Uphold is a Scam!!

RootSilent

6 hours ago, Daniel8 said:

I was getting ready to wire a deposit to Uphold, but after reading this I am having second thoughts.  I am under the impression that I can only buy $500 worth of XRP at a time anyways

I never wired them, so, can't say.  It's been years, but even back then they were willing to let me do an ACH in and go ahead and buy whatever I wanted - with the caveat that the ACH would have to settle before I could withdraw/send funds (usually 4-5 days or so).  I've no idea about this $500 limit stuff - I never encountered that.  I credentialed in super early, though, and they raised my limit without me even asking for it or ever hitting any such limit.  Maybe things have changed, but I think it's just newbies complaining.

(That never changes...)

• 1 month later...

Is there another way around this? I emailed uphold support in order yo give them more info so what the OP said happened wouldn’t happen to me but all they did after I gave them my info was authorize a $10k TOTAL deposit for a YEAR. That’s including transfers from other exchanges. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I’m gonna need to find another option to sell ASAP.

I know there’s a workaround in bitstamp where I originally bought my biggest bag of zerps, but I’d need to learn quite a few things in order to do that. It’s something along the lines of swapping XRP for Bitstamp USD IOU’s on the ledger and then selling those IOU’s for USD on bitstamp. I might be a little or a lot way off cuz I only read it once from another user here in the forum, but I’ll start looking into it very soon and do whatever it is I have to do to understand and learn the process so I can test it with a small amount and see if it works. If there is already thread on this I haven’t seen, I’d appreciate a link to it!

20 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

Just tried it today for the first time in a year or so and, wow... just wow. Their UX is utterly appalling, never seen anything like it! 

YES! Their user interface is an absolute mess. Not intuitive at all, not enough tools and/or functions, etc. It’s extremely limited and somehow messy simultaneously. 

On 3/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, thinlyspread said:

Just tried it today for the first time in a year or so and, wow... just wow. Their UX is utterly appalling, never seen anything like it! 

You meant this in a positive way? Or negative?

@Zack921 ... It's in a bad way. 

Definitely. 

I want to like Uphold. I really do ... But whoever dreamed up their user interface is a madman. (Or perhaps has too many bosses?) 

Either way, I won't use them again. We have to pick our battles regarding spikes in blood pressure. Uphold ain't worth it. 

1 hour ago, RobertHarpool said:

@Zack921 ... It's in a bad way. 

Definitely. 

I want to like Uphold. I really do ... But whoever dreamed up their user interface is a madman. (Or perhaps has too many bosses?) 

Either way, I won't use them again. We have to pick our battles regarding spikes in blood pressure. Uphold ain't worth it. 

Plus they put a stupid limit of $10k deposit per year, unless that was a typo. Seriously? That’s pennies when you think about it, at least in the context of trading crypto. Extremely limited. 

• 3 months later...

Agree, not the best service by far, and they are doing some shady things, which I heard not a single time. I think they are using the personal data of some customers, which is really lame to do as a company. To protect my data and other people who I know, I am using aml kyc for the best security and to keep all  accounts safe, being sure that no one will use my personal data for any other purpose. I prefer to keep this information for myself only, and I don't want other people to have access to it.

Edited by Orbeck

• 1 year later...

I have this hunch or feeling that Uphold just does business a little differently due to their British culture. This may or may not have anything to do with it though. I've never had problems with them except them being a bit slow, probably due to much traffic on their site.