If the SEC had never happened, would the XRP community be more excited about Flare?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like I must be missing something huge right now because I think Flare is going to be massive for XRP and massive in its own right but so few people seem to be talking about it, let alone excite

Absolutely right; FLR is huge and it makes XRP huger   Ripplenet + XRP + ODL + Spark (SC and Defi)  - what a combination of assets it was for .26 cents.  Truly was the bargain of a lifetime.

@WarChest, a simplified summary - 1. Flare has the runtime environment of Ethereum, with a different consensus mechanism. I won’t go into details of the consensus mechanism here. 2. Flare ca

At first I thought it was good too,
but my expectations were somewhat dampened by Bitstamp's behavior.

Until today I have not received any message how many Sparks I should get. This does not put Bitstamp in a good light, as they have always been the most reputable exchange for me.

5 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

At first I thought it was good too,
but my expectations were somewhat dampened by Bitstamp's behavior.

Until today I have not received any message how many Sparks I should get. This does not put Bitstamp in a good light, as they have always been the most reputable exchange for me.

A quick google suggests to me that they are doing what some other exchanges are doing which is giving you your spark as they are distributed by Flare. So basically they will just add a spark custodial wallet onto your account, day 1 drop 15% of what's yours and then 3% per month after that. How many spark you get depends on how many xrp you had on the exchange at the time. If you had 100 xrp then you will get 15 spark on day 1, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

A quick google suggests to me that they are doing what some other exchanges are doing which is giving you your spark as they are distributed by Flare. So basically they will just add a spark custodial wallet onto your account, day 1 drop 15% of what's yours and then 3% per month after that. How many spark you get depends on how many xrp you had on the exchange at the time. If you had 100 xrp then you will get 15 spark on day 1, etc. 

In theory, yes, but the company has not lived up to its statements and that reflects poorly on the exchange.

This is what they wrote:

Where can I claim Spark?
You don’t have to claim Spark tokens yourself. Bitstamp will claim them on your behalf as soon as the Flare network launches and they become available. We will let you know when that happens and instruct you in case you need to take action.

Will I be able to buy Spark tokens at Bitstamp?
Supporting the airdrop does not necessarily mean we will be listing the Spark token. We are currently in the process of evaluating support for Spark at Bitstamp.

Will you send a confirmation when you have made the snapshot?
If you held XRP in your account on 12 December 2020, we are going to send you an email in January 2021 with information on exactly how much XRP you held during the snapshot. If you don’t receive our email by the end of January 2021, send us a message at support@bitstamp.net.

I have already written to support on February 2 and have not received a reply yet.

Bitstamp is silent and that worries me because I actually want to use the exchange also to sell my XRP later, but I'm starting not to trust them anymore.

25 minutes ago, RussianStandards said:

Admittedly I haven’t taken the time to research Flare but I think it’s time I did. 

I sure hope you are right!

I would start here. I can't stand his name but the man puts out excellent videos explaining what Flare is and how it relates to XRP. 

3 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

In theory, yes, but the company has not lived up to its statements and that reflects poorly on the exchange.

This is what they wrote:

I have already written to support on February 2 and have not received a reply yet.

Bitstamp is silent and that worries me because I actually want to use the exchange also to sell my XRP later, but I'm starting not to trust them anymore.

Hmm yeah OK I can see how the green part would annoy you. Flare did say that they tried to get 'agreements' from exchanges that they would give all spark over to the holders. Presumably none of that is binding, but it would be a pretty big mistake to not give you what you are owed. I agree that it would suck but we are trusting exchanges at this point. This is why I ended up putting most of my xrp on my ledger for the snapshot, then I knew I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with an exchange. 

15 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

This is what they wrote:

Damn, ive been a bit worried by Bitstamp lack of communication on the matter too. I emailed on Jan 28th or something and nothing back yet. 

they claim they will send out an email before Feb and alas.. nothing yet.

what else makes you worried?

Absolutely right; FLR is huge and it makes XRP huger  

Ripplenet + XRP + ODL + Spark (SC and Defi)  - what a combination of assets it was for .26 cents.  Truly was the bargain of a lifetime.

SEC casts a long shadow, good projects like ADA and DOT compete for ETH's largess and are growing very fast in a bull market that has a long way to run, and wall of money is about to hit crypto.

With so much going on it is sometimes hard to keep everything that is happening in relative perspective within the whole.   

14 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

I agree that it's potentially very exciting, but the system has to be USED to have long term value. Until the real world is using Flare smart contracts for real purposes, shifting real money, it's just a speculation token circle jerk. 

I find it difficult to believe that an airdrop supported by almost every major exchange on the planet wouldn't have traction. We are not talking about some unknown ER20 token here. You think exchanges won't add FLR pairs to get in on some trading action? They are ALL going to be creating wallets for it. I mean maybe I'm reading too much into it, but we had the biggest exchanges in the world in on this thing. Isn't that in itself a massive mark in Flare's favor?

I'm excited. I want to learn more, but it's hard to find good resources. The thing with crypto in general is that 99% of the people are just in it hoping the prices go up. That's fine, they can be interested for whatever reason they want. But it's hard to find people who really want to understand the technology, it's capabilities, and potential.

47 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

I'm excited. I want to learn more, but it's hard to find good resources. The thing with crypto in general is that 99% of the people are just in it hoping the prices go up. That's fine, they can be interested for whatever reason they want. But it's hard to find people who really want to understand the technology, it's capabilities, and potential.

As I said above, I would start here. I can't stand his name but the man puts out excellent videos explaining what Flare is and how it relates to XRP. It is Micky B Fresh's channel. The videos are short and sweet.

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

I find it difficult to believe that an airdrop supported by almost every major exchange on the planet wouldn't have traction. We are not talking about some unknown ER20 token here. You think exchanges won't add FLR pairs to get in on some trading action? They are ALL going to be creating wallets for it. I mean maybe I'm reading too much into it, but we had the biggest exchanges in the world in on this thing. Isn't that in itself a massive mark in Flare's favor?

I'm not saying FLR won't increase in price - it may well do. But what the network needs for longevity and sustained price elevation is real world use by sizeable economic actors, not crypto fanbois finding greater fools to sell to.

I mean look at Ethereum, hundreds of tokens, tons of devs, but what is its impact on the financial system outside of crypto? Pretty much nil, so far.

21 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

I'm not saying FLR won't increase in price - it may well do. But what the network needs for longevity and sustained price elevation is real world use by sizeable economic actors, not crypto fanbois finding greater fools to sell to.

I mean look at Ethereum, hundreds of tokens, tons of devs, but what is its impact on the financial system outside of crypto? Pretty much nil, so far.

Sure but there are issues with scaling and cost in ETH that have been solved by Flare. That is what makes it so exciting in my view. Crypto Eri in her latest video said ETH transaction fees crossed $50(!) for the first time recently, and for complex programs fees can run into a thousand dollars. I've seen stuff on twitter like people who are buying BTC for the first time and complaining because it takes hours and hours to complete the transaction. It makes me sad that people are being introduced to crypto with this crappy tech.

AFAIK Flare has solved POW and POS. This is groundbreaking.