How much XRP does Jed still have?

Jack21

16 hours ago, zerpian said:

I noticed Jed's selling wallet is almost depleted and hasn't got replenished for several days now. Has this happened before too or just a coincidence? 

it happens every month or two, https://xrpscan.com/tx/1416E5B4CFC4D029A6FFD091CA8E5189F118E2AD80EA5D62E5106DE63550ABE0

627 million refill yesterday, should keep him going for a few weeks more ...

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Two months later and he is now at 1.975 Billion. Keep on dumping them Jed, I cannot wait to get you of our backs!!!

I hope the trading volume continues like this. If so, July will be the first target for him running out. If not, I am sure that it will take no longer than early Autumn.

By the way, I take it as a good sign that the sales only took 70minutes.

Edited by Triceratops

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Since yesterday Jed has less than 1,5 Billion left.

Took him less than a month to dump half a billion zerps.

Before the end of August his stuck will be depleted, maybe even sooner.

Keep up the good work Jed!!!

August would be great, but with the current volume mid to end September will be more realistic. I really hope that we will see higher volumes for June or July. Would make the whole process much faster.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, Jack21 said:

Thanks so much for the really helpful info. After that date, there will be less supply and hopefully more demand from new people entering crypto. 

Less supply? XRP has always had a fixed supply from day 1.

Ripple Labs has a structured escrow that allows dumping 1 billion XRP a month for the next 3 years.
After that ends you can talk free market value and decentralization.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:29 AM, Guest said:

There are three wallets in play here:

#1 the daily sell wallet

https://xrpscan.com/account/rLkMJhSVwhmummLjJPVrwQRZZYiYQhVQ1A

This is his sell wallet to which his daily allowed XRP is sent, and sold for Bitstamp USD IOU's, then sold on the Bitstamp exchange.

It is replenished every day at 9:01 GMT, and sold one hour later starting at 10:01 GMT over the course of an hour to an hour and a half. Only very occasionally he stops and picks up at a later time that day. I think that has something to do with high volatility. He may not be allowed to sell in a volatile market.

It has just been refilled and  now contains 19,093,405 XRP which he will start selling  in 45 minutes.

#2 the tacostand wallet

https://xrpscan.com/account/rEhKZcz5Ndjm9BzZmmKrtvhXPnSWByssDv

This is the wallet that sends funds to the daily sell wallet. This is Jed's wallet.

It now has 461,412,422 XRP, and it is monthly or so refilled by the third wallet, which is under control of Ripple

#3 the Ripple controlled wallet

https://xrpscan.com/account/rDbWJ9C7uExThZYAwV8m6LsZ5YSX3sa6US

This is where the main funds are. It is a multi-sign account which is under conrol of Ripple. Every month or so a big lump of XRP is sent to the tacostand wallet.

It now has 2,491,798,051 XRP.

So to summarize, at this moment jed has stil l 2,972,303,878 XRP (2.9 BILLION).

When he continues to sell at the current rate of 19 million per day, he will be sold out in 156 days, which is on

Sunday, July 18, 2021

No later than that day, we can expect that Jed's sell pressure is gone!

However:

* The volume will probably increase, which will allow him to sell more than 19 million per day

* He may not sell all his XRP

* He could be allowed to sell a big lump at once, for example, to a big bank.

Brilliant, thanks. This is what i was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well 3 months ago I was hoping around this time Jed would be out of XRP. Well I was wrong :lol:

The low volume during the summer did not help his sales.

Still just over 700M left to go, but he has stopped dumping for more than 2 weeks!!!

Anyone has the slightest idea what is going on?

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

Well 3 months ago I was hoping around this time Jed would be out of XRP. Well I was wrong :lol:

The low volume during the summer did not help his sales.

Still just over 700M left to go, but he has stopped dumping for more than 2 weeks!!!

Anyone has the slightest idea what is going on?

I don't know. Jed received his last big chunk from Ripple and then just stopped selling. As far as I know, the agreement doesn't require him to sell, it just puts a limit on how much he can sell each day. If it was a simple coding error with his bot, I would have thought he would have fixed it after a day or two.