Ripple demands SEC documents classifying ETH and BTC as non securities

4 hours ago, jabit said:

The Ethereum Foundation is located in Zug, Switzerland. Probably not under the jurisdiction of the SEC.
Bitcoin is satosi's sole proprietorship, and he may split and hide his assets. Bitcoin may also be centralized.

Doesn't matter where they located they sold Eth to US citizens throughout the years and in its inception.

Satoshi has 1,000,000 BTC mined right at the beginning that he still holds valued at 33 billion today as well as a lot of the BTC founders who mined at the beginning hundreds of thousands of BTC and are architects of lobbying for BTC, pumping BTC via Tether and attacking every other Alt coin.

SEC clearly plays dirty. Last-minute complaint, never officially declaring BTC and ETH non-securities and then playing double standards, etc., while Ripple pro-actively tried to engage in dialog.

I think it's very simple and comes down to this: fear.

The establishment is afraid. Clayton's close ties to Goldman Sachs are well documented. Who else? What matter is that Ripple lawyers are on this trail, and they are on it. 

Dish the dirt, discredit the SEC.

34 minutes ago, panmores said:

SEC clearly plays dirty. Last-minute complaint, never officially declaring BTC and ETH non-securities and then playing double standards, etc., while Ripple pro-actively tried to engage in dialog.

I think it's very simple and comes down to this: fear.

The establishment is afraid. Clayton's close ties to Goldman Sachs are well documented. Who else? What matter is that Ripple lawyers are on this trail, and they are on it. 

Dish the dirt, discredit the SEC.

I don't think the established banks are afraid. I don't understand this argument. These are multi-billion conglomerates, Ripple is a silicon valley startup.

If Goldmann Sachs thinks Ripple is the Next Big Thing, they would use the software or just buy part of Ripple. But why was there no JPM GS or Citi in the 3rd round funding?

Please don't make Ripple bigger than they are.

20 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I don't think the established banks are afraid. I don't understand this argument. These are multi-billion conglomerates, Ripple is a silicon valley startup.

If Goldmann Sachs thinks Ripple is the Next Big Thing, they would use the software or just buy part of Ripple. But why was there no JPM GS or Citi in the 3rd round funding?

Please don't make Ripple bigger than they are.

I would be surprised if Ripple hasn't been approached for acquisition, but of course they refused seeing the potential - or for fear the buyer just wants to kill the tech.

4 hours ago, fernandoobregon said:

Just my thought im not an expert but i think this SEC case has some shady backround and i can speculate that some big banks ahmm jp morgan or something like that is behind this hole charade

This... just look what’s going on with Robinhood right now... they have big banks and hedge funds controlling them when they advertise for the small guy. Small guy was getting the rug pulled by him the entire time and didn’t know.  

14 hours ago, thinlyspread said:

You can't cherry pick and choose on a whim what's right and wrong, there must be some reasonable public framework. Ethereum Foundation et al are definitely not separate from all this from what I've read. Enough of the hypocrisy and double standards. 

Bring justice and enforcement fairly and responsibly to all, equally – or to noone. 

Every common person would agree, rules for all or rules for none. But the truth is that nothing has been fair in a very very long time, at least decades.

Blockchain, XRP, DeFi could fix a lot of this, and this is why the establishment doesn't want it at all.  It cuts them out and their rigging of the systems in their favor.

From market manipulation, LIBOR rigging, precious metals rigging, 1960's-era interbank SWIFT system for skimming profits off of cross-boarder transfers, 2008 financial crisis, petro-dollar standard, Robinhood manipulation, leaving the gold standard so we can all live in debt, anything banksters touch is manipulated.

It's only now that people are starting to wake up to reality, especially with the GME short-squeeze making headlines. How do you even physically short 140% of the existing stock of a company? SEC should have been all over it, it's so blatantly fraud....public blockchain could have prevented that but nope, then they wouldn't be able to cheat anymore.

When the regulators are paid to look the other way, just like during the 2008 housing fraud when Standard & Poor gave AA-whatever ratings to garbage assets, then the system needs to die.

Same with the whole 2020 US election debacle, put it all on a blockchain for everyone to see, but nope, can't rig that system for cheating, can we?

The day I actually agreed with bat-sh!t crazy AOC that "this ain't right", was a strange day indeed. 

Edited by jetbrzzz
DeFi ftw
21 hours ago, solid102 said:

Doesn't matter where they located they sold Eth to US citizens throughout the years and in its inception.

But basically they do not sell ETH in the US.

Americans who purchased in the United States may be able to sue the Ethereum Foundation, but they will not be under the jurisdiction of the SEC.

Edited by jabit
3 hours ago, jabit said:

But basically they do not sell ETH in the US.

Americans who purchased in the United States may be able to sue the Ethereum Foundation, but they will not be under the jurisdiction of the SEC.

True but then all ETH will be delisted from US exchanges 

On 1/30/2021 at 2:56 AM, fernandoobregon said:

Just my thought im not an expert but i think this SEC case has some shady backround and i can speculate that some big banks ahmm jp morgan or something like that is behind this hole charade

Well I have also said this before, big bank lobbyist have got in the ear of the powers that be in the previous administration, how this carries over to the new administration "Who Knows!"    Big Banks don't want XRP to go away because it works, they want to control it, so when it is said this is a battle for the escrow you bet your arss it is for whomever controls the escrow controls XRP.I fully believe this SEC attack is being driven behind the scenes by Big Banks. Tech wise swift has lost and they know it so where do you strike next "You unleash your political influence and call in favors!!"  The timing, etc of this case wreaks of some kind of collusion. 

Edited by RikkiTikki_is_Back
  • 2 weeks later...