Why the massive surge in price?

Hey all,  looking for some insight from some members that were holding XRP during some previous price spikes like this. Your opinion's, is it just the 18bil XRP that moved today as opposed to the normal 4-6 bil that causes this type of pricing surge?

Personally I believe that the markets are manipulated, and so the reason for the price spike now is that the people who move the markets decided it was time to go. Likely they are done accumulating. It is also possible that there is inside information about relistings, or some kind of settlement, which has caused the big money to move. 

8 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Personally I believe that the markets are manipulated, and so the reason for the price spike now is that the people who move the markets decided it was time to go. Likely they are done accumulating. It is also possible that there is inside information about relistings, or some kind of settlement, which has caused the big money to move. 

XRP , XLM , EOS , XTZ , BCH went up at the same time , so yes it's not only XRP.

But XRP did increase more , because it was suppressed for so long

15 hours ago, XRPNewb said:

Hey all,  looking for some insight from some members that were holding XRP during some previous price spikes like this. Your opinion's, is it just the 18bil XRP that moved today as opposed to the normal 4-6 bil that causes this type of pricing surge?

It's because I took my 50,000 xrp out at .55 , that's why. 

I took mine out around then as well - lucky I put most of them back in after flirting with Ada.  Unfortunately I wasn't 100 percent back in for this xrp pump as I still have a stake in OMG (which hasn't seen it's day yet). Conflicted as to if I should keep my stack of OMG or consolidate back into XRP at sub-1-doller levels.  I've been burned so bad so many times by having all my eggs in the XRP basket.   So conflicted right now. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

On 4/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I took mine out around then as well - lucky I put most of them back in after flirting with Ada.  Unfortunately I wasn't 100 percent back in for this xrp pump as I still have a stake in OMG (which hasn't seen it's day yet). Conflicted as to if I should keep my stack of OMG or consolidate back into XRP at sub-1-doller levels.  I've been burned so bad so many times by having all my eggs in the XRP basket.   So conflicted right now. 

Nothing really to think about here. XRP still far below its highs while many coins are close to their highs or even reaching new heights.

The big question is - will XRP be back down to 60 cents in few days or resting well above $1. No clue but remember that XRP pumped big time last spring and eventually ended up back where it started. 

Edited by lucid99

7 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

Nothing really to think about here. XRP still far below its highs while many coins are close to their highs or even reaching new heights.

The big question is - will XRP be back down to 60 cents in few days or resting well above $1. No clue but remember that XRP pumped big time last spring and eventually ended up back where it started. 

Thanks.  Still hard decision right now because omg and xrp are the same in terms of distance form their ATH.. a day like today makes the decision harder because I've got OMG picking up the slack while the others slump. We'll see, I think I'll give it a bit to see how rock-hard that .90 resistance really is :)