SEC files further response seeking to bar Ripple from seeking internal SEC staff materials

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

US elites do not care about 'the country'. It is not a country, it is a financial empire, and they are plundering it as much as they can before it collapses. Ripple says 'we are Team USA!' and US elit

Ripple seem to have won the day with the judge siding with ripple against SEC. SEC have to show all these documents they have been trying to hide because they are relevant to the case  

Sounds like the SEC has nothing to hide... /s 

Posted (edited)

Ripple seem to have won the day with the judge siding with ripple against SEC. SEC have to show all these documents they have been trying to hide because they are relevant to the case

I am going to grant in large part the defendant's motion.  I think discovery related to Bitcoin and Ether is relevant.  I think it is relevant to the Court's eventual analysis with respect to the Howey factors...I also think it is relevant to the fair notice defence Ripple is raising

E0exZnKWUAYHKfJ?format=jpg&name=large

James K. Filan on Twitter: "Here is the relevant portion of the transcript of the hearing where Judge Netburn makes her ruling.  https://t.co/TUITrZUOJV" / Twitter

Edited by Julian_Williams
28 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

What if the SEC's enforcement actions come back to bite them in the a$$, lol

I hope it does and it will be a good day. As a person who has been on the receiving end of law enforcement corruption any win against corruption of those in power who willfully abuse that power is a good day. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

The only thing that scares me about this case is knowing how corrupt, powerful, and evil the US government is. They will do anything to win.

The three main culprits are out of SEC, Jon Deaton is looking at everything they do and relaying it all to the press, discovery will make the documents available to the defence who have a big team of lawyers to work on them, the judge is clearly not letting them pull a fast one and the the media are interested, Gensler was not involved, staging a cover up is the last thing he will want to get his hands dirty doing..   Pretty difficult circumstances to stage a cover up.

Edited by Julian_Williams
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

The only thing that scares me about this case is knowing how corrupt, powerful, and evil the US government is. They will do anything to win.

Yes, but a win over Ripple & XRP=a security... is a loss for USA influence over the global Monetary Infrastructure. 

It'd be like the SEC winning a pyrrhic victory for the whole country. On a battlefield that most of the people negatively impacted, dont even notice.

So the vast majority will not have agreed to let the SEC march off to battle, winning a puny domestic civil suit, and f$ck the whole country's geopolitical power.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Yes, but a win over Ripple & XRP=a security... is a loss for USA influence over the global Monetary Infrastructure. 

US elites do not care about 'the country'. It is not a country, it is a financial empire, and they are plundering it as much as they can before it collapses. Ripple says 'we are Team USA!' and US elites say 'great, we aren't.'

3 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

US elites do not care about 'the country'. It is not a country, it is a financial empire, and they are plundering it as much as they can before it collapses. Ripple says 'we are Team USA!' and US elites say 'great, we aren't.'

Sounds like you've read the book: "The creature from Jekyll Island" :) 

( what an eye opener that was, really changed my perspective on many things )

10 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Sounds like you've read the book: "The creature from Jekyll Island" :) 

( what an eye opener that was, really changed my perspective on many things )

I haven't but it looks interesting!

Sure SEC, the documents pertaining to BTC and ETH don’t exist. That’s why you spent the last two pre trial meetings specifically fighting the fact that you had to disclose them. If they didn’t exist why didn’t you just say that two months ago when ripple made the request in the first place? GTFO with this BS lol.

12 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I haven't but it looks interesting!

@JASCoder isn’t that author the guy who’s flat out insane? He’s am aids/hiv denier, thinks cancer is caused by a nutritional deficiency, and is a 9/11 truther. Not sure if he’s in he type of person who should be recommended here.