SCB (Siam commercial bank)?

36 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

Matt works for Ripple. I'm going to wager he knows what he is talking about.

While that's true, you can look at their own timeline of accomplishments right here:

https://ripple.com/company

They have major events like "moneygram uses ODL" and "Aizmo uses ODL". If SCB actually used ODL(or any major bank), I think they would list it to. And if it was under NDA, then an employee would not be allowed to say so like Matt just did on twitter. 

So either:

1) Matt violated an NDA by telling people that SCB does use ODL

or

2) SCB doesn't use ODL

or

3) He thinks they use ODL but doesn't actually know

I know they use Ripple, but I don't think they use XRP. I would think only those on the executive levels really have private information on these things if they weren't available to the public. I've worked at technology companies before as a developer/technical support staff, but I certainly didn't know all the details of the big corporate partnerships.

Edited by Archbob

https://ripple.com/insights/azimo-and-scb-runs-on-ripple-for-instant-payments-into-thailand/

“More and more countries are going to instant payment,” said Azimo co-founder and executive chairman Michael Kent. “Thailand recently launched their instant payment network, and this partnership with the largest bank in the country allows us to get the time to settle payments down from around 24 hours to an average of 22 seconds. [It’s] faster to send money to Thailand than to someone else in Europe”.

So, SCB is either directly or indirectly using XRP (through Azimo). No? 

50 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

https://ripple.com/insights/azimo-and-scb-runs-on-ripple-for-instant-payments-into-thailand/

“More and more countries are going to instant payment,” said Azimo co-founder and executive chairman Michael Kent. “Thailand recently launched their instant payment network, and this partnership with the largest bank in the country allows us to get the time to settle payments down from around 24 hours to an average of 22 seconds. [It’s] faster to send money to Thailand than to someone else in Europe”.

So, SCB is either directly or indirectly using XRP (through Azimo). No? 

It could be. However, not all of Azimo's payments use ODL just like only a small part of moneygram's payments used ODL when they were still using it.