Jump to content

CMC invents “time machine”, takes XRP back 5 years


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

FA875CC4-4A43-4E54-8640-2A5CC1D138A3.thumb.png.1d3353d29f94c0ef073ce8f7d5f3137e.png
 

Hmm, I wonder why they don’t apply the same method for other coins such as BTC 🤔 Are we meant to believe there are no “private investors” for BTC in the planet?

The funnier part, to me, is that BTC was apparently born at ~$65.5.  Just how old are the people running CMC? :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can we go back to the 2017 bull run also....

CoinMarketCap, a popular price tracking website for crypto assets, has been reporting the wrong data for XRP since May 7th, slashing $17.5 billion from XRP’s Market Cap. https://www.xrparcade.com

2017 has two bullruns. The first one is a more than 40x bullrun while the second one is a more than 10x bullrun. Either one is quite good for us. 64 usd is excellent but 16 usd is also very decent.

5 hours ago, NightJanitor said:

The funnier part, to me, is that BTC was apparently born at ~$65.5.  Just how old are the people running CMC? :)

 

Yeah, I remember BTC was at 17 when my brother told me to buy it, and I shrugged it off as nahh, I’ll continue investing my money on tangible things. That at least got me curious and it was what led me to buy xrp later in 2017 while it hadn’t still mooned. 😬 Idk, I like using CMC just because I always have so I’m used to it and I’ve never used the metrics that aren’t price so I never noticed discrepancies here and there (except the one you mentioned about when BTC was “born” which, by the way, they’ve kept moving the goal post on and for all the other coins I’ve watched as well) It would also show ATH for some coin, but not another, etc. I just shrugged it off like I did that $17 BTC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeonidasH said:

I also got an email reply from CMC. I asked what their "original data source" was but I got no reply.


image.thumb.png.7bafe55ebb0d54805fffc870c6ae7f99.png
 

I wonder what their response would look like if you followed up that e-mail asking why BTC, ETH, and LTC have the same total supply as they do circulating supply. I mean, they do exclude any amount in a very large group of people’s wallets. I guess there are no BTC, ETH or LTC wallets labeled as private investor, marketing operations, treasury, ecosystem incentives, and team/advisors/contractors. Huh, a little weird. I guess this only applies to some currencies and not others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

I wonder what their response would look like if you followed up that e-mail asking why BTC, ETH, and LTC have the same total supply as they do circulating supply. I mean, they do exclude any amount in a very large group of people’s wallets. I guess there are no BTC, ETH or LTC wallets labeled as private investor, marketing operations, treasury, ecosystem incentives, and team/advisors/contractors. Huh, a little weird. I guess this only applies to some currencies and not others.

Often times, with inexperienced founders, it's necessary to take out the amateur who started the business as a hobby and replace them with someone professional who takes the job more seriously... and sometimes that inexperienced founder has to have a little push - parachute is optional, we'll see.

Get your shit together, CMC.  Please.

Edited by NightJanitor
Magic Word(s)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 8:55 PM, Live4xrp said:

Answer of CMC:

=====================================================================================

Good day,
 

The CMC team determines the Circulating Supply and Cryptoasset Rank based on our methodology.

 

1. Please understand that we have our own grading rubric to calculate circulating supply.

2. Kindly note that under our methodology, we would typically exclude the address balances of wallets that are labeled as private investors, marketing operations, treasury, ecosystem incentives, and team/advisors/contractors regardless of whether they are unlocked.

3. We may not take the figures from APIs/whitepapers/blog posts because we have our own calculation schematic which may differ from yours.

4. Circulating Supply is verified by our team through communication with the project’s team. We ask for details including but not limited to the initial distribution, private allocations, locked addresses, team-controlled addresses, and addresses containing portions of the supply allocated for future use.

5. We examine the project’s blockchain and distribution table to determine the best approximation of what is freely circulating in the market based on the information provided.


Sincerely,
CoinMarketCap

======================================================================================

Guess one is allways right with this kind of rationale!

How do we sue? Or build something for the SEC? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FineSir said:

How do we sue? Or build something for the SEC? 

Sue for what? They are entitled to use whatever metric they choose at the moment, regardless if we agree on it or it seems unfair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B088IN said:

regardless if we agree on it or it seems unfair. 

This has nothing to do with unfair. 

 

They are actively manipulate the market like coinmarketcap did before in 2018 2018 and 2019

But it's now in CZ hands and he removed many coins from their official rankings and moved his in-house BSC scam projects into the top 100 

 

80% is binance scams

 

Makes you think 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FineSir said:

This has nothing to do with unfair. 

 

They are actively manipulate the market like coinmarketcap did before in 2018 2018 and 2019

But it's now in CZ hands and he removed many coins from their official rankings and moved his in-house BSC scam projects into the top 100 

 

80% is binance scams

 

Makes you think 

Regardless, they’re just sharing information, even if it’s incorrect some times. They’re not telling anyone to take any action one way or another nor are they making any claims from which you could sue against. 

Edited by Neurotoxin
Punctuation
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

Regardless, they’re just sharing information, even if it’s incorrect some times. They’re not telling anyone to take any action one way or another nor are they making any claims from which you could sue against. 

SEC can be sued but we can't sue binance and cmc? Lol

Binance CZ is a Chinese communist party asset and we all know what interests they share

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FineSir said:

SEC can be sued but we can't sue binance and cmc?

You can, just not for the reason you suggested. I mean, technically, you could. You just wouldn’t get anywhere and it would have been a waste of money and even worse, time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.