Ripple Partner SBI Holdings Launches XRP Lending

No I think it means it’s a stable coin you can buy and lend to others to gain a 1% return on up to 100,000 tokens. Since the token has no real value at least you can earn other ways. A 1 percent return is a much better return than waiting for xrp price action.

Edited by Scout
2 hours ago, Scout said:

No I think it means it’s a stable coin you can buy and lend to others to gain a 1% return on up to 100,000 tokens. Since the token has no real value at least you can earn other ways. A 1 percent return is a much better return than waiting for xrp price action.

It's 0.1% annual interest. :)

4 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

That article isn't written well. Lower down it says the fee is .1% which seems more reasonable than the interest rate. Also is this actual DeFi? I would guess it's centralized.

There's a Coindesk article on this topic that is written better.

22 hours ago, henne111 said:

0.1% annual interest.
Isn't that a little too little?:(

Japan is currently in a negative interest rate environment.. so any positive interest rate is much better than what's available.

https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/interest-rate

The Bank of Japan left its key short-term interest rate unchanged at -0.1% and maintained the target for the 10-year Japanese government bond yield at around 0% during its January meeting by a 7-1 vote.