1 million BTC in Satoshi's untouched wallet or the ETH Vitalik has. Now why would that be? Could it be they like BTC and ETH more, or they just happen to profit from that more by undisclosed incentives?

I didn't pay much attention to the rest of the top 100 on CMC, but I think I would have noticed if the market caps of every other token dropped by the amount held by founders/advisors/etc. Well, the world would have noticed in fact. So have they really updated their method? Or have they just targeted Ripple and XRP again?

1 hour ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

I need to know why and how Ripple has made so many enemies in this space. It's just one thing after another thrown at them. So part of me believes they bring some of that on themselves, while the other part believes that competitors are in fact trying to slow them down.  

This is a good question.

The amount of hate towards Ripple is astounding, there is only 1 similar player in the corporate America that I can think of. That is Microsoft. The IT world hate Microsoft after they dominated the whole operating system and office suite market, driving every competitors out of the market.  However, that only happens after Microsoft HAS become very successful, not before they have made their name to the world.

I always ask myself if Ripple/XRP can survive before they become very successful.

20 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

This is a good question.

The amount of hate towards Ripple is astounding, there is only 1 similar player in the corporate America that I can think of. That is Microsoft. The IT world hate Microsoft after they dominated the whole operating system and office suite market, driving every competitors out of the market.  However, that only happens after Microsoft HAS become very successful, not before they have made their name to the world.

I always ask myself if Ripple/XRP can survive before they become very successful.

It seems like too much to withstand honestly - the banks, the regulators, the endless FUD on social media. 

But they do continue to develop. They bring high powered executives in to keep building out the network and advising. And their own developers (well the two superstars at least) have been building something in secret more or less over the past few years that could possibly blow this all out of the water. 

It's a war that I can't fully understand, but it's super interesting. 

Would be great if someone with knowledge of google cache could figure this out. The change was done on may 6th to 7th. It is somewhat hidden as they can 'verify' supply at any moment they like (the little blue check behind 'Circulating Supply')

https://support.coinmarketcap.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043396252-Supply-Circulating-Total-Max-

This is their policy, 6 months old but - updated. Does not say when, so perhaps google cache can tell?

When going on CMC, looking at the chart and switching between 'price' and 'marketcap' in the top20 the chart stays exactly the same. Except for XRP that has a sudden drop of the blue (Marketcap) line on may 7th.

Below is their 'policy'.

Assets that are locked (via smart contracts or legal contracts), allocated to the team or private investors, or not able to be sold on the public market, cannot affect the price and thus should not be allowed to affect the market capitalization as well. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Private sale - Assets that were earmarked for a subset of investors and not available to the public through open bidding/balloting.

2. Ecosystem/Bounty/Marketing/Operations/Airdrops - Assets that have been earmarked for activities to grow the project’s ecosystem. For example, airdropped tokens are generally excluded from circulating supply unless the project is able to furnish evidence that there was active demand for the asset (e.g. users had registered/KYCed for the airdrop).  

3. Masternodes - Assets that have been ‘staked’ in masternodes are evaluated on a case-by-case basis - Factors such as masternode distribution, ownership, and lock-up periods are also taken into consideration.

4. Team/Foundation/Treasury/Escrow - Assets held by project members or major ecosystem participants. Such holdings can constitute a significant percentage of the supply.

The last one is interesting. As it leaves it very open to 'we choose whatever we like'.

XRP in Ripple founders hands: Excluded
BTC in Satoshi's wallet:  Included

Assets allocated to the team can not affect the price?

Hell, if they should exclude 'Major ecosystem participants' they should exclude the whole 1% holders who hold 95%+ of every asset. That's gonna make a small market....

9 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Would be great if someone with knowledge of google cache could figure this out. The change was done on may 6th to 7th. It is somewhat hidden as they can 'verify' supply at any moment they like (the little blue check behind 'Circulating Supply')

https://support.coinmarketcap.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043396252-Supply-Circulating-Total-Max-

This is their policy, 6 months old but - updated. Does not say when, so perhaps google cache can tell?

When going on CMC, looking at the chart and switching between 'price' and 'marketcap' in the top20 the chart stays exactly the same. Except for XRP that has a sudden drop of the blue (Marketcap) line on may 7th.

Below is their 'policy'.

The last one is interesting. As it leaves it very open to 'we choose whatever we like'.

XRP in Ripple founders hands: Excluded
BTC in Satoshi's wallet:  Included

Assets allocated to the team can not affect the price?

Hell, if they should exclude 'Major ecosystem participants' they should exclude the whole 1% holders who hold 95%+ of every asset. That's gonna make a small market....

This is why it has to be kept hell simple, omce asset had a tx that can prove existence of it, than its in circulation.

All other mechanics in T&Cs that are not updated or maintained, and not regulated, and not subject to fines and sanctions are just useless.

2 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

This is why it has to be kept hell simple, omce asset had a tx that can prove existence of it, than its in circulation.

All other mechanics in T&Cs that are not updated or maintained, and not regulated, and not subject to fines and sanctions are just useless.

So you are saying XRP should be calculated with 100bln XRP and therefor have a marketcap of 154bln making it #3? Let's make it so!