Urgent!!! YouTube scammers trying to steal your XRP

XRP Community I just came across a Scam Channel on youtube Nigerian Scammers trying to steal XRP streaming live a video of Brad Garlinghouse being interviewed

They have set up a fake ripple give away by sending your XRP to their wallet address you get double back or more. they are pretending to be Ripple.

I have reported it to Youtube but they still haven't taken them down. We need to rally on this before people get suckered in.

Channel is called Ripple [Global]

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.33.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.34.07 AM.png

Edited by Maxxrp
typos and forgot to name the youtube scam channel

Can see why you might think this is an urgent message as you're a noob in this space but it's not urgent or anything new.

Scams like this in crypto are a common occurrence every single day and will continue to be.

Nobody can do anything to prevent this. Once reported to YouTube, the video won't be removed for at least a few days. By that time, a new scam video will surface.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Moonraker
2 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

Anybody who falls for scams like these deserves it.

Nobody 'deserves' it. Just because someone's more naive than you doesn't mean he deserves to be scammed. Some even lose all their savings to these assh*les. 

3 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Can see why you might think this is an urgent message as you're a noob in this space but it's not urgent or anything new.

Scams like this in crypto are a common occurrence every single day and will continue to be.

While you're right that it's not new I think these types of post should be stickies exactly for all the noobs finding out about crypto for the first time.

5 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

Anybody who falls for scams like these deserves it. They’ll either learn an important life lesson, or they’ll continue being dull. 

As a 67yr old guy with a little bit of forgetfulness going on in my brain, I hope to never fall for these bastards but I do have a friend who is 70, he lost 50 XRP to a scammer not a lot but enough to upset him at the time worth around $200 a huge amount to someone on a state pension here in the UK of around $205 a week at the time, Personally I don't want anyone to be SCAMMED but I do want SCAMMERS to be Jailed, beaten up, starved, their assets taken away from them, they are in my eyes as bad as Murderers for the Damage they cause, Oh another thing many outside of the Crypto world think we are the Dull ones , 

9 hours ago, cannylad said:

As a 67yr old guy with a little bit of forgetfulness going on in my brain, I hope to never fall for these bastards but I do have a friend who is 70, he lost 50 XRP to a scammer not a lot but enough to upset him at the time worth around $200 a huge amount to someone on a state pension here in the UK of around $205 a week at the time, Personally I don't want anyone to be SCAMMED but I do want SCAMMERS to be Jailed, beaten up, starved, their assets taken away from them, they are in my eyes as bad as Murderers for the Damage they cause, Oh another thing many outside of the Crypto world think we are the Dull ones , 

I agree, scammers are scum. 

Why would you go into crypto if you're old and forgetful? Crypto is not easy and you need to be on your toes all the time. I saw this "Nigerian scam" and I didn't need to view to know it was a scam. I just knew it was. If you come into the crypto space you owe it to yourself to be educated and to be sharp ALL THE TIME. If you're not, eventually you WILL either get scammed or make a mistake and lose a lot of money. 

Scammers are scum, but they aren't going away and are getting stronger by the day. 

12 hours ago, elo766 said:

Warum sollten Sie in die Krypto gehen, wenn Sie alt und vergesslich sind? Krypto ist nicht einfach und Sie müssen die ganze Zeit auf Trab sein. Ich habe diesen "nigerianischen Betrug" gesehen und musste ihn nicht ansehen, um zu wissen, dass es sich um einen Betrug handelt. Ich wusste nur, dass es so war. Wenn Sie in den Kryptoraum kommen, sind Sie es sich selbst schuldig, gebildet zu sein und die ganze Zeit scharf zu sein. Wenn Sie nicht sind, werden Sie irgendwann entweder betrogen oder machen einen Fehler und verlieren viel Geld. 

Betrüger sind Abschaum, aber sie verschwinden nicht und werden von Tag zu Tag stärker. 

Think about it. We were all beginners once. And we were happy about any help.