[POLL] Do you trust XRP for long term?

poor

Hi, everybody! 

As you know, XRP is having hard times because of the SEC lawsuit, and it is losing value day by day.

As a new XRP investor, I just want to ask you this:

Do you trust XRP for the long term and at which value do you see XRP in 2 years? Why?

For example: "Yes, I trust XRP for the long term and hope to see XRP at 5$ in 2 years. Because XRP has a great technology about transaction speed and fee."

Or, "No, SEC will finish XRP and if it moves from U.S markets, none will trust this coin again."

I am trying to understand is XRP profitable for long-term investment or should I prefer other coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS or BNB. So I am curious about how you see XRP's future.

Thanks for your replies!

Look at this way, the crypto market is still in its infancy and nobody can give you an answer beyond I think, or I feel, but on that basis I think you will find that most here on this forum are here because if nothing else, we all wish it will go to the moon etc. So on that basis, I think at some point XRP will moon, when is anyone's guess, but I feel no more than 2 years is required to see if this happens. The SEC are losing, and they should never have filed the motion in the first place.

Edited by HAL1000

I'd argue "trust" is the wrong word.

We can see what they are trying to do, where, who are the other "players" in the field, and various potential use-cases XRP can fulfill. 

Having said that, there is FAR more to it than what we, average people, know. From financial aspect, political state-level and world-level shenanigans, and so on.

I'd wager that some of the seemingly complex things are actually quite simple, while some all but invisible things present a serious obstacle that needs to be tackled, one way or another.

My point is, everything for now points that XRP could be a major player in the financial system as a whole, one that should be here for the next XXX years.
There are signs indicating that Ripple is one of bigger "players", but certainly the only one. Along with numerous partherships across the world, including some of the other player on Hyperledger, we could potentially assume they will be a part of it all.

And, of course, Ripple's lawsuit just reeks of having "something more" behind it.

That said, (conspiracy) theories are only good for learning what options might be present, and it's seldom correct to take them as truth.

Now, how big will be the part of the cake Ripple/XRP will take, remains to be seen. 

In my eyes, which means absolutely nothing at all, 0% and 100% remains to be of equal chance. For now.

I will add this, think of Ripple as electricians, they have put in most of the wiring and fitted in lots of light bulbs and have partnered with many others who already have millions of bits of wiring + bulbs and electrical appliances connected etc, all we are doing is waiting for them to turn on the juice and to see how many more things this juice will end up, powering up. Keep in mind the juice is XRP/ODL and the Flare network etc and currently this juice is just trickling through the wires, when it gets going proper, moooooon, we are all just waiting for the spark that lights this touch paper, pun intended :)

Edited by HAL1000

In its current state, absolutely not. It's pure gambling and market manipulation. 

Once 99% of crypto has gone to zero, scammers are in jail, regulations are clarified and the bear market kills the remaining "good" projects that still fail even though they were legit, then maybe – if XRP even survives – I'll take it as a long term investment.

But right now it's like you're in the dot-com bubble and you don't know if you're holding a Pets.com or an Amazon. Or if maybe you're holding a potential Amazon but it's the alternative timeline Amazon that only ever sold books and Jeff Bezos dumped unlicensed beanie-baby securities onto retail holders and screwed the entire company and beanie-babies market at the same time. 

Edited by thinlyspread

Ripple is going after a huge market, cross-border and cross currency transactions. They've put more in than anyone at building relationships within that market segment. If they can become an established player, even taking 10% of transactions, that's huge. Will they be successful and break into the market? I don't know. They've been trying for more than 5 years. I think they're ahead of anyone else in the game, but it's a tough game.

In my opinion, I would not recommend to my family to invest in crypto now. Not just XRP but any crypto.

Buying is speculative. None of these assets truly provide a working usecase.

XRP has a usecase, but it it facing political headwinds.

We could say BTC provides a way to disperse value globally without a central party. OK, sure that could be it's use, especially as a hedge, but I'm not interested in buying an asset that doesn't do anything else. The others do the same, include doge. 

As far as XRP, the SEC could still limit the growth of XRP significantly if it is declared a security. Honestly, the SEC has failed miserably. 

For me this is a speculative gamble. Nothing more, BUT if Ripple succeeds, then I could see the XRP ecosystem prosper alongside Bitcoin. I'm a believer that btc and xrp can both prosper together.