Roborovskii

[Evidence] Dismissing the myth that XRP will not be used by Banks

That is an EVIDENCE?

evidence

ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/

noun

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Which fact you can show that XRP is used?...there is only one fact: the ledger. Show the transactions and we have the proof!

7 minutes ago, tulo said:

That is an EVIDENCE?

evidence

ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/

noun

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Which fact you can show that XRP is used?...there is only one fact: the ledger. Show the transactions and we have the proof!

Evidence that XRP is planned in the works. This is to dismiss the myth that bank will NEVER use XRP, and that there are no plans to use it.

31 minutes ago, Roborovskii said:

Evidence that XRP is planned in the works. This is to dismiss the myth that bank will NEVER use XRP, and that there are no plans to use it.

What a joke.

You want to make an evidence with slides/pics of a planned thing? It's not serious.

We will have an evidence when XRP will be used on RCL and when we will have the cryptographic proof of transactions. Not before.

At least we just can hope it will be soon and not soon ®

4 minutes ago, ElMoskito said:

What a joke.

You want to make an evidence with slides/pics of a planned thing? It's not serious.

We will have an evidence when XRP will be used on RCL and when we will have the cryptographic proof of transactions. Not before.

At least we just can hope it will be soon and not soon ®

So we now know who the fudders are in here.

First the FUD was - "banks will never use RCL/XRP since ILP was put together. Not a single mention to RCL/XRP?"

Now when documents are presented WITH mentions of it - "Show the transactions and we have the proof!"

It will never end, will it?

Even with current developments and signs of progress, still it isn't enough.

"We want it, now! Now! Now!" - Patience is a virtue that you don't have.

We should not pay attention only to bank and XRP.
We should pay attention to a bank and XRP and company.
When Bank uses Interledger, company uses XRP in an escrow of Trade Finance.

http://www.coindesk.com/how-standard-chartered-is-using-ripple-to-rethink-trade-finance/

http://www.gtreview.com/news/asia/banks-develop-blockchain-based-platform-for-trade-finance/

I think that it occurs in the mid-and-long term.

Trade Finance wiki:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_finance

ILP and RCL are available for communication using XRP now.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-continues-to-bring-internet-of-value-to-life-new-features-increase-transaction-throughput-to-ame-level-as-visa/

I think that Ripple is used by future international corporation trade.

Ripple is making  foundation with banking world community first for it.
Dealings between this enterprise probably become very huge.
And a consumer would use XRP finally.

Edited by hamasugu

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah man GREAT post which perfectly illustrates my point...you should read that slide very carefully...

Are you referring to where it says "multiple virtual currencies"?

Even if they don't use xrp exclusively, won't working with multiple banks still increase the exposure of it and at the very least strengthen its position among other currencies?

34 minutes ago, Graine said:

but look at the date of the last transaction...It seems abandoned..

n.b. I am long on XRP. imo Fidor probably started the  POC too early. Hopefully it was an educational experience for both Fidor and Ripple

Edited by jn_r

5 minutes ago, jn_r said:

n.b. I am long on XRP. imo Fidor probably started the  POC too early. Hopefully it was an educational experience for both Fidor and Ripple

well Fidor also "evolved" shall we say as a company... they've since been gobbled up by a bigger one

actually Fidor turned into essentially a marketing outfit with gimmicks, so they could sell their user base... cunning strategy

6 minutes ago, jn_r said:

Fidor and subsequently Snapswap have 'drifted' away from RCL, sadly with no reason quoted. That is why I am worried over all these beautiful press releases and announcements. 

2 hours ago, Roborovskii said:

So we now know who the fudders are in here.

This isn't a fair statement, and your prior remark was quite rude and unbecoming of this forum. @tulo and @Vinnie are simply saying that the only thing that will "dismiss the myth that XRP will not by used by banks" is on ledger transactions of a bank doing just that. This is fact not FUD. Your topic would be more aptly titled "Evidence banks will use XRP" or something similar. It does little to prove banks will be using XRP. Even the slide above in no way implies that banks will be directly handling XRP as you seek to "prove". Instead it shows a market for XRP, BTC, JPY and USD pegged cryptos, and "SBI Coin", and other regional coins being used to facilitate cross-border transactions. As we all know this can happen through a market maker which removes the liability of banks handling cryptos directly. 

Interestingly you may notice the first Fidor address above says "Receiving XRP: Not allowed". I've never noticed this but if one or maybe the only bank we can find on RCL has flagged an address to not allow XRP to be sent it seems you could use this to argue the opposite of this topic  

For the record I am long on XRP. Whether banks adopt it or not we've seen what MM's can do with it thanks to FlashFX and GSR markets. If RCL liquidity continues to increase I believe banks will find a use for it over time, but we'll only know for sure when it happens. 

Edited by Xi195

4 minutes ago, Xi195 said:

Interestingly you may notice the first Fidor address above says "Receiving XRP: Not allowed". I've never noticed this but if one or maybe the only bank we can find on RCL has flagged an address to not allow XRP to be sent it seems you could use this to argue the opposite of this topic  

Fidor used authorizedaccounts. So preventing XRP deposits might have been KYC/AML warranted.