Flare FAQ

Seoulite

Has anyone heard any news regarding the airdrop date and mainnet launch? It seems odd to me that it's been 3 months since the snapshot date and we're not hearing much. I would think they'd be doing more to build excitement around this project by now. They originally said Q1/Q2 and then it was just Q2. I wonder what's going on. Have they run into issues with testing?

14 hours ago, xrp_sea said:

Has anyone heard any news regarding the airdrop date and mainnet launch? It seems odd to me that it's been 3 months since the snapshot date and we're not hearing much. I would think they'd be doing more to build excitement around this project by now. They originally said Q1/Q2 and then it was just Q2. I wonder what's going on. Have they run into issues with testing?

Hugo said they are aiming for June in a recent interview. The drop will happen on day 1 of the launch. You are not hearing much because he says they are not going to hype things up, not going to announce anything until it is built, they are being VERY careful to make sure FLR does not look like a security in any way at all. So absolutely no promises to add value to the coin (although of course they are working on that) and no building excitement. 

• 3 weeks later...

Slightly off-topic........

Anyone have any idea where I would find info on general dev access to the test network(pre the main net). I would like to start looking into creating my own interface for  monitoring and running an algo to adjust an account as required, data feeds or send an alert etc. I can't seem to find anything through Xrpchat search or Google.......

Thanks

6 hours ago, Prometheus_Rising said:

Anyone have any idea where I would find info on general dev access to the test network(pre the main net). I would like to start looking into creating my own interface for  monitoring and running an algo to adjust an account as required, data feeds or send an alert etc. I can't seem to find anything through Xrpchat search or Google.......

Thanks

Does this help? https://docs.flare.network/en/coston-testnet

On 4/2/2021 at 7:49 AM, Prometheus_Rising said:

Thanks

Did you find anything useful? I would like to test the idea of signing a transaction offline (for example) submitting it to coston and seeing if it works. I presume since the network is using the ethereum virtual machine, then we can use code that was written for ETH to do this, but I've not tried. Did you make progress? 

4 hours ago, jbjnr said:

Did you find anything useful? I would like to test the idea of signing a transaction offline (for example) submitting it to coston and seeing if it works. I presume since the network is using the ethereum virtual machine, then we can use code that was written for ETH to do this, but I've not tried. Did you make progress? 

I haven't got around to it yet, life just got too busy. I will update if I have any success.

On 3/14/2021 at 12:51 PM, Seoulite said:

Hugo said they are aiming for June in a recent interview. The drop will happen on day 1 of the launch. You are not hearing much because he says they are not going to hype things up, not going to announce anything until it is built, they are being VERY careful to make sure FLR does not look like a security in any way at all. So absolutely no promises to add value to the coin (although of course they are working on that) and no building excitement. 

So basically no one has yet to receive any Spark tokens despite it was said earlier that the first 15% would be distributed in December already (or something like that , a few months ago) ?

52 minutes ago, Warg said:

So basically no one has yet to receive any Spark tokens despite it was said earlier that the first 15% would be distributed in December already (or something like that , a few months ago) ?

Hmm I don't recall them ever saying that. The first 15% is distributed on day one of the network launch. 

5 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Hmm I don't recall them ever saying that. The first 15% is distributed on day one of the network launch. 

Oh I see, I must have missunderstood it then. So no one has yet to receive any then. Great, then I don't have to feel like I'm late to the party :lol:

2 minutes ago, Warg said:

Oh I see, I must have missunderstood it then. So no one has yet to receive any then. Great, then I don't have to feel like I'm late to the party :lol:

Don't worry you're not late, you're early! :D No the tokens do not exist. Bitrue and Poloniex are only trading IOUs which will be changed for the real deal at launch. Anyone else claiming to have them is lying. 

hi everyone, I need a little help here. Sorry to bump the thread. 

FLR tokens are trading over 1.70USD on bitrue. 

Is that price real? Say that the network launches in June and we get our 15 percent FLR allocation and that the price is say 2 dollars. 

Do we pay taxes on the 2 dollar price? What happens if it decreases in price after we get the FLR tokens? I'm so confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the US. 

1 hour ago, Cambridge said:

hi everyone, I need a little help here. Sorry to bump the thread. 

FLR tokens are trading over 1.70USD on bitrue. 

Is that price real? Say that the network launches in June and we get our 15 percent FLR allocation and that the price is say 2 dollars. 

Do we pay taxes on the 2 dollar price? What happens if it decreases in price after we get the FLR tokens? I'm so confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the US. 

The price seems too high to be real, but no one really knows. I know I'm not buying IOUs at that price (but I'm happy with the bag that's coming to me).

I think you can make the argument that the first airdrop has no value as there's no market yet. I have no idea whether or not the IRS will buy that argument. Each month after that will have a value and count as income.

My friends, I have a quick and maybe silly question!

When I need to change my Ethereum address to Flare address, and it says, use all caps, do i apply all caps to letters only, or i need to use all caps for numbers too, if such thing exists?! (am i overthinking this?!)

But any case, thanks for an answer!

:dthinking:

14 minutes ago, joe91 said:

My friends, I have a quick and maybe silly question!

When I need to change my Ethereum address to Flare address, and it says, use all caps, do i apply all caps to letters only, or i need to use all caps for numbers too, if such thing exists?! (am i overthinking this?!)

But any case, thanks for an answer!

:dthinking:

No there's no different way to write the numbers. Don't worry!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.