Forbes - In the Ripple case the SEC is now on trial and knows it

This case keeps getting better and better. There has been many yellow flags so far, based on how unorthodox the SEC filed this case and unprepared they were.  It will be entertaining to see what internal communications the SEC has on this topic.  All it will take is one mess up on a SEC's side on their internal communications, for it to be game over.

Based on how the SEC has been struggling and contradicting on publicly shared communications, I can only imagine how bad their internal communications are.

Edited by wogojump

10 minutes ago, wogojump said:

This case keeps getting better and better. There has been many yellow flags so far, based on how unorthodox the SEC filed this case and unprepared they were.  It will be entertaining to see what internal communications the SEC has on this topic.  All it will take is one mess up on a SEC's side on their internal communications, for it to be game over.

Based on how the SEC has been struggling and contradicting on publicly shared communications, I can only imagine how bad their internal communications are.

Just to clarify - the SEC does NOT have to reveal internal to internal communications such as discussions. Internal position statements, policy summaries, etc., ARE to be handed over to RL's lawyers.

What IS in scope, are internal / external communications.

19 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Just to clarify - the SEC does NOT have to reveal internal to internal communications such as discussions. Internal position statements, policy summaries, etc., ARE to be handed over to RL's lawyers.

Watch Jeremy Hogan's video

Oh ho ho, now Forbes is writing about it? Social media campaign activated, yet not even months ago all they could produce is FUD.

I want Clayton and Hinman's emails between the Ethereum Foundation, and all the quid pro quo hook ups they were getting; Hinman only got an easy $1,000,000 from the Ethereum Foundation for looking the other way.  For God's sake, D.A.I. has played 10x the clip of Vitalik on tape saying they're fundraising for Ethereum. If that's not a security offering, NOTHING is. Submit that evidence to the courts.

Apollo Group hiring Clayton immediately after leaving the SEC; revolving door, back-scratching politics at its finest. Probably nothing will happen to Clayton but karma is a BTCh.

Ethereum miners price-gouging its userbase, pay-to-play from the Ethereum Foundation, any respect I had for Ethereum went out the window.

I hope Flare Networks, Cardano, Ziliqa collectively crush ETH.

1 hour ago, VanHasen said:

Already said it before and I know for some of you its too bullish to speak it out loud but with this mess produced by the SEC the chances for XRP probably being the only coin with actual clarity are very well increasing. 

We have now the SEC stating on court that they never officially determined ETH and BTC being a Non-security but on the other hand XRP potentially could get a court ruling in its favour. 

If this is to happen what will the big money (hedgefunds etc) which are allegedly buying btc in this run choose then? 

A ruling in XRP's favour combined with more shady sec-btc-eth connections coming to light and the ongoing climate debate in regards to POW energy consumption while xrp is leading the "green blockchain movement" could turn the tides massively and lead to a wealth transfer from POW coins to XRP - what I m saying is that if there is a real chance for XRP to maybe throw btc off nr 1 in the next 1-2 years it could be thanks to this case. 

And even the chances for this to happen may still be very low and the case could still last many months, the speculation on something like this could come way before a ruling/settlement thanks to reports like its done by forbes. 

This is what I'm talking about. 

2 hours ago, JASCoder said:

I had to look up specific examples, to get a better idea.  Internal staff to staff emails on not shareable, but any thing more formal like minutes and memos are shareable. 

https://forkast.news/xrp-ripple-wins-access-sec-documents-bitcoin-ether/

Netburn ruled that SEC minutes and memos “expressing the agency’s interpretation or views” on crypto are likely discoverable, according to Law360. However, internal staff emails will not need to be produced.

This isn't quite as bad for SEC, but I would still bet they messed up somewhere on these.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:46 AM, VanHasen said:

It seems jay clayton has already been in the spotlight for giving a pass on regulating some of his "wallstreet-friends" 

(as he did with eth-btc friends?) 

She has him backed in a corner and he’s raising his hand involuntarily to let out some of the stress trying to figure out what to say. I’m loving this.