SEC case getting interesting, personal finance...

SEC are now on the receiving end of incoming bullets and a hostile media.  That their aggressive behaviour was avoidable and has caused so much hardship, economic damage and even suicides is going to really hurt their chances in court.  Judges are humans and their responses are affected by this stuff, just like we are. . 

Edited by Julian_Williams

The great thing about moves like this is that they can be game changing for the SEC's case if the judge allows them... Why's that good you ask??! 

Well, *when* the judge throws them out (denies them) ironically it strengthens the confidence on the other side. 

Just imagine Ripple's Fair Notice argument is accepted, that's a big win. 

These early moves, and how they play out should all help to grease the wheels for settlement... I'd say in a case like this both sides should have enough to go on to anticipate a win or loss before the trial. 

If it were a criminal case I don't think they would have to ask for such things in discovery, they'd just be able to get a warrant for the information directly from the banks BG/CL use, kinda how the police subpoenas Facebook for information when solving an actual crime.  You don't tell the criminal you've got dirt on them usually.

What Brad bought for lunch and where he has bought his underoos for the past 8 years is irrelevant to the case...

~~~~~~~~~~

My dude John Deaton spitting flames at these SEC knobs. The Clayton/GoldmanSachs/Apollo/BTC-ETH connection is starting to make more sense.  Ex-Goldman guy Gensler also used to head the CFTC and just couldn't figure out how JP Morgan was manipulating the COMEX silver markets while he was there.....hmmmm, looking the other way for a big bullion bank...maybe he should have started with looking into the SLV trust. 

All these people rub each others' backs, the crony capitalism and corruption is kinda nauseating honestly.  

And now Gensler is coming into the SEC to do what? Regulate 99% of cryptos into oblivion so the banks can step in and take over, while the CFTC and SEC look the other way when the banks commit more financial crimes. Clayton might have bought some time, but is it really enough?

XRP isn't going away obviously and unless someone else has similar or better tech, I don't see Bitcoin/Ethereum performing the task XRP can already do.  Maybe some kinda deal with XLM, but network wise I'm pretty sure XRP is superior.; XLM has definitely had more hiccups and issues than the XRPL, (millions of transactions and billions in value without a glitch, bank partnerships, etc etc.)

4 minutes ago, RussianStandards said:

If, and it’s a big if, Ripple wins this case hands down and shuts thee SEC up, this will feel so personal for some reason and one of the biggest wins in my life haha

While we all want to see our zerps running free and in the wild again, the bigger goal is to get some kind of ruling that can be applied to all of crypto as a whole. Any little beachhead of regulatory clarity is a win for everybody.

The SEC are acting like thugs for an elite, BECAUSE THEY ARE, that's been THEIR role for a very long time. The problem for the SEC is that they may have finally met an opponent that might just stand up to them and kick their ass in a legal sense. BUT as somebody said (a senator I think), this whole thing has national security implications, which usually means, hey if WE the power's that be don't get our own way, then lock these people up, ruin them, convenient accident or put a bullet in them, literally in this case, black op Navy SEAL style.

I will reiterate, this could all be theatre for the masses though, I have a hard time believing that Ripple got themselves into all this, without a plan and connections up the ye yang so to speak. Backroom deals and heavy cigar smoking is most definitely going on right now, this will not be decided in a small courtroom, this will be decided at much higher levels within the US government.

We are watching the future of money being born and just like any birth, expect a lot of screaming, pain and suffering on all sides.

Keep in mind, wars have been started over less, the economic hurt this could put on the US is incalculable, BUT if they embrace and lead in this new digital techno money revolution, then the opportunities could be even greater for them in the long run, that's what is really going on right now, which path is to be chosen, the old IMO dead end path or the new digital path. Control is power, so who controls the escrow is key and this is a fight worth watching, it might be the greatest boxing match of our time.

Edited by HAL1000

21 minutes ago, Barefooter said:

I have often thought that it is really "all about control of the escrow"

No doubt!! Whomever controls the lion share of XRP dictates policy on the XRPL..  XRP is a very important digital asset thus the fight here and what we are seeing is the powers that be know that when XRP gets going the circulating supply is going to be scarce and the price will rise, they see the escrow as the key to control.  Whomever controls the escrow dictates the ledger.  The ledger is the highway and XRP is fuel for the vehicles that will travel that highway.  Those 8 years of lapse of any action were research years, and now the verdict is out  XRP is the disruptor this has been figured out.  If it were BTC or ETH those assets would b the ones in trouble now not XRP. If they don't wrap a legal framework around XRP the US government knows that they will loose out greatly!!  BTC and ETH are not a threat but XRP is, and being that other countries are willing to say screw the US as it relates to XRP it speaks volume to how much of a threat it really is!!!

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back

2 hours ago, RussianStandards said:

If, and it’s a big if, Ripple wins this case hands down and shuts thee SEC up, this will feel so personal for some reason and one of the biggest wins in my life haha

Remember those XRP sales by Brad, Larsen, Jeb and Ripple have been suppressing XRP value. If SEC lose will they just start over again?