If XRP is an "Investment Contract" per SEC, where did I sign?

I was just watching a presentation by incoming SEC Chair Gary Gensler and he said that Clayton was right to consider if crypto was "an investment contract"?

..."If it is, then it's a security. If it's not, its not a security." Around mark 48:50, whole video worth a watch. 

Just off the cuff, I never signed a contract to buy XRP. & if I remember right, legally binding contracts, require being written and signed.

Additionally, very interesting the percentage of liquidity that was not USD/EURO.

Edited by KarmaCoverage
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was just watching a presentation by incoming SEC Chair Gary Gensler and he said that Clayton was right to consider if crypto was "an investment contract"? ..."If it is, then it's a security. If

10 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I was just watching a presentation by incoming SEC Chair Gary Gensler and he said that Clayton was right to consider if crypto was "an investment contract"?

..."If it is, then it's a security. If it's not, its not a security." Around mark 48:50, whole video worth a watch. 

Just off the cuff, I never signed a contract to buy XRP. & if I remember right, legally binding contracts, require being written and signed.

We can buy and sell XRP's to eachother without a problem. If I sell to you, than you are not depending on my efforts to make XRP increase in market value.

It could be different when Ripple or it's founders sell it into the open market, or to big investors. That is what the case is about as far as I can tell and understand US law.

Luckily it is much more complex than that. Because is ETH not very dependant on the ETH foundation, and BTC not very depending on Coinbase and Gemini twins, and DogeCoin not very depending on how well Tesla does?

13 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

Additionally, very interesting the percentage of liquidity that was not USD/EURO.

Thanks for this very relevant Post.  No Contract is valid until it is Signed with a Wet Signature, ie; By hand with pen & Ink . Hence XRP is not a Security, End of Story !!!