Are you diversifying your XRP bags? If so, what are you buying?

Poll: Are you diversifying your XRP bags? If so, what are you buying?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are you diversifying your XRP bags? If so, what are you buying?

• No way man, I am 100% XRP. XRP is in my blood, *it's in ma bones*
    • Yes, I've bought some BTC
    • Yes, I've bought some ETH
    • Yes, I've bought some XLM
    • Yes, I've bought some DOT
    • Yes, I've bought some FLR (IOUs)
    • Yes, I've bought some ADA
    • Yes, I've bought some LINK
    • Yes, I've bought some hail mary coin that is currently #647 on CMC but it's gon' be bigger than BTC!

Since a lot of people are talking about diversifying these days, thought it would interesting to do a poll and see if people are actually diversifying and what are they getting into. Disclosure for me: I haven't actually sold any of my XRP, but any new investments have been going into other things. I bought ADA a couple of years ago and have been gradually moving some of the gains into other coins, ditto with ETH. I have been buying AVAX and FLR (IOUs) on Poloniex.

Much of it is in XRP. Of course there's an equivalent amount of FLR en route in the coming years. I have a small handful of exchange-based tokens necessary to upgrade interest rates (BTR, CRO, NEXO, etc.). Otherwise: USDT or USDC safely earning 10-16% interest APY. Between the two, it's mostly USDC as I think USDT has a tough road ahead of it with the SEC investigation. 

Not really interested in other cryptos. For the most part, any crypto with the word "poof of" in it's consensus mechanism is slow, clunky, expensive and unscaleable. My stable coins just keep me at the ready in the cryptosphere for when a buying opportunity presents itself. 

22 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Foolish not to diversify at this point, especially with the lawsuit.

I mean it depends on your timeframe and your dollar average. The recent pumps have shown us that xrp can still move. The pump wasn’t caused by telegram users, it was moved by whales. SEC or no SEC it can still move. Remember the last bull run when projects with literally nothing going for them were soaring? Just because it makes no sense for xrp to move now doesn’t mean it won’t move.

Having said that as I said above I’m not buying any new xrp unless we go very very low.

9 minutes ago, RobertHarpool said:

For the most part, any crypto with the word "poof of" in it's consensus mechanism is slow, clunky, expensive and unscaleable

Agreed, this is why I am buying FLR.

I was 100% XRP.

Now:
60% VET
20% XRP
20% HBAR

But buying more of my XRP stack back daily. I hope to have my original stack back within 2 months hopefully before it explodes.... which it will I am sure. I just felt back in December that VET and HBAR were going to go up sooner and by a lot. It ended up being a very good decision. 

When the SEC news became official (23rd Dec?), I sold my entire XRP stack for ETH.  I'd already held ETH at that time, but just added to it. I've slowly been selling my ETH (have about half left) on the way up. I've been rather promiscuous over the last 6 weeks or so: UMA (since $8), GRT (since 33 cents), ATOM, AVX (since $5), SNX, ADA (added more), VET (added more), XLM (added more), ALGO, ZIL, NEXO, DOT, HBAR, CTSI (my "#647 coin").  The only under-performer for me has been IOTA.   

20 minutes ago, bellbright said:

Where can I buy FLR?

HOW? 

Only IOUs are available for trading right now. Bitrue is trading them but you have to be a verified user. Poloniex has it at a lower price. There are also other exchanges, I think an Indian exchange is trading IOUs too.

So on Poloniex it is classed as XFLR. People who were airdropped and holding on Poloniex now have the equivalent number of XFLR, which they can sell. They can't remove from the exchange and you can't deposit it either (hence the large price disparities between exchanges, no arbitrage is possible yet). Poloniex say they will snapshot the XFLR balances on the exchange when the Flare Network goes live, and distribute the Flare tokens according to that snapshot. 

In other words: if you had 1000 XRP on Poloniex then you will be airdropped a little over 1000 FLR. Poloniex says ok now you have 1000 XFLR you can sell right now if you want. I had nothing on Poloniex to start with but I come and buy your 1000 XFLR. Flare Network then goes live and Poloniex does another snapshot. You get no FLR at all and I will get 15% on the first day and 3% every month after until I have my 1000 FLR.

Edited by Seoulite

21 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

When the SEC news became official (23rd Dec?), I sold my entire XRP stack for ETH.  I'd already held ETH at that time, but just added to it. I've slowly been selling my ETH (have about half left) on the way up. I've been rather promiscuous over the last 6 weeks or so: UMA (since $8), GRT (since 33 cents), ATOM, AVX (since $5), SNX, ADA (added more), VET (added more), XLM (added more), ALGO, ZIL, NEXO, DOT, HBAR, CTSI (my "#647 coin").  The only under-performer for me has been IOTA.   

Funny you mention CTSI, I recently asked a friend of mine what he was holding and he said CTSI. Checked CMC and it is #484. He said it is the Windows to crypto's Linux or something like that. 

Crypto Eri said we are getting to the point where you can pick any of the top 150 and see double digit gains. I think that is broadly correct but with many alts a double digit increase is actually a disappointment haha. Anyway are you buying XRP back now? Or gonna stay away for a while longer?

54 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Only IOUs are available for trading right now. Bitrue is trading them but you have to be a verified user. Poloniex has it at a lower price. There are also other exchanges, I think an Indian exchange is trading IOUs too.

So on Poloniex it is classed as XFLR. People who were airdropped and holding on Poloniex now have the equivalent number of XFLR, which they can sell. They can't remove from the exchange and you can't deposit it either (hence the large price disparities between exchanges, no arbitrage is possible yet). Poloniex say they will snapshot the XFLR balances on the exchange when the Flare Network goes live, and distribute the Flare tokens according to that snapshot. 

In other words: if you had 1000 XRP on Poloniex then you will be airdropped a little over 1000 FLR. Poloniex says ok now you have 1000 XFLR you can sell right now if you want. I had nothing on Poloniex to start with but I come and buy your 1000 XFLR. Flare Network then goes live and Poloniex does another snapshot. You get no FLR at all and I will get 15% on the first day and 3% every month after until I have my 1000 FLR.

I had XRP on bitstamp and coinbase in the snapshot date. Will I automatically receive the airdrop once Flare goes live or do I have to go through some extra steps to “claim” them? 

1 hour ago, RobertHarpool said:

Otherwise: USDT or USDC safely earning 10-16% interest APY. Between the two, it's mostly USDC as I think USDT has a tough road ahead of it with the SEC investigation. 

Wow 10-16% yearly return? What program is this? Is it one of coinbase’s offerings or what? 

23 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

I had XRP on bitstamp and coinbase in the snapshot date. Will I automatically receive the airdrop once Flare goes live or do I have to go through some extra steps to “claim” them? 

Each exchange is doing slightly different things but as far as I know you won't have to do anything. The exchanges should make a FLR wallet and give you 15% on day 1. You shouldn't need to do anything.

On Poloniex people don't need to do anything if they don't want to sell either. It's only the people who want to sell right now who are saying 'ok I don't want the FLR later, I want the money now."

12 minutes ago, f-ledger said:

I liked ETH and it did well for me, along with Solana and Link, but I consolidated all of into ADA a few days ago and now just have ADA and XRP. I’m more than happy with their current performance too. 

Wow you reentered XRP at the right time! ADA is doing very well, but I must admit I'm starting to get a bit of vertigo, which is why I've been slowly taking profits.