Jump to content

I cannot access XRP from old Ripple wallet file from 2018, I need help


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

gee, I guess that's why the .exe didn't work  :crazy:

I didn't try or receive any exe file..
The above git repo contains node js code that tried to decrypt the secret key from the wallet.txt file .

 

I have also a windows computer, i can try running the exe later today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you @RobertHarpool! The program worked for me and i am able to access the coins   I really appreciate your help on this!!!

1. The original Ripplex wallet is perfectly safe, however is no longer maintained so unless you read through all the github code yourself and build it from source I wouldn't use it.  2. DO NOT ac

I still use the Rippex version of their desktop wallet till this day. I have the .exe for Windows if your interested, let me know. If you still have the wallet.dat file and your pw for that

On 4/18/2021 at 4:55 AM, retryW said:

1. The original Ripplex wallet is perfectly safe, however is no longer maintained so unless you read through all the github code yourself and build it from source I wouldn't use it. 

2. DO NOT accept a copy of the old binary (exe) from another person. That is a sure fire way to lose your funds. I also have a copy of the original software but would never suggest anyone uses my copy. 

3. Do you have the secret/private/backup key written down anywhere (like the old wallet told you to do on creation)? It should start with a lower case s like  sXXXXXXXXXXX.  If so you can use that secret key to access the wallet in any trustworthy wallet software. I suggest XUMM on Android and iOS. 

I tried putting that key to XUMM, but it didn't work. Could you help me out here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gautib139 said:

Can any of you guys help me out here? I've got my secret key and ripple address, how can I recover the xrp?

20170713_014325~2.jpg

The simplest way is to download the XUMM mobile wallet app. You can use your secret key to import your wallet and then you'll have full access to your XRP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gautib139 said:

I tried putting that key to XUMM, but it didn't work. Could you help me out here?

When you tried to import into XUMM did you choose "Import an existing account", and then "Full Access" and then "Family seed"? 

If you choose read only or any other option it won't accept your private key. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, retryW said:

When you tried to import into XUMM did you choose "Import an existing account", and then "Full Access" and then "Family seed"? 

If you choose read only or any other option it won't accept your private key. 

Oh sorry, I didn't see the previous comment that XUMM didn't work. If the steps @retryW don't work for some reason, you can try the SOLO wallet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RobertHarpool said:

@lb92 Send me your email and I'll share it with you via my Drop Box.

Numerous people have successfully used it over the couple weeks (see other forum threads). It seems to have worked for every one of them. 

 

 

That would be really great!

Thank you @RobertHarpool, i have sent you a message with my email.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone,

I am also facing the same kind of a problem. I had kept my XRP in Rippex Wallet years back. Currently I have the wallet file as well as the secret codes. Also I am able to view my wallet in XUMM but in read only mode. I now want to transfer those XRP to Binance or any other exchange so that I can withdraw them.

Can someone please help me with this ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, omkars said:

Hello Everyone,

I am also facing the same kind of a problem. I had kept my XRP in Rippex Wallet years back. Currently I have the wallet file as well as the secret codes. Also I am able to view my wallet in XUMM but in read only mode. I now want to transfer those XRP to Binance or any other exchange so that I can withdraw them.

Can someone please help me with this ?

Do you have the secret key that starts with 's' or a recovery phrase (a bunch of words in order)? If you have either of those, go into your settings for your wallet and select "Access level". You'll be able to enter your secret to get full access.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, RobertHarpool said:

@omkars if Brian's advice works, then ... cool :-) 

If u need a copy of RippEx, send me a message with your email address, and I'll share it with you via DropBox. 

Since I am a new user I am unable to message people.  I am assuming this is only temporary but as other have stated.  I have my wallet file and password.  I have no idea how to build the project from github.  Of course I would be doing this on an old disconnected laptop out of an abundance of caution. Windows.

Please help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.