silver as investment

Are any of my fellow xrp brothers and sisters buying any silver?

I was fortunate enough to discover xrp back in 2014, and was really impressed about its potential and prospects.  And still love it going forward.

I have the same feeling about silver's future.  It's been manipulated for years, and now there is a good possibility for a huge swing to the upside and the downside is limited IMO.

I am certainly not arguing for selling any xrp (it's my biggest holding by far and I have no other crypto holdings except the spark tokens that we are to receive).

Not giving investment advice here (do your own DD), but not a bad idea IMO to pick up some physical silver to preserve wealth as all governments cannot stop printing money (and they won't stop, and in fact will print - create out of thin air - even more until these fiat currencies are inflated away, and every fiat currency in history has ended up at zero).  There will be a silver squeeze in the not too distant future IMO, and I could see prices as high as $250 to $500 an ounce.  Take a look at palladium which was has gone up 6x.  Buy physical silver, or if an ETF, only buy PSLV (not SLV or the other silver ETFs).  Just an idea for diversification, protection and a possible big score.  

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are any of my fellow xrp brothers and sisters buying any silver? I was fortunate enough to discover xrp back in 2014, and was really impressed about its potential and prospects.  And still love i

Here's an article on silver for batteries: https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/12/11/a-silver-oxide-zinc-battery-flexible-screen-printed-and-with-20-times-the-capacity-of-li-ion/ An interesting

Hey @Alluvial I don't own any Silver but looked at it seriously before buying into a few different Lithium and Uranium plays.  Perhaps they are considered a little further out on the risk curve by mos

Alluvial, FYI, I love conspiracy theories, the whole genre like some like westerns or romance novels. I discovered them when learning of silver decade+ ago... Not all/maybe most,  are actually true, but the good ones have a quantifiable fact or two that's an eye opener!  One to look into is "When Bear Sterns failed, it was their short Silver contracts that sunk them, which JPMorgan unwound over the last decade, going net long physical".

54 minutes ago, SilverSailor said:

Why yes...2008 got serious. Physical. The $50 peak circa 1980 translates to ~$155 today. I'm lurking reddit Wallstreetsilver weekly. 

I check out reddit's Wallstreetsilver regularly (probably as much as I stop by here!).  Some great posts there, and a lot of enthusiasm.  And the fundamentals for silver are so much better today than in 1980 when there were still billions of ounces above ground.  That supply has been used up, and today there are so many industrial uses for silver (electric vehicles, cell phones, solar panels as well as so many anti-bacterial uses).  There is strong investment demand for silver (and it's just getting started).  Soon the industrial users will start securing supply because the Teslas and Apples of the world cannot afford to not have that necessary silver.  My local dealer has never seen such demand, and his inventory of silver is always out these days.  You have to order to get it, and the premiums are extremely high.  I have been buying physical and loading up on PSLV.  There could be a default sometime later this year or next year.  Palladium had a similar situation where it rallied from $400 to $2600 and it stays there as the car manufactures must have it and it's in short supply.  

48 minutes ago, SilverSailor said:

Alluvial, FYI, I love conspiracy theories, the whole genre like some like westerns or romance novels. I discovered them when learning of silver decade+ ago... Not all/maybe most,  are actually true, but the good ones have a quantifiable fact or two that's an eye opener!  One to look into is "When Bear Sterns failed, it was their short Silver contracts that sunk them, which JPMorgan unwound over the last decade, going net long physical".

I love a good conspiracy theory as well, but I need evidence.  Thanks, I will check this one out!  My recollection on Bear Stearns was that a silver short covering squeeze did not happen until 2011.  My understanding was that Bear Stearns was long and extremely leveraged in real estate products that went bust when the real estate market collapsed.  That was in 2008.

41 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

@Alluvial - Did you catch Alessio's latest: "Is Silver Finally Trying To Bottom Here?" ... 

https://youtu.be/xATda_TYanE

Some interesting TA (tho his proclivity for repetition drives me nuts heh)... 

I watched it, thanks!  Silver seems to be consolidating. 

I think the big commercial banks which are short silver often manipulate the price with their unlimited bankrolls and they know the technical breakpoints for the hedge funds which cause them to flip.  They've been doing it for years.  Right now they really want to dampen any excitement that is growing I think in a big way at the grassroots level.  I've long wondered why banks are even short silver given they have no real involvement in it.  It seems like it should be miners selling in futures contracts (hedging their production) and industrial users buying for their industrial uses.  Yet, banks are often short as much as 400,000,000 ounces.  

Hey @Alluvial I don't own any Silver but looked at it seriously before buying into a few different Lithium and Uranium plays.  Perhaps they are considered a little further out on the risk curve by most than Silver?  Although, you and I both own XRP so that's about all thats needed to know about how comfortable we are venturing out to the far reaches of the risk curve.  The data I was looking it regarding serious supply crunches in combination with huge upside demand pressure looked really interesting.  They both look to be setup well from a regulatory perspective as they will likely be a big part of the global ESG and Green investment push thats just getting started.  

@aavkk - Good input too, thanks.

My understanding is Lithium is important to the "hydrogen economy," but afaik only Japan is pursuing that aggressively - is there a bigger scope to its potential importance ?

And Uranium could end up being the best for "green" concerns, particularly given the fact solar panels lead to more of the Sun's heat retention, which could end up being a suppressive concern.

4 hours ago, aavkk said:

Hey @Alluvial I don't own any Silver but looked at it seriously before buying into a few different Lithium and Uranium plays.  Perhaps they are considered a little further out on the risk curve by most than Silver?  Although, you and I both own XRP so that's about all thats needed to know about how comfortable we are venturing out to the far reaches of the risk curve.  The data I was looking it regarding serious supply crunches in combination with huge upside demand pressure looked really interesting.  They both look to be setup well from a regulatory perspective as they will likely be a big part of the global ESG and Green investment push thats just getting started.  

Uranium has done great.  Good call!  I have one Uranium royalty play - URCCF on US pink sheets.  It's done great, but I only have a very small position.  I should look at Lithium.  I read something the other day that said that silver oxide batteries significantly outperformed lithium oxide batteries.  Don't know that much about it.

I have been a silver bug for a long time, but XRP is my biggest holding, and silver is a clear second.  Good luck with your investments, and I hope you keep making great calls.  

12 hours ago, Alluvial said:

Uranium has done great.  Good call!  I have one Uranium royalty play - URCCF on US pink sheets.  It's done great, but I only have a very small position.  I should look at Lithium.  I read something the other day that said that silver oxide batteries significantly outperformed lithium oxide batteries.  Don't know that much about it.

I have been a silver bug for a long time, but XRP is my biggest holding, and silver is a clear second.  Good luck with your investments, and I hope you keep making great calls.  

I should probably allocate some of my shitcoin exits later this year into silver.  Whats making that type of play less appealing is the Stablecoin yield on Celsius, BlockFI, Next, etc... What resources do you use for research into the space?  Id love to read more about the silver oxide battery outperformance.  As for Lithium I bought PLL Piedmont Lithium in the $40 range.  They redomiciled from Australia to the US and have a contract with Tesla.  I'm seeing a trend towards the US going to great lengths to tie up local supply chains for natural resources so that should prove helpful.  They also just brought on the former Albemarle COO which should prove helpful for growth.  For Uranium I just bought the URNM ETF as I liked the allocation and the fees are reasonable.  I look at these as 7-10 year holds.  

3 hours ago, aavkk said:

I should probably allocate some of my shitcoin exits later this year into silver.  Whats making that type of play less appealing is the Stablecoin yield on Celsius, BlockFI, Next, etc... What resources do you use for research into the space?  Id love to read more about the silver oxide battery outperformance.  As for Lithium I bought PLL Piedmont Lithium in the $40 range.  They redomiciled from Australia to the US and have a contract with Tesla.  I'm seeing a trend towards the US going to great lengths to tie up local supply chains for natural resources so that should prove helpful.  They also just brought on the former Albemarle COO which should prove helpful for growth.  For Uranium I just bought the URNM ETF as I liked the allocation and the fees are reasonable.  I look at these as 7-10 year holds.  

Here's an article on silver for batteries:

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/12/11/a-silver-oxide-zinc-battery-flexible-screen-printed-and-with-20-times-the-capacity-of-li-ion/

An interesting summary regarding silver and the SLV ETF, a silver ETF, and silver manipulation by the commercial banks (which I believe).  This reddit review has received a lot of positive comments by many people in the silver industry.  I will often listen to podcasts about silver as well.  Be careful though, you might end up a silver bug (in addition to an xrp bug) like me.  

I think that having a position in almost any hard asset like commodities for the next 5-10 years isn't the worst idea. Personally I'm not interested in silver and prefer things like energy/oil plays, uranium miners, helium explorers, even real estate – over silver – but pretty much everything in commodities is just... number go up, right now and silver mining should do just as well as gold or copper or lithium or diamonds or anything else. My natgas positions have been soaring.

Actually as soon as I've exited some (not all) of my XRP position this and next year it's going to get reinvested in commodities. With the ESG/climate push (which I think is BS, but who cares) it's going to FORCE the prices up of pretty much everything. For example, can't have wind turbines without steel. Can't have steel without (ironically) coal. Or with EVs, you need to triple or quadruple the entire world's output of things like copper, nickel, cobalt... on and on. (I actually think it's not possible, but I don't care... "greens" will just make me very very rich).