RippleX hiring DeFi senior product manager

On 2/16/2021 at 3:26 AM, RobertHarpool said:

I first learned about Bitcoin nearly 10 years ago. I was super exited!

I first learned about Ripple in the summer of 2013. I was ecstatic! 

The things going on now were dreamed of in general back then, but never specifically noodled out.  

This is a specific. 

This is good. 

This is validating. 

It feels like, with Flare Network a whole new round of innovation has begun. People are trying to figure out these new systems again. Starting to consider "what could be done with this?" and "what new capabilities do these new systems have?" From both a technical, economic and market dynamics design perspectives. It has been exciting again for the past few months!

Just like before, I'm impressed with Ripple's foresight and organizational abilities. I've said it before, Ripple will be a Harvard business school case study for decades.

1 hour ago, KarmaCoverage said:

It feels like, with Flare Network a whole new round of innovation has begun. People are trying to figure out these new systems again. Starting to consider "what could be done with this?" and "what new capabilities do these new systems have?" From both a technical, economic and market dynamics design perspectives. It has been exciting again for the past few months!

Just like before, I'm impressed with Ripple's foresight and organizational abilities. I've said it before, Ripple will be a Harvard business school case study for decades.

Yes, the possibilities are back. This is what has brought me back. I can't wait until Flare goes live and we can play around with different possibilities again. Ever since Ripple had to pivot away from peer to peer transactions, most of the features of its ledger have been sitting there dormant. I hope Flare will be the spark (ha!) that gets all these different ledgers working together. If that happens, the ones that have real utility will be able to work together. I think you'll start to see utility rise to the top rather than just speculation.

1 hour ago, brianwalden said:

Yes, the possibilities are back.

So many of those old conversations are going to find a solution. I have Options on XRPL worked out, and KC is essentially going back to the P2P coverage + many new interledger arbitrage strategies becoming possible.

A lot of those dormant XRPL features are going to turn out very valuable. As evidenced by the ETH community spending tons of time reinventing the wheel to create them. There was even an ETH effort to recreate Trustlines. It may still be a thing, lol.

Flare's mix of economic soundness with regards to network security, mixed with the nascent TX fees due to better cryptography (as compared to ETH) and being a neighbor of XRPL'S international settlement ability... is as close to a perfect storm as you are going to get in, the international monetary infrastructure game.

With CBDCs looming on the horizon...

Edited by KarmaCoverage

I think there's something substantial cooking over at RippleX and RippleNet around smart contracts. I can't quite figure out how all of the pieces will fit together, but I believe it will be multifaceted.

We know that L1 (i.e. on-ledger) smart contract functionality for the XRPL is being developed by XRPL Lab (creators of the XUMM App), called Hooks. The lead developer for the proposed amendment is Richard Holland. Here are a few blog posts explaining the functionality of the proposed amendment:

1. Hooked #1: Smart Contracts on the XRP Ledger
  2. Hooked #2: Hooks & Security (Smart Contracts on the XRP Ledger)
  3. Hooked #3: Tech Preview Release (Play with Smart Contracts on the XRP Ledger!)
  4. Hooked #4: Every Microsecond Counts

We also know, via a tweet from Flare Networks, that Ripple (i.e. RippleX formerly xPring @ 27:30 - 28:28owns a 25% stake in the corporate arm of Flare Networks (i.e. Flare Networks Limited). In that same interview Flare's CEO/Co-Founder, Hugo Philion, also talks (@ 28:28 - 29:10) about an important partnership with Securitize and how Securitize (a company Ripple also invested in back in 2018) will utilize the Flare Network to trustlessly issue currencies, tokens, and/or NFTs on the XRPL. Also, Hugo mentioned (@ 25:04 - 27:30) that Flare is looking into other smart contract virtual machine's beyond just EVM that are more secure like Agoric, a lesser known smart contract platform (also a RippleX investee). 

Wtbs, I agree that there's a lot to consider with respect to how RippleX will utilize Flare Networks going forward, but we know that Flare will be an integral part of Ripple's foray into smart contracts. In the same clip above (@ 31:55) Hugo states that Flare has had conversations with RippleX leadership regarding the "lending of XRP in a decentralized smart contract environment" for the XRPL-community. While we haven't heard much about Codius anymore (:sad:), I still think that it may still play an important role. I like to think of Codius as a computing platform that will serve as a standardized ILP paid hosting environment in which a piece of software is executed. Flare could serve as the smart contract generator or operating system that resides within Codius allowing for the execution of confirmable & deterministic outcomes using external data provided by oracles (i.e. FTSO) or Hooks from the XRPL. 

From Ripple's 2020 reflections and the company's 2021 roadmap, it's pretty evident that there's going to be a big push to utilize the many features of the XRPL. From the issuance of fungible tokes (i.e. stablecoins & CBDCs) and even, more recently, Non-Fungible Tokens (i.e. NFTs) and there's even work being done making use of XRPL Decentralized Exchage.  

“We’re expecting the asset tokenization trend to accelerate on XRPL, particularly stablecoin issuance, with multiple production deployments in corporate products built on new and improved tooling,” said Zochowski." 

"Zochowski also believes the XRPL ecosystem is poised to build on significant 2020 achievements with several new major initiatives that will extend its leadership role in DeFi. These include a variety of projects – such as Flare and XRPL Transaction Hooks – enabling expanded smart contract functionality for XRP users and developers. He also says the XRP community is returning to its roots by exploring fungible tokens and a decentralized exchange on XRPL." (Quote from 2021 Roadmap).

I feel like 2021 has the potential to be a banner year for RippleNet, RippleX, and the XRPL/XRP, especially if Ripple can get this SEC lawsuit settled and done with!! 

Edited by King34Maine