Jump to content

importing from paper wallet


Recommended Posts

hi all.

i have some xrp in paper wallet and i want to transter them directly to an exchange site.

is there a website where i can import  my paper wallet and its also an exchange site ?

i dont want to use another wallet and then send it to a exchage site because i will leave there another 20xrp and 40xrp total.

i heard gatehub is a good solution.is it an exchange site also ? 

is there alternative to gatehub where i can import from paper wallet with the same address and use market exchage services ? thank you in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello.

im affriad of using unfamiliar code from the web.and i think phone apps are less secure.those the xumm have desktop version ?

is there a web exchange that can do it ?

is gatehub ok ?

do you have another websites like gatehub?

thanks very much

Edited by xrrrp
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brianwalden said:

I think Gatehub does allow you import your own wallet. They're a reputable company. I don't know how great their trading volume is.

They do. How reputable they are.... Please remind how they handled their hack a year ago, so be aware of the risks. Trading volume is depending on the XRP ledger, and quite low compared to big exchanges.

Sending your XRP from your wallet to other exchanges does not require a new wallet. The exchanges use a Destination Tag to credit the XRP to your account. Remember, keeping crypto on exchanges also has risks. If the exchange get hacked, you might loose all your precious XRP...

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i am gonna pass on gatehub with all of thier proof of residence and all the forms.so annoying.

i will not keep it in the exchange.

i just need a solution to get my xrp to an exchange website,from there i will trade and send those to a diffrent  paper wallet.

how can i get it on bittrex or some other exchange and lose only 20xrp ?

you said i dont need a new wallet on other exchanges.how do i do that ? do you have a guide or youtube video ? 

thanks alot

35 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

They do. How reputable they are.... Please remind how they handled their hack a year ago, so be aware of the risks. Trading volume is depending on the XRP ledger, and quite low compared to big exchanges.

Sending your XRP from your wallet to other exchanges does not require a new wallet. The exchanges use a Destination Tag to credit the XRP to your account. Remember, keeping crypto on exchanges also has risks. If the exchange get hacked, you might loose all your precious XRP...

 

Edited by xrrrp
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you want a desktop tool, probably the bithomp tools are best for you. You have to create a payment transaction from your address to the exchange address and don't forget to include your Destination Tag. Not 100% sure, but you probably can make a delete wallet transaction, so the wallet is inactivated form the XRPL, and the last XRP are send to the exchgange

If you only want to make 1 transaction, I don't think there is much of a security risk. If you are ok with phone apps, try the Xumm wallet

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hero_Member said:

Well, if you want a desktop tool, probably the bithomp tools are best for you. You have to create a payment transaction from your address to the exchange address and don't forget to include your Destination Tag. Not 100% sure, but you probably can make a delete wallet transaction, so the wallet is inactivated form the XRPL, and the last XRP are send to the exchgange

If you only want to make 1 transaction, I don't think there is much of a security risk. If you are ok with phone apps, try the Xumm wallet

i heard about this bithomp but i am scared to do a mistake and lose the coins.its not user friendly.

at the xumm wallet i can use the old address ? does it have exchange service also ?

do i have to write destination tag at the xumm app also ? 

Edited by xrrrp
Link to post
Share on other sites

does xumm has exchange service ? can i trade it to bitcoin ? or usd that i can send to exchange site ?

or i only can transfer xrp to another account (like xrp address in an exchange site)and activated this address as well and lose 20 xrp ?

i downloaded the xumm app but i dont see trading options..so i will must make another address ?thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, xrrrp said:

or i only can transfer xrp to another account (like xrp address in an exchange site)and activated this address as well and lose 20 xrp ?

When you transfer to an exchange, you do not activate a new XRP address on the exchange. You send the XRP to the same XRP address as everyone else on the exchange, and the destination tag helps the exchange assign your XRP to your account. Because of this, you do not lose 20 XRP on the exchange. You only lose the 20 XRP left behind in the wallet that you send from.

3 hours ago, Hero_Member said:

Not 100% sure, but you probably can make a delete wallet transaction, so the wallet is inactivated form the XRPL, and the last XRP are send to the exchgange

This doesn't work with at least some exchanges, because the delete transaction is different to a payment transaction and the exchanges' systems don't recognise it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, at3n said:

When you transfer to an exchange, you do not activate a new XRP address on the exchange. You send the XRP to the same XRP address as everyone else on the exchange, and the destination tag helps the exchange assign your XRP to your account. Because of this, you do not lose 20 XRP on the exchange. You only lose the 20 XRP left behind in the wallet that you send from.

This doesn't work with at least some exchanges, because the delete transaction is different to a payment transaction and the exchanges' systems don't recognise it.

ohh ok now i understand.this was the peace i was missing.thank you.

and last question,this is the app right ?

xrpl labs ou.thats the one ? beacuse this app can easily be copycated with malicious intentions.thats one of the reasons i am scared of mobile apps and the second is that i lost some coins(not xrp) in a malicious mobile app after i read people recommand it .to me 99% of them are malicious.just want to make sure i dont do the same mistake again.thanks

Screenshot_20210223-215144.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, xrrrp said:

and last question,this is the app right ?

I believe so, it's the same one I have, although I've never actually used it.

I followed the links from Wietse's Twitter (the developer) and ended up at the same app so I think it's the right one.

Still, don't trust me, make sure you trust it before you download.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.