Jump to content

Possible explanations for upward price movement


Recommended Posts

a) XRP is moving to keep step with other coins. The XRPBTC and XRPETH charts had fallen so low that an up move was inevitable. Long was the only position that made sense at those levels and so we are seeing xrp make up some ground ( I personally think this is most likely)

b) Smart money has decided (or knows) that the SEC situation is not going to have a long term impact on xrp and so we are now seeing the first moments of a bull run

 c) Insider information is suggesting that the SEC situation will be resolved sooner than expected and in a positive way for xrp, so smart money is moving in which inevitable pushes up the price

 d) This has nothing to do with the SEC, nothing about the situation has fundamentally changed, and this is a pump and dump. We will stop somewhere between here and around 70 cents and then crash back to at least 20, probably lower (this is the worst case scenario)

 What do you guys think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

a) or c) or some combination of both. 

b) Not likely as we all know the SEC could have a significant negative long-term impact if they wanted to. Although I really don't think that's what they want. 

d) Not likely as this rise doesn't follow the typical signature pattern of a pump and dump. We definitely could see some profit taking around $0.70, but $0.20 is unlikely unless there's is some unforeseen bad news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

The last four days have seen morning pumps right around the time Asia is awake and ready to trade.

From what Eri's been telling us, there's a lot happening in that sector with SBI and others, and they could care less about our dysfunction SEC and their shenanigans.

This could be part of it, eh ? 

Yes I suppose so but it’s hard to deny that Ripple trouble = XRP trouble no matter where you are in the world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Population of the world: 7,655M

Population of the US: 328M (i.e. 4%) 

Prices clearly aren't being driven up by U.S. exchanges, as most have suspended trading. 

Thus...

e) The world doesn't care about the issues or hubris of people in the US. They recognize the XRPL for what it is: vastly superior tech to anything else going. (Dumb new money buys BTC & ETH, then when they learn better, value cascades into XRP...It's happened in multiple discernible waves over the last decade.) 

 

 

Edited by RobertHarpool
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seoulite said:

a) XRP is moving to keep step with other coins. The XRPBTC and XRPETH charts had fallen so low that an up move was inevitable. Long was the only position that made sense at those levels and so we are seeing xrp make up some ground ( I personally think this is most likely)

Looking here :- https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/XRPBTC/

(looking at the 3 month view)....XRP is fairly much (after the SEC crash) following BTC (forget the pump and dump spike which was an outlier).  It's moving up slightly against BTC, but then alts are moving up massively against BTC in recent days so you'd expect this.  I just think XRP's price is being moved by the market in general.  People are throwing money at everything now...we're very much in a bubble...it's just a case of how long it's going to last.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Looking here :- https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/XRPBTC/

(looking at the 3 month view)....XRP is fairly much (after the SEC crash) following BTC (forget the pump and dump spike which was an outlier).  It's moving up slightly against BTC, but then alts are moving up massively against BTC in recent days so you'd expect this.  I just think XRP's price is being moved by the market in general.  People are throwing money at everything now...we're very much in a bubble...it's just a case of how long it's going to last.

what do you think of XRP and XLM being so tied up together? Is XLM following XRP as it always did or could XRP be following XLM? Regardless, I'm interested to know your guys thoughts on what will happen if we shoot up past $2 etc, will XLM still be trailing us? I'm still 50/50 split between these two and very tempted to go all into XRP 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobertHarpool said:

Population of the world: 7,655M

Population of the US: 328M (i.e. 4%) 

Prices clearly aren't being driven up by U.S. exchanges, as most have suspended trading. 

Thus...

e) The world doesn't care about the issues or hubris of people in the US. They recognize the XRPL for what it is: vastly superior tech to anything else going. (Dumb new money buys BTC & ETH, then when they learn better, value cascades into XRP...It's happened in multiple discernible waves over the last decade.) 

 

 

While the US population is relatively small worldwide it’s purchasing power is miles ahead of anyone else. For that reason alone it can’t be discounted. 
however I agree with you to an extent. SBI coming out strongly for ripple in the early days of the SEC was huge, and may have steadied a number of other wavering hands. We will never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billion said:

what do you think of XRP and XLM being so tied up together? Is XLM following XRP as it always did or could XRP be following XLM? Regardless, I'm interested to know your guys thoughts on what will happen if we shoot up past $2 etc, will XLM still be trailing us? I'm still 50/50 split between these two and very tempted to go all into XRP 

I don’t follow XLM so I don’t know what to say about it. Seems like XLM has been tied to XRP for as long as I can remember. IMO flare sends xrp to a new level that xlm won’t reach until it too is added to flare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seoulite said:

While the US population is relatively small worldwide it’s purchasing power is miles ahead of anyone else. For that reason alone it can’t be discounted. 
however I agree with you to an extent. SBI coming out strongly for ripple in the early days of the SEC was huge, and may have steadied a number of other wavering hands. We will never know.

Yeah ... ur certainly right about the size of the US economy compared to any other one country.

Remember tho, Santander (Europe) self identifies as a "Ripple Evangelist" ... Ripple has already partnered with many of the top 10 banks in India. They are the toast of the town in Korea .... and the protocol is all but a second language in Japan.  

Like Ripple pointed out in the SEC filing and the Q4 report, the overwhelming majority of XRP transactions occur outside of the US. And since little is happening here now due to delistings...then the price increase is likely not about us/US 

Our failure to move more readily to the metric system of crypto is only hurting US. 

 

(grammar edit)

 

Edited by RobertHarpool
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, Seoulite said:

a) XRP is moving to keep step with other coins. The XRPBTC and XRPETH charts had fallen so low that an up move was inevitable. Long was the only position that made sense at those levels and so we are seeing xrp make up some ground ( I personally think this is most likely)

b) Smart money has decided (or knows) that the SEC situation is not going to have a long term impact on xrp and so we are now seeing the first moments of a bull run

 c) Insider information is suggesting that the SEC situation will be resolved sooner than expected and in a positive way for xrp, so smart money is moving in which inevitable pushes up the price

 d) This has nothing to do with the SEC, nothing about the situation has fundamentally changed, and this is a pump and dump. We will stop somewhere between here and around 70 cents and then crash back to at least 20, probably lower (this is the worst case scenario)

 What do you guys think?

Most definitely (a).

It's XRP's turn and over the next few months I would expect to see it push up around previous ATH, similar to every other coin right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.