Do you think FLR should be drop at once or as planned? Please make your voice heard.

20 minutes ago, r0bertz said:

If you see the poll result, you will see that nearly 60% prefer dropping all at once. Maybe they are misinformed, but Flare certainly didn't do a good job of informing people. Instead they are attacking those who have a different voice on twitter.

Some people will dump. "Most" is an exaggeration IMO. If most people dumps, then the incentives don't work. Might as well distribute all at once.

If locking up supply helps them, I would trade locking for 3 years for receiving 100% in the beginning, if there's a way. I don't have much, but better than nothing.

Of course most people want it all at once. A dollar today is always better than a dollar tomorrow. People are looking out for themselves, as they should. But what's best for people isn't necessarily what's best for Flare. Flare's job is to do what's best for Flare.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK let's clear a few things up. After the network goes live, there is no 'Flare'. There is Flare Ltd, the Flare Foundation, and the network itself. After the network goes live, the people you are

The rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t to be honest, and some find it quite irritating that others suggest the whole Flare project (which is not under US legal jurisdiction) should be changed just

In preparation for this, I spread my XRP into numerous XRPL accounts on Dec 10 ... each with a note pointing Spark deposits toward an equal number of new FLR accounts.   I kept 1 of the FLR secre

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, brianwalden said:

Of course most people want it all at once. A dollar today is always better than a dollar tomorrow. People are looking out for themselves, as they should. But what's best for people isn't necessarily what's best for Flare. Flare's job is to do what's best for Flare.

You seem to imply that FLR won't appreciate in value faster than inflation. Although not impossible, but I doubt it. I would expect it performs well than ETH and XRP since it's faster and less expensive to transact than ETH and there is no FLR-Jed. :D

People also want to avoid being targeted by IRS.

As I said, I would rather receive 100% and lock for 3 years. I think this is best for me and Flare. I bet I am not alone. Lets see:

As long as there's significant percentage (not necessarily majority) of people choose it, Flare might want to consider providing this option since this is a win-win situation. 

Edited by r0bertz
6 hours ago, r0bertz said:

People also want to avoid being targeted by IRS.

The rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t to be honest, and some find it quite irritating that others suggest the whole Flare project (which is not under US legal jurisdiction) should be changed just to suit a few whiny people in the USA. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

The rest of the world doesn't give a sh*t to be honest, and some find it quite irritating that others suggest the whole Flare project (which is not under US legal jurisdiction) should be changed just to suit a few whiny people in the USA. 

I bet you do give a shit if I give my share to you. Do you? That's how far I can go. I bought XRP in 2014. Go figure.

You sound super friendly BTW.

But your sense of numbers is not good TBH. Nearly half of potential recipient all over the world is not "a few" by any standard.

Edited by r0bertz
1 hour ago, r0bertz said:

But your sense of numbers is not good TBH. Nearly half of potential recipient all over the world is not "a few" by any standard.

Source please. I'll call bulshit right now, since these statistics don't exist.

I feel Flare should look into feasability of launching all tokens at zero with release schedule intact, but djees can you Americans cut down on the entitlement?   The world doesn't care about you.

BTW, I hear nothing about this: It's actually good for the network if FLR changes hands to an actual buyer from the get-go. 

Edited by Gepster
3 hours ago, Gepster said:

I feel Flare should look into feasability of launching all tokens at zero with release schedule intact, but djees can you Americans cut down on the entitlement?   The world doesn't care about you.

I love not having my taxes raised, especially if the money won't go to places that don't care about me.  Please provide the name of your country and we'll cancel all of your foreign aid, immediately - along with whatever it is that we might do for you, defense-wise.  Good luck learning Mandarin;  please settle up before you get taken to "camp."

2 minutes ago, PlanK said:

^  LOL.

Americans have no idea how the rest of the world works.

Here's a hint: Only in Hollywood does America save the rest of the world.

Please tell that to Hollywood;  they seem to be under the impression that the rest of the world is a ******** from which we have to open our borders to "save" everyone.

If things are going just swimmingly in rest of world, I think you good folks ought to let them know, so that they stop pestering their fellow Americans about "what to do."

4 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

I think you good folks ought to let them know, so that they stop pestering their fellow Americans about "what to do."

What to do is a good question, not just for Americans.

We already know what not to do, your last president was a walking, talking lesson on that.

21 minutes ago, PlanK said:

What to do is a good question, not just for Americans.

We already know what not to do, your last president was a walking, talking lesson on that.

Yes, there seems to be a large contingent of people who would rather a good sounding lie - even if it leads to awful outcomes for self and other.  (Pride, I believe it's called.)

We used to call such people "children" - actually, many of us still do, behind their backs, in the checkout lines, when they ask why food or gasoline have gotten "expensive."

5 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Yes, there seems to be a large contingent of people who would rather a good sounding lie - even if it leads to awful outcomes for self and other.  (Pride, I believe it's called.)

We used to call such people "children" - actually, many of us still do, behind their backs, in the checkout lines, when they ask why food or gasoline have gotten "expensive."

So true and unfortunately the "children are in charge"

Posted (edited)

I can't imagine how xrpchat.com becomes such a toxic place.

Why so much hate for America? 

Americans invented Internet, C language, Unix, Windows, x86 CPU, PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iOS. Americans now own ARM (Nvidia just bought it). Without America, you wouldn't be able to talk to me like this.

I simply asked people to express their opinion.

I am willing to lock my FLR in exchange for drop 100% in the beginning. I am willing to work for Flare for free to get this done, not just for me, for everyone who wants this.

If anyone doesn't like this, stay the fcuk away and shut the fcuk up. You are not welcome in this thread. I don't care about your feeling.

Edited by r0bertz
13 minutes ago, r0bertz said:

Americans invented Internet, C language, Unix, Windows, x86 CPU, PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, iOS. Americans now own ARM (Nvidia just bought it). Without America, you wouldn't be able to talk to me like this.

And without the Brits we wouldn't have computers to start with, or flush toilets.  Without the Germans we wouldn't have engines.  Without the Mesopotamians we wouldn't have beer.  Why does no one remember the Mesopotamians and their most majestic contribution to world culture and technology??? It's a silly argument because these technologies are often developed all over the globe it's just the ones who produce and market it successfully that get the credit.  By the same token I could say without America the Middle East would have peace, the world financial system would be corruption-free and schools would be a place to learn science and maths instead of religion and how to dodge bullets.  <-  See how silly that was?

27 minutes ago, r0bertz said:

There's no hate for America, only for American fools who think an American problem is a worldwide problem.  You only need to take a look at how Ripple and Crypto is succeeding around the world to see that the FLR airdrop problem is an American problem.

1 hour ago, r0bertz said:

I can't imagine how xrpchat.com becomes such a toxic place.

USA was raised on forcing black people to work for white people, and killing natives and taking their land. I think this is called slavery and genocide. Do I need to go into the details what they did in lybia, syria, afganistan, iraq? So yea, people dont really have symphaty. Nothing personal.

Anyway, why did you sign up for an airdrop if you knew it would cause you problem with taxation?