Ripple Wallet in 2021

brianwalden

2 hours ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Hi Brian, I remember you from years ago. Welcome back! :)

XUMM is the best wallet now: 

And take a look at this:

Import an XRP Ledger account using the account secret (family seed / mnemonic / secret numbers)

I might add that the reason it is the best XRP wallet right now is because it provides for functionality (found at this link: https://xumm.community/) that is not found in any other xrp wallets at the moment.. namely these:

image.thumb.png.e6920d7f97d3c2f8b76b61ce1eabddc9.png

On 2/2/2021 at 3:05 AM, brianwalden said:

Hi guys,

Years ago I bought my family XRP for Christmas, but I just held onto their wallets since they didn't know anything about crypto. Now my brother in law wants me to send him his to his atomic wallet. I've got all the keys, but what do you guys use for a wallet these days?

I guess it depends on how much you're giving them! The most secure option is a hardware wallet like a Ledger nano. There are a few extra steps involved with using a hardware wallet, so if they are not good with computers, I wouldn't suggest it. If the amount is low, or if they are going to use it frequently like a hot wallet on their phone, then Xumm is probably ok, but there isn't a xumm desktop app. Atomic wallet is a bit problematic. It appears to work as a good multicurrency wallet, but, there are a lot of people complaining about it. They use a non-standard key generator so that you can't easily recover your wallet in another application, and they have lots of bells and whistles that simply don't work well. The trading feature in Atomic generates the most frustration among its users. If you really don't know much about crypto, I think that Atomic probably isn't the best. I really don't advocate using an exchange to store funds, but if I had to suggest one, it would be Bitstamp.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, brianwalden said:

Hi guys,

Years ago I bought my family XRP for Christmas, but I just held onto their wallets since they didn't know anything about crypto. Now my brother in law wants me to send him his to his atomic wallet. I've got all the keys, but what do you guys use for a wallet these days?

I'd talk to your sister and see if she wouldn't rather you keep it.  Loan (give) 'em a few bucks, before you get the no-good-deed-goes-unpunished blame for whatever the hell he winds up doing with the keys (or the crypto)...

-voice of experience

Edited by NightJanitor
yup....

3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

You can create the QR offline using http://ripplerm.github.io/ripple-wallet/ Tools -> Raw Txn or something else.

But does XUMM allow you to submit a QR to the live network?

Yes, just scan the QR with Xumm. You can also create the QR code with Bithomp tools offline (download from Github). Works a treat.

@Wietse also has a cold wallet OS pretty much complete and ready to go, I understand, but he's prioritising Xumm development, correctly in my view.

51 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Yes, just scan the QR with Xumm. You can also create the QR code with Bithomp tools offline (download from Github). Works a treat.

@Wietse also has a cold wallet OS pretty much complete and ready to go, I understand, but he's prioritising Xumm development, correctly in my view.

Correct :)