Flare FAQ

Seoulite

2 minutes ago, WarChest said:

At that time I just need to find a wallet that I can use with my 24 words, plus that converted MEW ether address, in order to access those Flr that are “dropped” to me on the Flare network, is that correct?

Do you have the secret key for your ETH account ? 
If so, you can easily use MetaMask plugin (I'm using Brave browser, Chrome will work too I know).

6 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Do you have the secret key for your ETH account ? 
If so, you can easily use MetaMask plugin (I'm using Brave browser, Chrome will work too I know).

I have just the public Etherlike address and the 24 words.

9 minutes ago, WarChest said:

At that time I just need to find a wallet that I can use with my 24 words, plus that converted MEW ether address, in order to access those Flr that are “dropped” to me on the Flare network, is that correct?

Yes I believe that is correct.

One such will be Bifrost wallet which should be released very soon.  

But Flare will now be released as two stages.  A canary network called Songbird, then after any issues are resolved the Flare network.  So in fact you will get two airdrops from Flare.  The songbird tokens will be real tokens not just Monopoly money, and will be dropped to you at a tenth of the amount you would receive of Spark.

So that address will ultimately be used on two different networks, Songbird and Flare.  Wallets will be able to hold both simultaneously I believe.

16 minutes ago, WarChest said:

Here is where I am at.

in August last year….

I set the message key field on my XRP hardware wallet with an ether address that was created in MEW (but converted to the correct format for the Flare drop).

I have the 24 words recorded too.

When the Network goes live say in October, a corresponding address on the Flare Network to the one in my message key field will exist with some of my air drop flare tokens.

I should add that you said “24 words, plus that network address” but in reality importing the 24 words will deterministically arrive at the correct address.  You will just import them and the wallet will now have your account address and key.

29 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

I should add that you said “24 words, plus that network address” but in reality importing the 24 words will deterministically arrive at the correct address.  You will just import them and the wallet will now have your account address and key.

Perfect. The penny has finally dropped! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, madmellow said:

Bitstamp seems to block all customer SGB for unknown reasons. They also block all tryings to get informations. Something is going on here. :scratch_one-s_head:

You mean they are not giving you the airdrop? And they are not responding to any requests about it?