Don't Forget to Claim Your Spark from Flare!!!

13 minutes ago, Live4xrp said:

Hi All & @Flintstone @xrpscan @BillyOckham @brianwalden

Bit confused now....

Noob Question... How can I verify if, when I did follow Wietse Winds instructions successfully, in November 2020, that I wil receive the Flare tokens in the MEW wallet I did setup, according WW-instructions? At the time of snapshot, my XRP-40 XRP (reserve) were in XUMM wallet.

So (MEW) I have a Public address to receive funds (according WW-setup)

On XRPscan, I'm able to verify my claim of FLR (Reserve XRP), on gatehub....

Hope I'm clear enough...Please advice. Much appreciated!

If you have set the message key with the valid format ETH address and you have the associated secret key, you should be good to go.

You can double check that is set correctly by search for your XRP public account on XRPScan or Bithomp Explorer and look for the Flare validation.

1 hour ago, Flintstone said:

If you have set the message key with the valid format ETH address and you have the associated secret key, you should be good to go.

You can double check that is set correctly by search for your XRP public account on XRPScan or Bithomp Explorer and look for the Flare validation.

Thanks @Flintstone Much appreciated... Total claim amount of is appearring in XRP toolkit; in XRPscan, is message key not set...I assume that I'm OK now, now that I'm able to see total amount of Flares in XRP toolkit.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, grunish said:

A question I have: when you search for the accounts of different exchanges in xrpscan, you see the flare distribution. Most of the accounts show both a Flare address and an amount of Spark to claim. The accounts of Bitstamp only show an amount of Spark to claim, but no flare address "NOT REGISTERED". See images below.

What does that mean?

From the information available in public domain, exchanges will receive an allocation of Spark tokens directly from Flare Networks. Participating exchanges that have signed an agreement do not need to set their messageKey.

Posted (edited)

Long time XRPchat lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to ask - I've setup my XRP ledger account and ETH address to receive the Spark (FLR) tokens. I did this using the Xumm app by importing a paper wallet.

My question is - Now that i've used the Xumm app to get everything setup for the FLR token distribution, can I now remove the imported wallet from Xumm? I don't really want access to this wallet on my phone. Will the MessageKey and everything still be set ready for the Spark airdrop?

Edited by dcg1

1 hour ago, dcg1 said:

Long time XRPchat lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to ask - I've setup my XRP ledger account and ETH address to receive the Spark (FLR) tokens. I did this using the Xumm app by importing a paper wallet.

My question is - Now that i've used the Xumm app to get everything setup for the FLR token distribution, can I now remove the imported wallet from Xumm? I don't really want access to this wallet on my phone. Will the MessageKey and everything still be set ready for the Spark airdrop?

Yes. You can remove your wallet from XUMM and even delete the whole app. Your wallet and everything in it is on the ledger, XUMM is like the Facebook app on your phone. You can delete the app from your phone, but your account is still out there on Facebook's servers - you can sign into it from your laptop's web browser or your smart TV or whatever.

12 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Yes. You can remove your wallet from XUMM and even delete the whole app. Your wallet and everything in it is on the ledger, XUMM is like the Facebook app on your phone. You can delete the app from your phone, but your account is still out there on Facebook's servers - you can sign into it from your laptop's web browser or your smart TV or whatever.

Thanks for clearing that up @brianwalden! 😊

6 hours ago, Wietse said:

Haha, I guess that would make me Mark Zuckerberg? Help! Haha. I understand and somewhat like tha analogy, but the difference is that in case of Facebook the creator of the app is also the company having custody over your data. In our case it's a little bit different: we offer the app, but we have no user data whatsoever, we also cannot recover an account for users. The data is on the XRPL, the key is in possession of the user (or at least: it should be). We're just the "gateway", the user interface between the key owned by the user and the features & data on the XRPL. 

(For this reason we recently updated our docs at support.xumm.app, changing "XUMM account" into "XRPL account managed with XUMM")

Thanks for all the work you've done to make the claiming process easier. I used your spark claiming guide and it was very easy. Thanks for everything you do. 

4 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Thanks for all the work you've done to make the claiming process easier. I used your spark claiming guide and it was very easy. Thanks for everything you do. 

Hi @Seoulite do you know how I'll see my Spark, once they get distributed? I claimed them with my ledger nano s.

29 minutes ago, Nat99 said:

Hi @Seoulite do you know how I'll see my Spark, once they get distributed? I claimed them with my ledger nano s.

I claimed with a ledger too. I saw this video today which was talking about it. Rather frustratingly, it is not clear yet whether the nano itself will support Flare at launch. He starts talking about it at the 6:18 mark in the video below. If we can't use the nano direct, then there is a workaround using metamask. I'm not that happy about it, and I would hope Ledger get their crap together, but if we need to do a workaround we will go through it on the forum here so it's super clear and we make sure everyone is ok with it (ill need to check that i'm doing it right as well!)

11 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I claimed with a ledger too. I saw this video today which was talking about it. Rather frustratingly, it is not clear yet whether the nano itself will support Flare at launch. He starts talking about it at the 6:18 mark in the video below. If we can't use the nano direct, then there is a workaround using metamask. I'm not that happy about it, and I would hope Ledger get their crap together, but if we need to do a workaround we will go through it on the forum here so it's super clear and we make sure everyone is ok with it (ill need to check that i'm doing it right as well!)

Thanks. Yup, we'll figure it out altogether, I'm confident.

Cheers mate.

I can’t connect my ledger to xrptoolkit for the final step to claim my spark, I keep getting a message from chrome asking me to insert or touch my security key, never seen this message ever before and im having no issue with ledger live.

Help please.