Settlement on the horizon? See tweet

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I think many of us thought when this case first dropped that Ripple would want it over as soon as possible, because it would strangle Ripple and XRP. Well, it did a bit, but only in the US. XRP

Latest rumours on twitter doing the rounds. Personally I don't see Ripple settling unless there's a non-security status given to XRP.

The Chicago mob has been called, to help the SEC mob

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, NMNR said:

Personally I don't see Ripple settling unless there's a non-security status given to XRP.

The John Deaton case seems to be pushing this issue. I saw something where he was forcing the SEC to come after XRP holders for Securities violations, thus arguing XRP=Security...

but if they cant make the case, then they will have to fold (or whatever the right legal term is for quitting).

Edited by KarmaCoverage
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

The John Deaton case seems to be pushing this issue. I saw something where he was forcing the SEC to come after XRP holders for Securities violations, thus arguing XRP=Security...

but if they cant make the case, then they will have to fold (or whatever the right legal term is for quitting).

Unfortunately, the SEC are just as quick witted and are trying to convince the judge that the 12,000 or so participants as part of Deaton's defence shouldn't be allowed because of:

You see, if the "XRP Investors" win their motion to intervene, everyone who signed that petition will be a Defendant in a lawsuit brought by the SEC. Meaning: those people are literally being sued by the SEC and not seeking any relief or counterclaims against the SEC

Jesse heynes sums it up pretty well in a list of tweets:

Edited by NMNR
Posted (edited)

What would be the perentage of this going to the supreme court? That could be the most time consuming worst case scenario, something not many people discuss.

Edited by money_