Don't Forget to Claim Your Spark from Flare!!!

1 hour ago, RipplewJohn said:

I already did the Claim to Spark (FLR) Tokens last year via XRPToolKit. The snapshot already took place and all is set - but since then I have more XRP in my account and from what I hear, I have til June 11th, 2021 to make the claim. So can I simply update my Message key and "readjust" my XRP balance? Or is it too late now - once done that is it?

It's not clear from what you've said whether you claimed it not yet. All the December snapshot did was set the amount of FLR you are eligible to receive. If you want to receive it you must either claim it (if you were holding it in one of your own wallets), or have held it on a participating exchange (they will essentially claim it for you).

Nothing that you do with your XRP since December 12 changes the amount of FLR you can receive. It doesn't matter if you sell it all or buy an entire Ripple escrow wallet. It's either claim by June 11 and get the amount set by the December snapshot, or get nothing.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, brianwalden said:

It's not clear from what you've said whether you claimed it not yet. All the December snapshot did was set the amount of FLR you are eligible to receive. If you want to receive it you must either claim it (if you were holding it in one of your own wallets), or have held it on a participating exchange (they will essentially claim it for you).

Nothing that you do with your XRP since December 12 changes the amount of FLR you can receive. It doesn't matter if you sell it all or buy an entire Ripple escrow wallet. It's either claim by June 11 and get the amount set by the December snapshot, or get nothing.

The link for the claim page provided on page 1 of this thread isn't working for me. Can we actually claim our Spark yet?

Edit: by 'claim' do you mean physically getting hold of FLR, or just being eligible to get hold of FLR based on last year's snapshot? Cos I've already done the latter one months ago.

Edited by djdhrubs

11 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

The link for the claim page provided on page 1 of this thread isn't working for me. Can we actually claim our Spark yet?

Edit: by 'claim' do you mean physically getting hold of FLR, or just being eligible to get hold of FLR based on last year's snapshot? Cos I've already done the latter one months ago.

By claim I mean set the memo field for your wallet.

No one has received any FLR yet. The first round of the airdrop will be when the network launches in late June or July.

5 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

No one has received any FLR yet. The first round of the airdrop will be when the network launches in late June or July.

Cool. Thanks.

5 hours ago, brianwalden said:

sorry in not tech savvy , how secure is to claim the flare tokens on the ledger by claiming with the process of https://flare.wietse.com/ ? can the xrp tokens be at risk when you connect with xrp tool with ledger wallet and put the MessageKey field on the XRP ledger??

2 hours ago, kyo said:

sorry in not tech savvy , how secure is to claim the flare tokens on the ledger by claiming with the process of https://flare.wietse.com/ ? can the xrp tokens be at risk when you connect with xrp tool with ledger wallet and put the MessageKey field on the XRP ledger??

Wietse is the lead developer of XRPL Labs, maker of the XUMM wallet, the leading XRPL wallet app.

You can also use XRP Toolkit, that's made by Towo Labs who makes the software that Ledger wallets use for XRPL wallets.

53 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

Wietse is the lead developer of XRPL Labs, maker of the XUMM wallet, the leading XRPL wallet app.

You can also use XRP Toolkit, that's made by Towo Labs who makes the software that Ledger wallets use for XRPL wallets.

ok thanks , also do you know if this info gave by another memeber is correct ? 

If you have concerns, you could even move your xrp to a different address before setting the MessageKey field because your flare airdrop is based on the past balance in your XRP wallet at 12th December 2020.

2 hours ago, kyo said:

ok thanks , also do you know if this info gave by another memeber is correct ? 

If you have concerns, you could even move your xrp to a different address before setting the MessageKey field because your flare airdrop is based on the past balance in your XRP wallet at 12th December 2020.

Yes, it doesn't matter where the XRP is now, you just have to claim your FLR from the wallet where the XRP was on December 12.

A question I have: when you search for the accounts of different exchanges in xrpscan, you see the flare distribution. Most of the accounts show both a Flare address and an amount of Spark to claim. The accounts of Bitstamp only show an amount of Spark to claim, but no flare address "NOT REGISTERED". See images below.

What does that mean? 

Screenshot_20210526-093719.png

Screenshot_20210526-093639.png

50 minutes ago, grunish said:

A question I have: when you search for the accounts of different exchanges in xrpscan, you see the flare distribution. Most of the accounts show both a Flare address and an amount of Spark to claim. The accounts of Bitstamp only show an amount of Spark to claim, but no flare address "NOT REGISTERED". See images below.

What does that mean? 

Screenshot_20210526-093719.png

Screenshot_20210526-093639.png

Just guessing,  but the exchange isn’t ITSELF eligible.  Those Flare are the total of users allocations perhaps.

Admittedly it’s a bit odd,  but if the exchange is participating then I think it will work out.  Perhaps the exchange flare is done manually via liaison with the teams.

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Even if it’s wrong it will be made right.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:50 AM, Seoulite said:

Also you will be able to earn FLR from your XRP if you put them onto the Flare network.

Please forgive my ignorance- but how would I go about doing this? I’m not eligible for the airdrop, but would be willing to move from uphold to gain access to them?

4 minutes ago, Shmoe said:

Please forgive my ignorance- but how would I go about doing this? I’m not eligible for the airdrop, but would be willing to move from uphold to gain access to them?

We don’t know the exact process of this yet. When we find out I imagine there will be a great deal of discussion about it on this forum. Watch this space.

Hi All & @Flintstone @xrpscan @BillyOckham @brianwalden

Bit confused now....

Noob Question... How can I verify if, when I did follow Wietse Winds instructions successfully, in November 2020, that I wil receive the Flare tokens in the MEW wallet I did setup, according WW-instructions? At the time of snapshot, my XRP-40 XRP (reserve) were in XUMM wallet.

So (MEW) I have a Public address to receive funds (according WW-setup)

On XRPscan, I'm able to verify my claim of FLR (Reserve XRP), on gatehub....

Hope I'm clear enough...Please advice. Much appreciated!