Newbie hello

Fambam4093

9 hours ago, Fambam4093 said:

Hey, new here as of today. Trying to find out where to purchase?? Been all over the net...who still has this listed? 

Great info here btw...appreciate all the insight. Most info I found yet!

Are you an American?

Being American doesn't matter. It is easy to buy even with certain exchanges not listing it. 

1. Uphold lists it, you can open an account there and buy directly with fiat. Even if you reside in the US

2. If you already have an account at another exchange where you can buy other coins- buy a coin there (XLM for example because like XRP it is fast and cheap to move). Then send that to an exchange that still lists XRP (Bitrue, Uphold, NUEX and others  just went back online selling) then exchange the coin that you bought there for XRP

3. Download the Atomic wallet- follow the steps for number 2, except send the coin you buy to your Atomic wallet and exchange for XRP directly in the wallet. 

4. Follow the steps for number 2 and exchange through Changelly. 

It does not take much research to figure out where you can still buy. 

Thansk guys and yes USA here...uphold seems to be the one but has terrible reviews. I will dig into swapping from one coin to another. Somewhat complex for newbie crypto. All this info is great, thnx again!

FWIW, I'm a Californian, and have accounts with Gatehub, Binance-US, KuCoin, and Bitrue. 

You can survey for yourself the fees and price ranges/volumes and XRP trading pairs at each of these exchanges and make your own decisions.

I wired USD fiat from my local bank account to Binance and Gatehub, trade it into a low-cost fast crypto (like ADA), then transfer to my other accounts and trade in XRP. Reverse steps to exit back into USD fiat to withdraw and then add moar to my fleet of Lambos. 

1 hour ago, JASCoder said:

FWIW, I'm a Californian, and have accounts with Gatehub, Binance-US, KuCoin, and Bitrue. 

You can survey for yourself the fees and price ranges/volumes and XRP trading pairs at each of these exchanges and make your own decisions.

I wired USD fiat from my local bank account to Binance and Gatehub, trade it into a low-cost fast crypto (like ADA), then transfer to my other accounts and trade in XRP. Reverse steps to exit back into USD fiat to withdraw and then add moar to my fleet of Lambos. 

👍

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, derftsaf said:

Being American doesn't matter. It is easy to buy even with certain exchanges not listing it. 

1. Uphold lists it, you can open an account there and buy directly with fiat. Even if you reside in the US

2. If you already have an account at another exchange where you can buy other coins- buy a coin there (XLM for example because like XRP it is fast and cheap to move). Then send that to an exchange that still lists XRP (Bitrue, Uphold, NUEX and others  just went back online selling) then exchange the coin that you bought there for XRP

3. Download the Atomic wallet- follow the steps for number 2, except send the coin you buy to your Atomic wallet and exchange for XRP directly in the wallet. 

4. Follow the steps for number 2 and exchange through Changelly. 

It does not take much research to figure out where you can still buy. 

Edited by Fambam4093

Posted (edited)

Hey there everyone...So, it looks as if atomic wallet lets you purchase XRP...while I understand the fees the only drawback I can conclude is you cannot cash out per se. Am I correct?

Edited by Fambam4093

Hi @Fambam4093 

No you can't 'cash out' directly with Atomic Wallet. 

You can trade for a stable coin like USDC or USDT to weather a storm. Or you can move those stable coin to an actual exchange like Coinbase or Kraken and cash out the USDC/USDT there. 

Again ... I would advice against using Atomic wallet to trade. You will lose a lot of money on any trade. Atomic wallet is a great place to Hodl a diverse coin portfolio that only you control (ie no one else has the keys) ... but not to trade coins. 

• 3 weeks later...