FOIA letter (Freedom of Information Act) from Ripple

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The SEC also needs being held to account for dropping a bomb on retail traders and causing a black swan event and hitting us for billions in unnecessary losses.  I don't recall that service being

I love the final part of the document which basically says either you give us the documents so can show the world what Muppets you are or you refuse but provide us with justification why you refused a

https://www.scribd.com/document/492583369/FOIA-Letter

39 minutes ago, solid102 said:

I love the final part of the document which basically says either you give us the documents so can show the world what Muppets you are or you refuse but provide us with justification why you refused and end up looking like a shady organization rather than a gov enforcement agency.

The SEC also needs being held to account for dropping a bomb on retail traders and causing a black swan event and hitting us for billions in unnecessary losses. 

I don't recall that service being in their charter !

1 hour ago, panmores said:

What's the intention behind this? Not to accept any SEC docs proposal?

From the SEC Request for Documents website

"To avoid delays in processing your request, please provide your willingness to pay at least $61. Check the box to indicate your agreement. Pre-authorization of fees to a specific dollar amount in your request letter will speed the processing of your FOIA request. However, do not send pre-payment for your request. If you incur billable charges, an itemized invoice will accompany our final response to your request. You will be provided the option of paying the invoice online or by mail. Note that if fees are likely to exceed $250, the SEC does have the discretion to require advance payment prior to commencing any work."

__ Willing to pay $61

__ Other amount $___

How weird. 

8 hours ago, henne111 said:

Why is that strange?
I think it's good.;)

Why strange? 

1. The SEC wants you to express a willingness to pay AT LEAST $61. 

2. As I recall, Ripple's filing states a willingness to pay AT MOST $61. 

That's weird. Mistake by high power legal team? or intentional? If the latter, why? ...  If the former, is this an indication of future sloppiness? 

Edited by RobertHarpool
  • 1 month later...