This is consistent with Hester's comments from the other day on Real Vision.  This is also consistent with most level-headed analysis of the proceedings.   My interpretation is that there will most likely be some settlement indicating wrongdoing by Brad, Chris and potentially, though less likely Ripple itself.  In the course of this it will be decided that the asset itself, XRP, is in fact not a security.  The sad fact is that should this likely scenario play out most XRP holders in the US who sold on the way down will likely face a far more expensive re-entry on the way back up due to the lag in US exchanges re-opening access.  We will probably learn of the settlement a day or two before its announced via enormous price action upwards.  

Yes, Brian Brooks predictions are in par with what other legal experts are predicting as most likely outcome.  The litigation will be focused on how Ripple violated security investment contracts in the past, rather than debating XRP is currently a security.  Then it is just a matter of exactly when and what settlement agreements will be made between SEC and Ripple.

Edited by wogojump
2 hours ago, aavkk said:

This is consistent with Hester's comments from the other day on Real Vision.  This is also consistent with most level-headed analysis of the proceedings.   My interpretation is that there will most likely be some settlement indicating wrongdoing by Brad, Chris and potentially, though less likely Ripple itself.  In the course of this it will be decided that the asset itself, XRP, is in fact not a security.  The sad fact is that should this likely scenario play out most XRP holders in the US who sold on the way down will likely face a far more expensive re-entry on the way back up due to the lag in US exchanges re-opening access.  We will probably learn of the settlement a day or two before its announced via enormous price action upwards.  

Let's hope that CryptoBull2020 is correct!

Yes from the beginning I have surmised that this would get settled quickly rather than having it drag out.

Brad and Chris will pay some kind of fine and then XRP will be determined to not be a security.  I'm hoping it is classified as a "currency" but who knows.

Something is fishy with all the exchanges halting trading though.

12 hours ago, wogojump said:

Yes, Brian Brooks predictions are in par with what other legal experts are predicting as most likely outcome.  The litigation will be focused on how Ripple violated security investment contracts in the past, rather than debating XRP is currently a security.  Then it is just a matter of exactly when and what settlement agreements will be made between SEC and Ripple.

Great news! still no regulatory clarity it means. Still no explicit OK for XRP.

11 hours ago, Barefooter said:

Brad and Chris will pay some kind of fine and then XRP will be determined to not be a security.  I'm hoping it is classified as a "currency" but who knows.

Since the case is not about whether or not XRP is a security it will not be determined a (non-)security. So it won't be classified as currency either. It would still be regulatory unclarity after which Ripple hides the poor adoption of XRP.

17 hours ago, yugioh said:

What are your thoughts guys ?

I mean I hope so. I WANT to believe! But this will take many many months anyway, minimum. Best case mid 2021. Worse case, well into 2022 (or SEC wins...). 

I was watching Bloomberg today and they've all become fairly pro bitcoin or at least accept the narrative on which it's based, and they shat all over XRP. COuldn't believe what I was watching, but I also couldn't blame them. It's a total disaster of a situation that could have been prevented by better mgmt at Ripple IMO