Biden SEC nominee Gary Gensler set for March 2 confirmation hearing

Jack21

10 hours ago, Cambridge said:

Aren't you a lawyer associated with the SEC who is also working with a potential competitor to Ripple?

If the SEC would have given regulatory clarity, the XRP ecosystem would be further developed. There's more than one entity trying to develop it. 

The fact that the SEC was approached about whether or not to list XRP by an exchange and the SEC didn't provide guidance and then months later sued Ripple, it just shows how badly they've navigated this space.

By that action alone and then bringing the lawsuit before Christmas eve, the SEC hurt retail investors, which is the opposite of protecting them. 

Then the resignations. 

What a disaster. 

I am a lawyer and have been seeking guidance from the SEC, but not on a "competitior" in any way, shape, or form.  Our incubation is the difference between the miscarried fetus the tween aged  homeless, junkie prostitute throws out in  the dumpster at 3 AM.  By comparison our baby  is  the pink lace clad infant the stork brings to your door and later graduates number one at both Harvard med and law  schools and goes on to defuse nuclear missiles in flight, wins  the Super Bowl MVP, and solves the unified field theory problem... XRP is a disaster and I personally lost a small fortune because of the Ripple gang and their garbage tech and racketeering marketing and solicitation scam.  My bad--and I tried to learn from my ignorance by becoming better informed. 

I think the systematic uses of  distributed ledger technologies have great promise, just like democracy has great promise.  But democracy is likely to work better now that Trump is gone, and DLT will perform better and gain more respect without Ripple and most all the thousands of other schemes to defraud which pass as cryptocurrencies. These securities crime rings  should be shut out and the exchnges which offer them should be slammed shut. Some would say that the German SS and the Nazi war machine were a good thing,  but the sooner that forces marshaled sufficient to take the war lords down, then the better off the rest of the  world became with the bad guys reduction to maggots.   The sooner we realize we are on the lawless and  losing side, the better the chances survival become and the less damge is wrought.  I know this will hurt a lot of your tender feelings, but all cryptos in their  present forms are house corrupted gambling, tax evasion,  and money laundering.  The only exceptions are the ones that have no action letters from the SEC or fit under those letters.  The way that is done is to spend a couple million $USD on lawyer fees going through the SEC no action guidamce process. 

The XRP congregation is a cult but the Ripple koolaid costs dearly. 

I am wasting my time here.

Edited by Sporticus

38 minutes ago, Sporticus said:

I am a lawyer and have been seeking guidance from the SEC, but not on a "competitior" in any way, shape, or form.  Our incubation is the difference between the miscarried fetus the tween aged  homeless, junkie prostitute throws out in  the dumpster at 3 AM.  By comparison our baby  is  the pink lace clad infant the stork brings to your door and later graduates number one at both Harvard med and law  schools and goes on to defuse nuclear missiles in flight, wins  the Super Bowl MVP, and solves the unified field theory problem... XRP is a disaster and I personally lost a small fortune because of the Ripple gang and their garbage tech and racketeering marketing and solicitation scam.  My bad--and I tried to learn from my ignorance by becoming better informed. 

I think the systematic uses of  distributed ledger technologies have great promise, just like democracy has great promise.  But democracy is likely to work better now that Trump is gone, and DLT will perform better and gain more respect without Ripple and most all the thousands of other schemes to defraud which pass as cryptocurrencies. These securities crime rings  should be shut out and the exchnges which offer them should be slammed shut. Some would say that the German SS and the Nazi war machine were a good thing,  but the sooner that forces marshaled sufficient to take the war lords down, then the better off the rest of the  world became with the bad guys reduction to maggots.   The sooner we realize we are on the lawless and  losing side, the better the chances survival become and the less damge is wrought.  I know this will hurt a lot of your tender feelings, but all cryptos in their  present forms are house corrupted gambling, tax evasion,  and money laundering.  The only exceptions are the ones that have no action letters from the SEC or fit under those letters.  The way that is done is to spend a couple million $USD on lawyer fees going through the SEC no action guidamce process. 

No you're not wasting time. You have your views and opinion and every right to be heard.

I would agree with you on different circumstances, but to me this is where things don't make sense.

The SEC failed us. They failed US speculators because they waited too long to provide regulatory clarity. It should not have taken years to act if they truly felt XRP should not be sold in the US to retail. The excuse that they were building a case against Ripple is nonsense and pure negligence because it doesn't take eight years to build a case. As early as 2019 they were approached by an exchange for clarity on this issue, and they did not provide it then, yet the SEC wants to use information from prior 2019 to build a case against Ripple? It does not add up. 

My feelings are not tender anymore. My worst experience that has made me battle hardened in crypto was the SEC actions plummeting the price before Christmas, with blatant disregard for the investors they are meant to protect by allowing the leadership to resign and walk away before Christmas and leaving the market in utter chaos. How many sold in panic and fear because of this action? How many? I'm not tender. I have graphene hands at this point and will ride this to freedom come hell or high water because what the SEC did to us was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Sporticus said:

Some would say that the German SS and the Nazi war machine were a good thing,  but the sooner that forces marshaled sufficient to take the war lords down, then the better off the rest of the  world became with the bad guys reduction to maggots. 

Djees guy.. are you really that desperate to make a point?

1 hour ago, Sporticus said:

In what world has democracy ever worked as a form of Govt?  America is not and was never set up as a democracy. It is the educated ignorant such as yourself that make silly and outright false statements because they blindly believe what others tell them.

Yes Americans are told they have a democracy, but that is only because it sounds like the word “democrat” to the ignorant voter.
Look it up for yourself: America is the worlds first and only Representative Republic containing 50 States. No democracy there. Ask the ancient Romans or modern Greece how well a pure democratic process worked for them. Pure democracy always fails miserably, not my facts, just human history.

In America democracy is only a small portion of 1 process (house of reps) within the whole US govt. Hardly it’s definition.

Maybe your gullibility explains why you lost so much money, Perhaps you would be better off giving your money to charity before you lose it all investing in vapor trails left by the savy.

2 hours ago, Sporticus said:

I am a lawyer and have been seeking guidance from the SEC, but not on a "competitior" in any way, shape, or form.  Our incubation is the difference between the miscarried fetus the tween aged  homeless, junkie prostitute throws out in  the dumpster at 3 AM.  By comparison our baby  is  the pink lace clad infant the stork brings to your door and later graduates number one at both Harvard med and law  schools and goes on to defuse nuclear missiles in flight, wins  the Super Bowl MVP, and solves the unified field theory problem...

*peers into stroller*

Oh, how charming!

*strolls away, fast*

You see that head?

11 hours ago, Sporticus said:

Bitstamp and the US exchanges do not allow Americans to trade XRP.

This is a transaction of an American named Jed, transferring 127 million USD to his Bitstamp account, which he made last week by selling XRP for Bitstamp IOU's.

3 hours ago, Sporticus said:

You just said nothing in an extravagant way. Explain how Ripple are on the wrong side of the law. Rather than using stupid analogies to make yourself sound sophisticated.

Edited by Begofend

24 minutes ago, Begofend said:

You just said nothing in an extravagant way. Explain how Ripple are on the wrong side of the law. Rather than using stupid analogies to make yourself sound sophisticated.

We should have a sign at the door that says: ''Facts not fluff''.

5 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

In what world has democracy ever worked as a form of Govt?  America is not and was never set up as a democracy. It is the educated ignorant such as yourself that make silly and outright false statements because they blindly believe what others tell them.

Yes Americans are told they have a democracy, but that is only because it sounds like the word “democrat” to the ignorant voter.
Look it up for yourself: America is the worlds first and only Representative Republic containing 50 States. No democracy there. Ask the ancient Romans or modern Greece how well a pure democratic process worked for them. Pure democracy always fails miserably, not my facts, just human history.

In America democracy is only a small portion of 1 process (house of reps) within the whole US govt. Hardly it’s definition.

Maybe your gullibility explains why you lost so much money, Perhaps you would be better off giving your money to charity before you lose it all investing in vapor trails left by the savy.

Kind of hard to take you any more seriously than you took the guy you responded to.  Rome was not a democracy, and the US was not the world's first representative republic.  Ffs, our system of government was modeled after the Roman republic - call me crazy but if it predates the USA by over 2 millenia, I am not sure how you can say we were the first - more American exceptionalism I guess?  

While there were some Greek democracies, there were also plenty that were not democracies - and they all had their asses soundly kicked by various powers of the day.  Being a democracy didn't have much bearing one way or the other.

The name of the Democratic party comes from democracy, not the other way around.  It is not said simply so that an ignorant voter can make a link to the Democratic party. Americans are told we have a democracy because our representative republic is a form of democracy.

Can we now get back to talking about XRP please?

3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Bye Bye.

On a more serious note

This is something SEC cannot overcome in my opinion no matter how they twist it.

Didn't Coinbase obtain a permit to sell securities sometime late in 2019? Obviously the lawyer on each side are going to be biased towards their client. I actually do listen to Jake Chervinsky on twitter because he's not on the legal team of either side and doesn't really care about the outcome and he's also not trying to rack up youtube views from XRP fans.

Edited by Archbob