John Deaton files Motion to Intervene re SEC vs Ripple

Filled out the form last night. Takes two minutes at most. I am from Western Australia, you select where you are from, so it would make no sense to have that option if you could only sign if you lived in the USA.

5 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

A sceptical view of the chances of success:

IANAL, not even close, but I have to assume this line of thinking is correct. It's highly unlikely that the motion to intervene will be successful. To me it looks like it's basically an argumentum ad absurdum by way of court proceedings. The real goal isn't to win the legal case presented in the motion, but to make a rhetorical point.

12 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

A sceptical view of the chances of success:

I don't think it is important that the holders case doesn't have much chance of winning, it is about building a narrative. Many, many people from institutions to private citizens seem to have asked the SEC if XRP was a security and no clear answer was ever given. That counts for something. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:26 PM, Cambridge said:

Personally, I really like what Deaton is doing. He's fighting the good fight. I don't care about Brad's or Chris's holdings or if they have to pay a fine. They should have done a better job at distributing XRP.  Hindsight is 2020 but they could have given XRP to non profits with clauses so there's no dumping on the market. 

Brad and chris don't look like saints to me, and I won't defend these billionaires.

Whatever. That's in the past and history will judge them for any action.

John Deaton is fighting for his XRP and that affects me. I hope he dents this case and impacts it in a positive way. 

No, their XRP was theirs and they were largely responsible for turning something worth nearly nothing into that. Same for Jed, Vitalik, anyone.

Also, AFAIK, this motion to get in on the SEC vs Ripple suit is totally separate from the class action suit. Personally, I believe that case will be largely symbolic as well. Even if the XRP holders win, class action suits rarely benefit the individual participants much. But the fight is good in its own right.

8 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Denied without prejudice;  some timing issues to be overcome, but standing up is the important thing.

I like this guy.

Not possible to overcome the deadlines from reading into it 

2 minutes ago, Archbob said:

He's refiling to get denied again I guess.

He did say he would keep getting back up and getting punched in the face.  I guess we found the one lawyer who is true to his word.