Jump to content

The XRP 4 year cycle ....


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, kanaas said:

not betting on the SEC

@Pablomade a bit of a sobering comment on that one

 

There is so much at stake here it's actually mind-bending:

  • I don't see how the SEC can afford to lose this case. If they do lose because they interpreted the act incorrectly, they are facing a tsunami of lawsuits as wronged investors and ICOs pursue the SEC for abusing their authority.
  • If that happens, the SEC may have to respond by categorising a whole range of tokens as securities. The Tetragon decision handed down in Delaware actually establishes some guidance as to how the SEC could formalise this in a manner that would be recognised by the courts as final:

 

It's quite something to see the market seemingly pricing in the case to be a non-issue, however, assuming Pablo's points above are correct, should the market's forward looking assessment turn out to be correct, things can't but have a severe impact on the SEC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MQB said:

All y'all old timers came out of your cage all in a sudden?

:crazy:

we sure did. never mind the new user names. some of us have been around for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moonraker said:

It's been a long, emotional last few years for me in this crypto space.

Having jumped in and spent a considerable amount of money buying XRP at the top, the best advice I took was to keep buying to lower my average buy in price which I've been doing for the past few years now.

2020 was a particularly difficult year having lost my father to Covid. It's been a massively emotional and devastating time for the whole family and easily the toughest time of my life.

Trying to take my mind off things led me to a 1 hour stint on my PC where I just decided for some unknown reason to just throw some money at some alt coins. Bearing in mind that XRP was my only holdings up until then and considering the amount of money I was still down, I still don't know what made me buy these alts but they've all done really well for me and I've made a handsome profit.

In a way, the SEC case has been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Ideally I should have sold when the SEC news hit and then re-bought. But I did triple my holdings when the price came down by buying more.

Looking at my portfolio earlier today got me quite emotional and I'm glad I stuck with it, even through the toughest of times. And I'd like to thank you all for putting up with my tantrums over the past few years.

Being a father of a 5 and 8 year old, the profits made will go towards trying to secure a future for my kids.

I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Deepest condolences for your loss. Stay strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Moonraker said:

It's been a long, emotional last few years for me in this crypto space.

Having jumped in and spent a considerable amount of money buying XRP at the top, the best advice I took was to keep buying to lower my average buy in price which I've been doing for the past few years now.

2020 was a particularly difficult year having lost my father to Covid. It's been a massively emotional and devastating time for the whole family and easily the toughest time of my life.

Trying to take my mind off things led me to a 1 hour stint on my PC where I just decided for some unknown reason to just throw some money at some alt coins. Bearing in mind that XRP was my only holdings up until then and considering the amount of money I was still down, I still don't know what made me buy these alts but they've all done really well for me and I've made a handsome profit.

In a way, the SEC case has been a bit of a blessing in disguise. Ideally I should have sold when the SEC news hit and then re-bought. But I did triple my holdings when the price came down by buying more.

Looking at my portfolio earlier today got me quite emotional and I'm glad I stuck with it, even through the toughest of times. And I'd like to thank you all for putting up with my tantrums over the past few years.

Being a father of a 5 and 8 year old, the profits made will go towards trying to secure a future 

I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ve always lived by the adage that you treat everyone well as you have no idea what battles they are fighting which you know nothing about.  I’m so sorry to hear about your fathers loss.  At the same time it’s really encouraging to hear how excited you are for your children’s future.  My children are very close in age to yours and I feel the same.  Ray Dalio says that Growth often comes through pain plus reflection and you seem to be smart enough to learn from past experiences which is great to see.  That experience you’ll pass along to your kids will be worth more than XRP at $24 later this year.  Good luck to you and hold on to that FLR!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MQB said:

All y'all old timers came out of your cage all in a sudden?

:crazy:

yep thats true! 

- price rises, boast in the forums. 

- price gets lower, ignore crypto and do nothing

best tactics of mine :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, btcxrp2013 said:

yep thats true! 

- price rises, boast in the forums. 

- price gets lower, ignore crypto and do nothing

best tactics of mine :)

 

Well I am twitchy now, going to sell and bank the profits. Then buy back after the crash.

I think the USD Treasury rate will kill BTC soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.