• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope you’re right but I’ve heard a lot of these little birdie tips over the years. 

First-order logic on that one would maybe look something like the following bit: IF one assumes that the big fight is over escrow, AND IF one assumes that it's going to remain Ripple's property,

Ripple stock you say? Ah yes...I was wondering when I get my XRP dividend.  The stock broker that introduced these XRP investment contracts to me promised a quarterly dividend based on the company per

1 hour ago, gamblin310 said:

That same birdie just told me that demand for Ripple's stock is STILL very strong...

Frankly I hope those in this forum who are accredited investors got into Ripple stock by now. Ripple is on the cusp of its IPO and I highly doubt we’re going to get another shot at purchasing pre-IPO stock. Those who did get in, congratulations :) Don’t ever sell it. Not for at least 10 years. 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:26 PM, gamblin310 said:

That same birdie just told me that demand for Ripple's stock is STILL very strong...

On second thought, I wonder if they’re actually contemplating an IPO soon... They could be raising another round, but the last one was just an year ago. Should be interesting...

5 hours ago, Ripley said:

On second thought, I wonder if they’re actually contemplating an IPO soon... They could be raising another round, but the last one was just an year ago. Should be interesting...

It would be fairly problematic, wouldn’t it, to value a company that may or may not have future custody of billions of dollars worth of an asset?

I realise that can be done,  but is not really an ideal IPO launch situation I think.

1 hour ago, BillyOckham said:

It would be fairly problematic, wouldn’t it, to value a company that may or may not have future custody of billions of dollars worth of an asset?

I realise that can be done,  but is not really an ideal IPO launch situation I think.

I agree, but they may not be looking to go IPO today. They may be preparing to. These things take time. Their last valuation round certainly didn’t account for the the escrow because that ~45B of XRP doesn’t belong to Ripple (they were valued at $10B) Again, this is only a speculation.

I’m a trusting type of person :), so I’m taking @gamblin310’s comments as true. So now, I’m speculating as to how that might work: another valuation round also seems unlikely. I suppose it’s possible that Tetragon’s relationship with Ripple has soured and that another entity is looking to buy them (Tetragon) out.

It’s also possible that there is tons of demand through secondary markets. I know Equity Zen doesn’t have offers anymore, but it’s possible you could buy through LinqTo. I haven’t bothered to register, to see if there are offers there.

I vaguely remember Brad mentioning that he saw Ripple going IPO around 2022, and I can see how doing that also helps them be a lot more open about their customers, which can help address the FUD about their success (apart from the money, of course). They have been growing very aggressively.

Anyway, I’d rather not go further down this speculation. I’m curious to see how it plays out.

12 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Also critical for investors to know whether or not that company is profitable without XRP sales (even *if* they come out of the court case unscathed). 

Ripple is a VERY different company if they are subsidised by XRP. From Wiki: 

In 2020 an article in Financial Times Alphaville[67] revealed that Moneygram, the largest public user of Ripple's XRP based liquidity tools, has not only received a $50m investment prior to adopting the tools but that the software was provided free of charge by Ripple and that Moneygram was receiving an on-going subsidy for using XRP, amounting to $8.9m in Q4 2019. The same article revealed that Ripple was dependent on sales of XRP to remain profitable.

Not saying this is totally accurate, but even if it's half-true it looks pretty bad.

That said, look at the WeWork debacle, overpriced crap like Peloton, the countless Tesla-inspired electrical vehicle scams and endless empty SPACs being launched all designed to flease the gullible public and enrich billionaire early-investor elites like Chamath and such other snake oil salesmen. In such a delusional bubble as we're in currently, powered in part by COVID money printing, Ripple could become a trillion dollar company based on nothing but cleverly spun dreams and fairy tales. They surely wouldn't want to miss out on such easy money right now. And some of these Silicon Valley shit-co's might even become profitable one day and turn into real global businesses.

47 minutes ago, thinlyspread said:

Not saying this is totally accurate, but even if it's half-true it looks pretty bad.

That said, to take the "other side of the bet" as it were, SOME might say "screw traditional business models", XRP really IS the secret sauce and it's the future the bridge currency the Chosen One bla bla... and that's a very GOOD thing for Ripple to just focus on and build other revenue streams around. Just playing angel's advocate... :)