Santiment XRP Metrics on Price & What Happened Feb 1st

I find this stuff very interesting and insightful.  It is Eri's second or third interview with this company.  Unfortunately the Santiment monthly fees are very expensive, but i think an expert in TA would find out why their TA is so often failed them, and there would be a big improvement in TA results with these extra metrics.  Crypto behaves so differently from the stock-market because it is so driven by social media.

There is a free trail (2 weeks)

Not sure I would know how to use it because I am not a TA person, but if it has a forum there might be some juicy early inside information that would help us trade more profitably?  Has anyone tried the free trial?

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Crypto behaves so differently from the stock-market because it is so driven by social media.

I disagree slightly with you there.

Yes it does behave vastly different to Stocks, but that is not due to social media, it is down to who is actually pushing money in/out of crypto.

Up until the last few months this has been dominated by the average layperson speculating in a highly volatile market in the hopes of striking rich. They are highly emotional and are like a flock of birds startled at the slightest thing - social media is the medium which 'startles them'. Yes it plays a part, but it is the type of investor as to why the market behaves differently.

When the market is dominated by corporate money it will be a very different space, far less volatile, a lot more predictable. Until this happens, I find TA doesn't really have much value.

4 hours ago, jamie998 said:

I disagree slightly with you there.

Yes it does behave vastly different to Stocks, but that is not due to social media, it is down to who is actually pushing money in/out of crypto.

Up until the last few months this has been dominated by the average layperson speculating in a highly volatile market in the hopes of striking rich. They are highly emotional and are like a flock of birds startled at the slightest thing - social media is the medium which 'startles them'. Yes it plays a part, but it is the type of investor as to why the market behaves differently.

When the market is dominated by corporate money it will be a very different space, far less volatile, a lot more predictable. Until this happens, I find TA doesn't really have much value.

TA is really helpful with entry and exit points, and often gives smarter trading than without TA.  Even a little smarter can be the difference between making good profits and making huge profits.  I have been watching Baka develop his technique of using TA to guide his trading, and he is right a lot of the time and making a lot of smart decisions. The decisions are almost always about when to enter a market and when to leave a market, and not panicking or chasing the pumps.

The thing about the Santiment data is we can see lots of things developing on social media in advance of them happening.  This particular event was absolutely the sort of event Santiment is best at following and predicting.

If there is a forum on Santiment it might be very interesting reading!  I am thinking of enrolling for a free trail, but quite frankly I could not deal with the data because I am awful at working at things in a fine level of detail.  It is against my nature to be disciplined to routines and detailed fine tuned analysis. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

TA is really helpful with entry and exit points, and often gives smarter trading than without TA.  Even a little smarter can be the difference between making good profits and making huge profits.  I have been watching Baka develop his technique of suing TA to guide his trading, and he is right a lot of eth time and making a lot of smart decisions. The decisions are almost always about when to enter a market and when to leave a market, and not panicking or chasing the pumps.

The thing about the Santiment data is we can see lots of things developing on social media in advance of them happening.  This particular event was absolutely the sort of event Santiment is best at following and predicting.

If there is a forum on Santiment it might be very interesting reading!  I am thinking of enrolling for a free trail, but quite frankly I could not deal with the data because I am awful at working at things in a fine level of detail.  It is against my nature to be disciplined to routines and detailed fine tuned analysis. 

if we have a shot at beating the hedge funds, @Baka is our best option in this forum