Help can't access old ripple desktop wallet

I bought some ripple some years back and never touched or even looked at them. I even changed laptop once in the period. 
I only realised today ( as I have literally been living under a rock) that the old desktop wallet is no longer supported or working.  When I click on the file it is just a bunch of long numbers.
What can I do?  Can I access the ripple wallet anyway or is all hope lost?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@rayray of course ... There are actually 2 for OS X  ... The Ripple Admin Console & the Ripple Desktop Wallet.  I've got an abandoned Drop Box account I can put 'em ... and then share them to

@RobertHarpool Absolute legend. I managed to get my ripple back. I do not know how to thank you enough, you are a ripple guru. We bow before you. 

Thank you both RobertHarpool and brianwalden!   I was able to use the XUMM app and my key to import. I had tried another app that was recommended but it didn't work correctly as it was view

1 hour ago, rayray said:

I bought some ripple some years back and never touched or even looked at them. I even changed laptop once in the period. 
I only realised today ( as I have literally been living under a rock) that the old desktop wallet is no longer supported or working.  When I click on the file it is just a bunch of long numbers.
What can I do?  Can I access the ripple wallet anyway or is all hope lost?

Do you have a file named something like wallet.txt? And can you remember the associated password?

On 4/14/2021 at 1:44 AM, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Do you have a file named something like wallet.txt? And can you remember the associated password?

Sorry yes I do have the filename.txt and I am sure I remember the password or if not my Mac remembers it. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, rayray said:

Sorry yes I do have the filename.txt and I am sure I remember the password or if not my Mac remembers it. Thanks. 

I don't have the Mac version of the Ripple desktop client, unfortunately. @RobertHarpool has it. You could ask him nicely for the install file.

Edited by PunishmentOfLuxury

@rayray of course ... There are actually 2 for OS X  ... The Ripple Admin Console & the Ripple Desktop Wallet. 

I've got an abandoned Drop Box account I can put 'em ... and then share them to your email address. Send me a message with your email and we'll go from there. 

..or..

If you've got a better idea how I can get it (them) to you, let me know. I'm easy.

The Admin Console is 96.5MB and the Wallet is 98MB. Both will open the file ... the Admin Console has some additional abilities, but I've never used them (the extra abilities).  

Even though they creak and groan, I still use 'em periodically.

Moving to the the XUMM app asap would be your wisest course of action. 

Edited by RobertHarpool

I believe I need this assistance as well however I do not have a MAC.  I do see "The Ripple Admin Console & the Ripple Desktop Wallet."

Like the member before, I totally forgot that I purchased XRP almost 5 years ago.  Now I am completely baffled.  How do I obtain my XRP off of my desktop?  I have is the transaction identification which is extremely long and starts with eyJ.  Back then secret keys were not provided only the use of a password was necessary.  Any thoughts on how to take what I know - my password and transaction identification to locate my XRP purchase hidden, if you will, on my personal computer.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat but with Windows. I have my wallet file and information such as keys but can't find a desktop application to open it. Anyone happen to have an idea! Thanks in advance.

@TWDesigns ... Like Brian was getting at, if u have ur secret key, then ur golden ... it's just about time and guidance. XUMM is the best direction for you. 

If u used the old RippEx program ... and that's the 'wallet file' ur referring to ... just send me ur email address and I'll share a copy of the Windows version with u ... 

Mind u ... all I have is a copy of it. Zero knowledge of the Window OS tho ... 

(U will, of course, need to know the password to your 'wallet file' once it's installed)