Did any Binance users receive an email like this?

We would like to provide you with guidance to finish your submission for receiving your SPARK tokens from the Flare Network snapshot on December 11, 2020. Please go through the following steps to complete your submission. In order to receive your SPARK tokens, you will need to create a SPARK supported wallet. For a list of wallets supporting SPARK, please refer to Flare's blog post. 

Once you've created a SPARK wallet, submit your Binance.US login email address, Binance.US user ID and SPARK wallet address HERE 

PLEASE NOTE: You MUST provide the email address that matches your user ID. XRP was delisted from Binance.US on January 13.

The email looks legit from the header info etc, but I am hesitant to take actions myself because it seems a little fishy still. Just wondering if any other exchanges supporting flare have sent out anything with the same or similar verbiage? What really makes it suspect is I don't see any thing like this on their site.  You would think it would be posted on their site considering the ramifications behind these actions.  

I'm glad you brought this to our attention, friend @RikkiTikki_is_Back

I logged into my B-us account and in the "Announcements" section, clicked a link "Claim Your Snapshot"
(14 days ago - Updated)

There I found a form which we need to plug in our info (including our Spark wallet public key).

Obviously this isn't urgent, as the drop is months away yet, but regardless add to your "TODO" list forthwith.

Thanks again !

One last detail - regarding emails from Binance . us :

Every email from them to us customers will include OUR provided "Anti-phishing" word,
that is your definitive attestation of its authenticity. Mine was correct.

Regardless, it's ALWAYS best practice to visit web pages via your own trusted URLs, not ones in an email (unless its query strings are required of course).

This email from them was (as I said above), just a reminder you have yet to secure your claim with Binance, so we have a few months to attend to this task.

Edited by JASCoder

I’m always wary of e-mails like these and typically ignore them. If I need to do anything, I do it straight from the website when I’m logged on and only click on links if they’re either generated from an action I did in the site I’m using or I’m absolutely certain it’s genuinely from what the sender appears to be. 

20 hours ago, Moonraker said:

What's the exact email address from which it originates from?

The email address is do-not-reply@mailer.binance.us.

I received this, too.  It's not directly listed on the binance.us site but the link to go to in the email points here:  https://support.binance.us/hc/en-us/articles/1500002619681-Claim-Your-Snapshot

My issue is that I sold my XRP.  I bought another bag in Coinbase when it was low.

Going through the instructions that I have pieced together, you are required to have at least 20 XRP to setup a Spark Wallet Address in XRPL that is in your hard wallet (in my case, I have ledger nano s).  I grabbed 20 from my coinbase account and put inLedger to set it up and confirmed it in XRPL.  But it shows the history of the XRP from coinbase and says I am not eligible because I bought my coinbase bag after the snapshot. 

So I don't know how Binance will be able to send us spark tokens especially if we sold them.  

22 hours ago, aachild said:

So I don't know how Binance will be able to send us spark tokens especially if we sold them.  

IF you had XRP in your available balances on Binance on 12DEC2020 - then you will be entitled to your share of the airdrop.

What ever happened after 12DEC is immaterial to your claim.

• 1 month later...

a question about claiming spark using xrptoolkit. The binance US is asking investors to fill out a spark claim form that needs flare/spark address. Can I use nano s eth address that has been used to claim spark using xrptoolkit? In other words, can I use my nano s eth address that has been set to receive spark tokens as the spark address in the binance US form?

11 hours ago, Genewaylife said:

a question about claiming spark using xrptoolkit. The binance US is asking investors to fill out a spark claim form that needs flare/spark address. Can I use nano s eth address that has been used to claim spark using xrptoolkit? In other words, can I use my nano s eth address that has been set to receive spark tokens as the spark address in the binance US form?

Do you have the secret key to your Ripple wallet with Binance? I would think it's custodial (they have the secret keys) and that's why they want you to fill out the form. If you have the secret key, you can use XRP toolkit.