XRP Hacking is happening with some bug in XRP (?)

Recently, I have noticed a strange account,

It is collecting XRP tokens from many users

https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3XGwhMrnfWf72vm3Yh5H23PiLoDKxcXc

The original owner clams, the transaction has not made by him/herself.

and, Hacking suspected.

If see the transaction amount, that is very strange also

Because all tokens are transferred into this account, and remaining XRP is 19.999988 (20XRP - 12 drop for TX fee).

Need to be confirmed.

Edited by mkimid
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both Droplet and Toast Plus appear to be scams, which probably steal secret keys and funds. Stay away from them. If possible, report them to Apple so that they can maybe be removed from the app store.

The account you list is receiving XRP from several wallets, but those transactions look legit and the couple I spot-chceked carry valid signatures. There's no bug, as far as I can tell.

That link looks suspicious. But I've never used Toast online so not 100% sure. Can anybody else vouch for the authenticity of that site? Reasons it looks suspicious: Toast is discontinued,

3 minutes ago, seanymar189 said:

I just sent added 2 old wallets to toast plus in the past 24 hours and both my accounts have been hacked from the same address.r3XGwhMrnfWf72vm3Yh5H23PiLoDKxcXc

As soon as you add the accounts the balance is transferred and gone. I thought I had gone mad so i tried with another wallet and it did the same again.

Can anyone suggest anything? I am so pissed off.

what is toast plus? 

6 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

There have been a lot of posts in the last year or so about how Toast Plus is a scam "wallet";  I have no idea if that's true, but I do remember reading it, quite a lot.

YES I can confirm. Do not use.

3 hours ago, mkimid said:

and, Hacking suspected.

Because all tokens are transferred into this account, and remaining XRP is 19.999988 (20XRP - 12 drop for TX fee).

Need to be confirmed.

This just happened to me twice. I am so pissed off. Its about £800 worth.

3 hours ago, mkimid said:

and, Hacking suspected.

Need to be confirmed.

How do you know the owner of the coin? This is crazy and complete robbery. I need to get my coins back .

2 hours ago, seanymar189 said:

I just sent added 2 old wallets to toast plus in the past 24 hours and both my accounts have been hacked from the same address.r3XGwhMrnfWf72vm3Yh5H23PiLoDKxcXc

As soon as you add the accounts the balance is transferred and gone. I thought I had gone mad so i tried with another wallet and it did the same again.

Can anyone suggest anything? I am so pissed off.

@nikb?

Maybe Ripple can spread the word about that Toast Plus scam wallet - as Brad was fighting the YouTube scammers.

Edited by panmores

Both Droplet and Toast Plus appear to be scams, which probably steal secret keys and funds. Stay away from them. If possible, report them to Apple so that they can maybe be removed from the app store.

5 hours ago, panmores said:

@nikb?

Maybe Ripple can spread the word about that Toast Plus scam wallet - as Brad was fighting the YouTube scammers.

I'll pass this on internally and see if there's anything Ripple can do to highlight this, but honestly I don't know if it would help.

Terrible to hear mate.

I heavily suggest thorough research before using any wallet for any crypto. All someone needs is you to enter your private key into a fake wallet and all your funds are theirs.

XUMM is a great wallet, but again DYOR.

Hello all,

I searched for this account online: r3XGwhMrnfWf72vm3Yh5H23PiLoDKxcXc and it brought me here.

The reason for my search is that I believe my XRP was stolen and received by this account when I accessed my Toast Wallet account today (browser link: https://toastwallet.app/)

Here is what happened step by step:

1. Went on the aforementioned link 

2. Accessed the browser version: https://toastwallet.app/browser/

3. Used my stored backup to restore my account

4. Went to send money (bottom middle icon of a paper plane)

5. Entered transaction details and amount of 1 XRP (for trial) 

6. Entered passphrase incorrectly for 2-3 times because I had forgotten (accessing after a long time) but finally got it right

This is where it happened: 

7. Got an error message saying that my transaction cannot be completed due to a server overload

8. When I refreshed and went back to the home page I had a remaining balance of 20 XRP

9. I was confused by this so I re logged into my account

10. It still showed 20 XRP 

11. I checked the transaction history and saw that all my remainder XRP had been transferred to r3XGwhMrnfWf72vm3Yh5H23PiLoDKxcXc

12. This recepient account was not the one I had typed in on step 5

13. This is the transaction hash: 77CD2F661BD2C2E56DC3DA7FD0FBD8F1232A071822DCCEC3673779C4261F9909

I strongly believe that Toast Wallet is compromised. A reddit post also mentions the same thing happening to them: https://www.reddit.com/r/ToastWallet/comments/mr5rgn/my_xrp_is_gone/gupatmf/?context=3