I was going to ask what is possible, but I know somebody would say that "anything is possible". So, let's talk probability. What is the max value (in USD) XRP is likely to ever go?  Somebody smart please do some real maths and spit out a logical response.

I was talking to a friend of mine, and told him (lied to him) that XRP could pull a BTC and shoot up to $1000. I'm curious as to what the actual real-world limitations would be on value. $10, $100, could it ever even see $1? I know there is a lot of money floating around the world, but what would be the market cap on, say, a $20/XRP?

Also, just for s&g's, how high do you actually see XRP value going. No smart maths required!

I'd love to see anything over $1. In my part of the USofA, I could build a decent house and pay off all my bills with the XRP I'm holding @ $1. $10 and I'm in mansion territory! hahaha

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it all depends on how much XRP get distributed.   Assuming the market goes crazy and hits peak b

I foresee the price having some swings fueled by speculation in the short term, possible a max high of $0.02. But over the long term, at least by the time all xrp are released on the network? I see th

I'm not so sure XRP will be the bridge of choice for banks. I was merely responding to the statement that the primary use of XRP is transaction fees. I fully expect that central banks will bridge all

Posted Images

Well, there's aprox 100B XRP out there.

So $20 XRP = $2,000,000,000,000 (2 Trillion) Market Cap

$1000 XRP = $100,000,000,000,000 (100 Trillion) Market Cap

World GDP $75 Trillion

Estimates of Derivatives Market as high as $1.2 Quadrillion

I guess it depends on how this all plays out.  Honestly, I'd be thrilled with dollar parity.

Edited by Phintech
Added video clip
49 minutes ago, Phintech said:

100Bln total, but only 1/3* available to the public. I know that doesn't change the total value, but it does change the supply side.  Would that have any affect on individual value? I understand that question can only really be answered with someone's opinion of what they perceive the value of 1 XRP to be, but if we only have access to 1/3* of the pool, does it really matter what the total value is? Do I make any sense?  Am I stupid? Please don't hate me!

If all the trading takes place in 1/3* of the volume, and the other 2/3* is just being sat on by the devs or whatever, wouldn't the value be determined by the 1/3*? Obviously you have to say it's the total value because they could attempt to sell at any time, but initially could we see ridiculous individual values based on the uncertainty of when the other 2/3* will come into play?

*I don't know the actual ratio

Edited by GreyAndroidGravy

I'd love to see anything over $1. In my part of the USofA, I could build a decent house and pay off all my bills with the XRP I'm holding @ $1. $10 and I'm in mansion territory! hahaha

You better find a good job which pays you a good wage to cover a decent house. Because when XRP, which you are holding now, will continue to dive into crap, you will not be able to pay your bills. Your wife (if you have one) will break with you. You'll never find a girlfriend ever again, because girlfriends like guys with credit cards, which you will never be able to afford. You will start to drink alcohol, because it is cheap in USofA, and you'll get kicked out of every job you try. hahaha

18 minutes ago, yvv said:

You better find a good job which pays you a good wage to cover a decent house. Because when XRP, which you are holding now, will continue to dive into crap, you will not be able to pay your bills. Your wife (if you have one) will break with you. You'll never find a girlfriend ever again, because girlfriends like guys with credit cards, which you will never be able to afford. You will start to drink alcohol, because it is cheap in USofA, and you'll get kicked out of every job you try. hahaha

Unlike the employees of Ripple, I don't get paid in XRP.  My future (and that of my child and SO) is not dependent on XRP's success. Having said that, I do enjoy the cheap booze here in America!

10 minutes ago, GreyAndroidGravy said:

Unlike the employees of Ripple, I don't get paid in XRP.  My future (and that of my child and SO) is not dependent on XRP's success. Having said that, I do enjoy the cheap booze here in America!

Good!!! :25:

Edited by yvv
54 minutes ago, yvv said:

Did Hurukan bite your neck?

6 hours ago, GreyAndroidGravy said:

I was going to ask what is possible, but I know somebody would say that "anything is possible". So, let's talk probability. What is the max value (in USD) XRP is likely to ever go?  Somebody smart please do some real maths and spit out a logical response.

I was talking to a friend of mine, and told him (lied to him) that XRP could pull a BTC and shoot up to $1000. I'm curious as to what the actual real-world limitations would be on value. $10, $100, could it ever even see $1? I know there is a lot of money floating around the world, but what would be the market cap on, say, a $20/XRP?

Also, just for s&g's, how high do you actually see XRP value going. No smart maths required!

I think it all depends on how much XRP get distributed.

Assuming the market goes crazy and hits peak bitcoin levels ($15 billion) TODAY:

$0.45 (33 billion XRP on the market)

Assuming the market goes crazy and hits peak bitcoin levels ($15 billion) after all XRP distributed:

$0.15 (100 billion XRP on the market)

Assuming the total market cap of $400b one day (similar size to other large markets):

$4 (100 billion XRP on the market)

or if somehow it happened today (impossible I know):

$12 (33 billion XRP distributed)

So realistically for me $0.01 to $0.15. If some magic happened then $0.15 to $0.45. And in my dreams (highly unlikely) $0.45 to $4.

Edited by karlos
3 hours ago, karlos said:

Assuming the market goes crazy and hits peak bitcoin levels ($15 billion) after all XRP distributed:

$0.15 (100 billion XRP on the market)

[..]

So realistically for me $0.01 to $0.15. If some magic happened then $0.15 to $0.45. And in my dreams (highly unlikely) $0.45 to $4.

I feel like that's about right. I doubt we'll ever see much over $1 no matter what happens. Not in the next few years anyway. I feel comfortable with around $0.25 in 2018 provided banks come online and supply/demand is steady, maybe rising from there afterwards. Otherwise next year we won't see beyond 0.009 but for short spikes/pumps.

3 hours ago, rippledigital said:

I feel like that's about right. I doubt we'll ever see much over $1 no matter what happens. Not in the next few years anyway. I feel comfortable with around $0.25 in 2018 provided banks come online and supply/demand is steady, maybe rising from there afterwards. Otherwise next year we won't see beyond 0.009 but for short spikes/pumps.

I agree, most price forecasting is assuming the price is linked to speculation and investment. Even the figures thrown out on total market caps and bitcoin prices comparison are simple justifications for speculation.

Don't get me wrong- I hope for a price surge and I personally hold xrp for speculation purposes, but if the use case for ripple (in particular the forex markets) pans out the major use would be transaction costs. In this scenario nobody will pay $$ for a transactions, the idea is to lower costs and the working price will never raise above a few cents or even fraction of a cent. The big difference would be in volume.