Q4 2020 XRP Markets Report

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sales (net of purchases) is moving in the wrong direction. Majority of investors and community want to see this go down, not up.  I also counted Sec being mentioned 13 times in the article, while 0 me

Its all sour grapes, the tune would be different had XRP & their holdings reached ATH or better, after the sec announcement if the claim had been thrown out as soon as Clayton left. Brad &amp

I dunno. Assuming the SEC's numbers are correct, Chris sold about 15-20% of his XRP holdings. So what? I have too. So has most anyone who has seen an increase in value to their investment in abou

Sales (net of purchases) is moving in the wrong direction. Majority of investors and community want to see this go down, not up.  I also counted Sec being mentioned 13 times in the article, while 0 mentions of Chris or Brad. A lot of blame being pointed at Sec, while Chris and Brad are responsible for dumping XRP and creating a target on themselves and Ripple.

2 hours ago, wogojump said:

Sales (net of purchases) is moving in the wrong direction. Majority of investors and community want to see this go down, not up.  I also counted Sec being mentioned 13 times in the article, while 0 mentions of Chris or Brad. A lot of blame being pointed at Sec, while Chris and Brad are responsible for dumping XRP and creating a target on themselves and Ripple.

I dunno.

Assuming the SEC's numbers are correct, Chris sold about 15-20% of his XRP holdings. So what? I have too. So has most anyone who has seen an increase in value to their investment in about anything. It also shouldn't matter that Brad sold (all) his either....except it highlights that 1.) Brad is a liar for saying he's long and 2.) Brad never got on board with the possibilities of what XRP can do. Either or both of these facts should be grounds for Ripple to start looking for a better face to their organization. Someone who is honest. Someone with vision. 

5 minutes ago, panmores said:

If we just had some reliable (independent) source for that "ODL experienced 12x year-over-year growth" which keeps popping up since recently.

...but where was it after SEC closed down on Ripple?  That might have been x 12 up to 20 Dec and near zero after that date?

I am sure the dispute will be resolved and ODL is proven tech that will find a place in future, but have they told us what impact SEC has had on that x12 figure.  I have not read the report.

25 minutes ago, RobertHarpool said:

I dunno.

Assuming the SEC's numbers are correct, Chris sold about 15-20% of his XRP holdings. So what? I have too. So has most anyone who has seen an increase in value to their investment in about anything. It also shouldn't matter that Brad sold (all) his either....except it highlights that 1.) Brad is a liar for saying he's long and 2.) Brad never got on board with the possibilities of what XRP can do. Either or both of these facts should be grounds for Ripple to start looking for a better face to their organization. Someone who is honest. Someone with vision. 

I have a lot of time for CL, his vision and charitable good causes, but on this issue he has mis-stepped.  The value of his and Brads sales were put at 600 million.  I estimated that Jeds sales are greater.  We do not know Athur Britto's sales.  Ripple have sold 13,000 million, which is less than the founders have sold.  This is not right and is in urgent need of regulatory clarity. 

About BG I am in complete agreement with you

30 minutes ago, RobertHarpool said:

I dunno.

Brad saying he’s long Xrp was taken out of context. Read ripple’s Answer to SEC. He said he was long Xrp as a proportion of his total assets. So he might have sold a big chunk of his Xrp, but the rest he had, proportional to his assets, he could have still been long. 

5 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Brad saying he’s long Xrp was taken out of context. Read ripple’s Answer to SEC. He said he was long Xrp as a proportion of his total assets. So he might have sold a big chunk of his Xrp, but the rest he had, proportional to his assets, he could have still been long. 

In my understanding, you are having a long position when you buy a stock/currency/crypto etc. So as long as someone ownes 1 XRP, they are long. I think Brad still is long (i'm pretty sure he left at least 20 xrp in his wallet ;) )

That said, I completely agree with the number 2. by RobertHarpool...

3 hours ago, princesultan said:

Please tell me what context that statement can be used in that doesn’t Make Brad either a liar, intentionally manipulative, or stupid. It has to be one of those three. There are literally no other answers.

32 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Please tell me what context that statement can be used in that doesn’t Make Brad either a liar, intentionally manipulative, or stupid. It has to be one of those three. There are literally no other answers.

What’s the % of xrp that brad still holds compared to what he sold? If he only sold a minority, and he’s holding a majority, then it’s not lying. 

10 minutes ago, princesultan said:

What’s the % of xrp that brad still holds compared to what he sold? If he only sold a minority, and he’s holding a majority, then it’s not lying. 

Contrary to Ripple's big initial lie that escrows are only sold, not touched by Ripple (they siphon off huge amounts each month), one would assume that some of the hundreds of millions of XRP Ripple takes off escrow end up as incentives / bonuses / payouts for execs. So it hardly is a fixed amount, Brad has likely huge control over the additional XRP he's getting regularly - which of course is at the discretion of the Board of Directors. So he can make sure to never run out of own XRP liquidity.

5 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

You tell us. He just explained what long means in investment terminology and you made a counter claim so the onus is on you to explain and prove your claim not the other way around you kalb.