Stellar network down

19 hours ago, tulo said:

https://status.stellar.org/

The network is down since 8 hours. Anyone with more news?

Actually it seems only related to SDF validators and they say the network is up, but all the major exchanges can't process transactions on-chain.

Stellar foundation nodes stopped validating. While they pretend to be decentralized it seems not be the case as all exchanges only listened to those centralized SDF nodes.
They lack trusted community validating nodes.... 

Just one word... garbage....

I don't think the network was down, only the nodes from SDF? Kinda like what would happen if Ripple suddenly switched off their s1/s2 clusters and the Data API - lots of services that (ab-)use this free infrastructure would break, but the network would be largely unaffected. But try convincing people of that, if their favorite website just shows error messages when they want to query the "Ripple" network.

21 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

I don't think the network was down, only the nodes from SDF? Kinda like what would happen if Ripple suddenly switched off their s1/s2 clusters and the Data API - lots of services that (ab-)use this free infrastructure would break, but the network would be largely unaffected. But try convincing people of that, if their favorite website just shows error messages when they want to query the "Ripple" network.

Means it was down on trust .....

On 4/7/2021 at 5:38 PM, Sukrim said:

Yes, in many "explorers" I wasn't able to get data because they were probably connected to SDF nodes, but the network was on. Also many major exchanges probably use public nodes and weren't able to do deposit and withdrawals.