Jump to content

Jed's XRP sales prediction Feb 7-14 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's worth pointing out the difference between ripple's sales and Jed's. I did some extensive research on it in this thread https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/28981-analysis-of-ripples-xrp-sales/ and this

Apologies for taking so long to get around to this. I modified my scripts, but for reasons I could not explain, my graphs just didn't look right. Last night I played some more and found the root of th

https://coil.com/p/jbjnr/Jed-s-XRP-sales-prediction-Feb-7-14-2021/c8TnlyFWA I tidied up my plots and scripts and posted an article to coil on the subject of Jed's sales. TL;DR - I'm estimati

@jbjnr

Thank you for your effort. This looks very good, the only thing that could be added would be a prediction algorithm, but in my opinion this is not really needed.
The shifted plots visualize the sales - volume rate excellently and from there one can do a fairly good prediction. In the end it doesn't really matter if he is selling 30m or 35m as long as we can estimate the rough amount.

If we assume that he is selling 30m a day, do you think that this will have an impact on prize? (maybe if the volume goes back a tad bit?)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Triceratops said:

@jbjnr

Thank you for your effort. This looks very good, the only thing that could be added would be a prediction algorithm, but in my opinion this is not really needed.
The shifted plots visualize the sales - volume rate excellently and from there one can do a fairly good prediction. In the end it doesn't really matter if he is selling 30m or 35m as long as we can estimate the rough amount.

If we assume that he is selling 30m a day, do you think that this will have an impact on prize? (maybe if the volume goes back a tad bit?)
 

Well, I must confess, that last year, I used to monitor his sales and when he started selling on a given day when his sales were high, I would sell a chunk when he started, wait an hour or so until the sales completed and then buy back. The days with high sales would sometimes cause a temporary drop that I would benefit from and gain a thousand or so xrp each day. the price usually recovers quite quickly. Now I have a trading bot that can monitor the order books on bitstamp and the DEX and trade the arbitrage between the two, (but I have not allowed it to go live - lots of other bots are doing the same to take advantage of Jeds's sales and I wonder how many xrpcchat readers are running them). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

Well, I must confess, that last year, I used to monitor his sales and when he started selling on a given day when his sales were high, I would sell a chunk when he started, wait an hour or so until the sales completed and then buy back. The days with high sales would sometimes cause a temporary drop that I would benefit from and gain a thousand or so xrp each day. the price usually recovers quite quickly. Now I have a trading bot that can monitor the order books on bitstamp and the DEX and trade the arbitrage between the two, (but I have not allowed it to go live - lots of other bots are doing the same to take advantage of Jeds's sales and I wonder how many xrpcchat readers are running them). 

I did also think about this for some time. I sadly dont have that much time t the moment but my first step would be to plot and analyze data about the sales and how the market is reacting. This can then be combined with the price trend and then one could predict a "good" arbitrage situation. I am sure you and many others are doing something in this direction.
Which language did you use to program your bot, C++, Python or something else? I might give the newly released Python kit a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks jbjnr for sharing your research, observations and theories with us.
It is all quite fascinating, and somewhat reassuring of the resiliency and inelasticity of the global XRP market.

I find it just a tad ironic, that in a way, Jed is providing one useful service to the health of the XRP market...

He's helping grow the depth and breadth of the liquidity of our precious. 
Which, in itself, is an important requirement to effect ODL's eventual success, amirite ?!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

 

He's helping grow the depth and breadth of the liquidity of our precious. 
Which, in itself, is an important requirement to effect ODL's eventual success, amirite ?!! 

Dont think I could have come to that conclusion with every pump and dump at .48 that I watched.  But then I'd read how millions of xrp were transferred and came to realize someone had a plan.  The fact that it didnt drive the price into the .00x range gave me confidence that someone wanted his xrp

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

I find it just a tad ironic, that in a way, Jed is providing one useful service to the health of the XRP market...

He's helping grow the depth and breadth of the liquidity of our precious. 
Which, in itself, is an important requirement to effect ODL's eventual success, amirite ?!! 

Indeed. Everyone moans about Jed and Chris and Brad "Dumping" their tokens, but next week, Jed will sell ~150m at a price of over a dollar (we hope much more), and whoever buys them isn't going to want to sell them right away at $0.2. I did a back of the envelope check on Brads sales listed in the SEC docs and he sold $150m worth at an average price of $0.45 ( I think that's what I remember) - people who think this somehow caused the price to sink to $0.2 are somewhat deluded. 

R3, SBI, coil and anyone else with billions of them might be dumping hard and trashing the price, but these controlled sales in general don't generally seem to cause a big problem. We will see next week how much of an effect Jed has. Probably none.

Note that the CryptoCompare data isn't complete and I will keep checking for the missing days of volume as it might affect the numbers (8th april falls into the period of two weeks before next week's sales, so my estimate might actually be too low).

NB. Random thought that just occurred to me - I have been assuming Jed's sales are based on xrp volume, but maybe they are based on $$$volume and maybe that's why my charts are out - as the price has risen, recently, it might explain the offsets in the graph. Must check it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@jbjnrThank you so much for all the effort and work that you’re putting in for us <3 This thread is gold. More people should visit here regularly. After all, we ALL want Jed to run out of zerps! In an ideal world, he’d run out well before the bullrun is over. 
 

I can’t imagine the effect Jed running out of zerps in a bullmarket with FOMO would have on the price, both from a sell pressure/volume standpoint and a psychological perspective on the market. The zerps would be out there in so many different hands. Many of which would hold and cause more scarcity, if only temporarily. I’m sure the net effect would be pretty profound and positive. 

Edited by Neurotoxin
I wanted to add a few thoughts.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed over the last few days that Jed seems to be using this new wallet to liquidate his XRP: https://xrpscan.com/account/rwsiRpi2PQmyhjeg48wNGyXPNRtGhgyURJ

It was activated on April 26th. His usual wallet has been pretty quiet ever since and given the amount being liquidated from the new one, it seems clear to me this is his new "daily sell" wallet. I just thought it was curious that he would switch up his routine now after so long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, efFofexX said:

I noticed over the last few days that Jed seems to be using this new wallet to liquidate his XRP: https://xrpscan.com/account/rwsiRpi2PQmyhjeg48wNGyXPNRtGhgyURJ

It was activated on April 26th. His usual wallet has been pretty quiet ever since and given the amount being liquidated from the new one, it seems clear to me this is his new "daily sell" wallet. I just thought it was curious that he would switch up his routine now after so long.

He has committed to donate some of his funds to charity and stopped selling from the main wallets before, whilst sales from others go ahead - this may be for the same reason, or it might just be to do with some internal accounting of his where certain funds are allocated to some other person/project and summing sales from a new wallet is just easier when the accounts are done some time in the future. (My guess is that he is allocating funds from a certain date onwards to some person/project/charity and it just makes the accounting easier).   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbjnr said:

He has committed to donate some of his funds to charity and stopped selling from the main wallets before, whilst sales from others go ahead - this may be for the same reason, or it might just be to do with some internal accounting of his where certain funds are allocated to some other person/project and summing sales from a new wallet is just easier when the accounts are done some time in the future. (My guess is that he is allocating funds from a certain date onwards to some person/project/charity and it just makes the accounting easier). 

$100M+ (so far) is a hell of a charitable contribution, but that would explain the sudden change. I wasn't aware of his past donations, and that makes more sense than opening a new personal wallet for no apparent reason. I'll still keep an eye on it out of curiosity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, efFofexX said:

$100M+ (so far) is a hell of a charitable contribution

It might appear so but Jed is actually the biggest beneficiary as he claims a tax credit on the contributions that cost him nothing. He still gets to pocket about 40% of the $100m.

Another variation of tax "minimisation" which is being exploited right now in the land of the wealthy CEO is to use insider information to game the donation of shares to charities. As reported recently in this paper from a team at Duke Law School:

Quote

We find that large shareholders’ gifts are suspiciously well timed. Stock prices rise abnormally about 6% during the one-year period before the gift date and they fall abnormally by about 4% during the one year after the gift date, meaning that large shareholders tend to find the perfect day on which to give.

These results are almost certainly not the result of luck. To the contrary, our research lets us identify information leakage as the most important cause of these results: executives seem to provide large shareholders with material non-public information, who then use it to time gifts.

We also find a second explanation to be supported, though its magnitude is smaller – backdating. The telltale sign of backdating is that the givers’ extraordinary luck tends to grow alongside the delay they take in reporting the gift. A donor who waits a few weeks to report a gift can cherry pick the very best date to retroactively claim their gift was consummated. That is precisely what we find. The data regarding gifts of stocks from corporate officers and directors taken together with stock gifts of large shareholders suggest enough insider giving for every public company to be subject to it every year.

(https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3795537)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pablo said:

It might appear so but Jed is actually the biggest beneficiary as he claims a tax credit on the contributions that cost him nothing. He still gets to pocket about 40% of the $100m.

Another variation of tax "minimisation" which is being exploited right now in the land of the wealthy CEO is to use insider information to game the donation of shares to charities. As reported recently in this paper from a team at Duke Law School:

 

It’s amazing how these already super rich people go on and cheat the system to milk out even more amounts of money that they don’t even need. They do it just because they can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

It’s amazing how these already super rich people go on and cheat the system to milk out even more amounts of money that they don’t even need. They do it just because they can. 

Here's what's more amazing: as they are taxed at higher rates in the coming years (which, as an old lefty, I completely support), the "game" of donating shares/tokens to charity using otherwise unlawful inside information becomes even more lucrative!

If the SEC is serious about protecting investors, maybe they could stop mucking about and close that loophole? That applies to crypto founders and insiders too, most of whom have been mining that rich seam of tax minimisation for years.

The best ones are those who donate to their own soi-disant "charitable" not-for-profit organisations that they set up themselves and whose main focus actually increases the value of their own holdings.

Edited by Pablo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.