PunishmentOfLuxury

Vinnie calls Ripple "HYPE" (edited)

Just one request, Please keep ripple away from all this noise, they have plenty hard work and let them focus. this is ridiculous, people holding xrp, not doing anything to contribute to the ecosystem, no hosting nodes, no building services on RCL, nothing... just , nag nag nag ! 

people who are really working, we don't hear a noise. its just empty vessels. 

Look at the ripple and its 190 member team, hard working all day, who are also waiting to become rich. so many years of endurance, and here are you few folks. lots to learn.

Edited by R8102V1D2D

How do you people know information of at how much Vinnie sold? How do you even know he sold? I missed completely when he left company and what was reason for it, maybe anyone has link for it?

By post on bitcointalk, I would say that Vinnie is just not type of guy that would sell fake promises. XRP is extremely big speculation, probably much bigger then BTC at this point, but because of that it is bigger possible upside too.

Ripple hired (not long ago) director for XRP markets. That would be a statement from company to me that they plan to advertise it a lot more in the future, but I dont see a reason why serious company that deals with banks (serious businesses) would promote product to speculators before it is even ready/used by their target market.

1 hour ago, lucky said:

That's the opposite of vaporware.

Vinnie sold all his XRP after holding for four years, for around $0.006, and the very next week it exploded. Sour grapes.

If he sold off his XRP right before it went through the roof, then that explains a LOT about his recent posting on bitcointalk. 

16 minutes ago, Takio said:

Ripple hired (not long ago) director for XRP markets. That would be a statement from company to me that they plan to advertise it a lot more in the future, but I dont see a reason why serious company that deals with banks (serious businesses) would promote product to speculators before it is even ready/used by their target market.

The purpose of "Director for XRP markets" is to market XRP along the lines of the company strategy, which has been consistent with regards to XRP from the start - to assist it in expanding their business, and to be used as a bridge asset.  Lots of FUD in this thread.  Lots.  People want to buy back in low it seems :)

At one side we have 180 top-class programmers, business networkers and developers, advisors with connections to banks and politics and all this is backed by about 50 capitalists who also have their own teams watching Ripple with hawk eyes. We also have about 100 banks readying their systems to use Ripple technology (yes, including XRP). On the other side is @Vinnie trying to tell us that this is not happening, everything with XRP is bad or it's outright scam. This is just a very easy and very classic situation...

Guest Vinnie

All I am asking is to have a few questions answered, and I am being attacked for that? And when I urge caution by encouraging people who are long XRP to do a little due diligence, then people question my character?

Guest Vinnie
2 hours ago, BAX said:

What are you talking about there are a lot of Ripple partners using threir technology.........this is NONSENSE!!!

Okay then what are the issuing account IDs, do they use XRP, what is their RCL workflow, and how much volume are they doing? The ledger is public....

10 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

All I am asking is to have a few questions answered, and I am being attacked for that? And when I urge caution by encouraging people who are long XRP to do a little due diligence, then people question my character?

You are perfectly entitled to your views and have every right to express them here or elsewhere. All I wished to highlight is that you are no longer a member of the Ripple team, neither contractually nor metaphorically (since you hold BTC, not XRP), and that people should be aware of that agenda when reading your pronouncements.

The choice of the capitalized, inflammatory, insulting (to some) term was your own, and I'm happy to call you out on it.

Edited by PunishmentOfLuxury

Guest Vinnie
1 hour ago, lucky said:

Vinnie sold all his XRP after holding for four years, for around $0.006, and the very next week it exploded. Sour grapes.

When your only argument is to attack someone's character instead of debating facts, you have no argument.

Guest Vinnie
2 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

The choice of the capitalized, inflammatory, insulting (to some) term was your own, and I'm happy to call you out on it.

Okay, the term was misleading (since the software exists) I can own up to it - I edited the post.

Guest Vinnie
Just now, Roborovskii said:

@Vinnie Is it true you traded out the bulk of your XRP to BTC before the recent run up in price? Are you currently holding mostly BTC now? Honest questions.

I have to say, the way that people attack and insult here is not interesting to me at all. A lot of people are long XRP but I don't bring that up because it is irrelevant. Ideas should be debated but when people resort to name calling and attacks it is uncivil and rude, and not something I am interested in participating with at all. Since other folks here have presumed to speak for me I will simply remain silent on matters, and leave you with one last word of caution - read carefully the SBI slide deck especially the page image posted in this thread.

10 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

Our strategy with FIs has not been to push them to use XRP or RCL. The strategy has been to offer them a solution that will get better when and if XRP can provide intermediary liquidity.

Until fairly recently, mentioning XRP to an FI was a big problem. They were just unwilling to go anywhere near it. This was one of the factors driving the pivot to ILP.

Recently, FIs have become more receptive to using a crypto-currency like XRP. Frankly, it's not an easy sell because XRP doesn't have bitcoin's liquidity. But it does have lower transaction cost, higher transaction speed, and greater transaction capacity.

I'd love to fill in a lot more details, but unfortunately we really can't publicly discuss strategy.

I do agree that based solely on publicly available information, you can't infer that these deals will directly impact XRP price or volume. And I'm not saying that to imply that I have secret information that it will. That's just a fact.

And I think that one could imagine a scenario in which Ripple, the company, succeeds wildly and becomes a multibillion dollar company and yet XRP fails to ever go anywhere. However, Ripple holds a lot of XRP, and Ripple benefits significantly if there's price appreciation.

The long-term success of XRP could happen some way none of us can't predict. But the realistic success case is that Ripple succeeds in the payments space and then successfully promotes XRP as a vehicle currency. I have always believed that that's a long shot. But I also think the progress we made speaks for itself.

@JoelKatz and that is the right dignified way of doing it, especially when we value something ourselves to start with. Early adopters are expected to have faith in the organization, follow closely and "Infer" the obvious.

Only snake oil salesmen desperately run behind to make "sale at any cost".

valuable things derive value by inherent noble qualities and this value is subject to realization, followed by evalutaion(specific), adoption and reverent use. 

I want to make a moment, to say thanks for all the hard work that's done (including Vinnie), and ownership/Fortitude shown. 

@Vinnie you have clearly crossed the line and you are no more asking simple few questions and seeking answers. We all overwhelmingly supported in your noble endeavor, when you disrespect all the effort and authenticity of a hard earned product ( of which even you have fathered ), it would be foolish of us to not question your intentions-ergo-character.

Either that or you have very poor social judgement, and in-spite of your exceptional programming skills, the same cannot be said about societal and operating knowledge of human ecosystem. in which case, I feel sorry ( because an authentic person , because of his not-well-thought-about jerky nature comes off a vicious and causes great harm)

Edited by R8102V1D2D